Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 28-10-2023, 09:45 PM
Experiencer
I've spent a good deal of time thinking about this tree of knowledge of good and evil. And I don't believe in death. Rather, I don't believe in death if it means the termination (non existence) of any thing. I don't believe anything dies, and therefore my understanding of death in the Bible is as metaphor for the idea of separation from God and each other.

The knowledge of good and evil was the beginning of duality and choosing to eat of this tree (metaphorically) was choosing the experience of it (duality). In choosing to experience duality, we created evil to contrast good. The prediction of death had nothing to do with our current idea of death. The words may be confusing, but the intent was, "if you eat of this tree, then you will experience separation."

For clarification, it is impossible to be separate from God or each other. We are all one. Any idea of separation...individual identities based in matter, etc...is only an idea...a misperception of what is. Another way of saying it is simple denial of our divinity.

Blessings, Z
Old 29-10-2023, 12:13 AM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by zastrakoza
. The words may be confusing, but the intent was, "if you eat of this tree, then you will experience separation."
IMO the remedy for this separation is found in John 7:37-39….Spirit becomes the connection to God….
Old 30-10-2023, 03:32 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
I've spent a good deal of time thinking about this tree of knowledge of good and evil.
Blessings, Z
Imo, physical death was always built in in our complex physical design. We 'died' when our animal brain consciously understood implications of impending physical death. Our 'energy' body , imo, can not die.
Old 30-10-2023, 05:51 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Duval
Imo, physical death was always built in in our complex physical design.

Yes, all physical manifestations change form. It is the life cycle of the nature of matter. The predominate emphasis on literal and physical interpretations of spiritual concepts is due to short-sightedness of those who only can see in a certain field.

The energy of a being is its essence. The molecular composition is only a manifestation or reflection (illusion) of reality. What we see as death is really only a transformation of energy particles, moving from one order to another. Nothing actually dies.

For clarification, nothing can die, because all energy is of God, and therefore eternal.

Blessings, Z
Old 30-10-2023, 06:41 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Yes, all physical manifestations change form. It is the life cycle
For clarification, nothing can die, because all energy is of God, and therefore eternal.
Yes…..”From dust to dust thou art”. There is inherent energy in the dust of our bones…..
Old 18-11-2023, 11:55 AM
Master
To me it seems the Tree of Knowledge represents partaking in this roleplaying game called the material universe. Not just ''Adam and Eve'' but all of us eating the fruit, wanting to experience roles. Makes me also wonder if there was really ever the option to not do so, surely everyone is eventually curious enough to eat the fruit. I read in the comments there's the belief we go from nonduality to duality to nonduality, but that can't be final. It makes sense if that also continues, perhaps when the current universe ends and a new one starts.
Old 20-11-2023, 05:17 AM
Master

I think eating from the tree of knowledge is believing in a false word and symbol based reality. Believing in what we think things are as opposed to what they actually are. I think created reality is a thing and I think one can live there but I think there is also a reality we did not create and I think it may be superior or more true than ours.
Old 20-11-2023, 02:08 PM
Master

i think the big thing about our 'created' reality is, we don't much like it.
Old 20-11-2023, 03:31 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
i think the big thing about our 'created' reality is, we don't much like it.

I create the one's that I like
Old 20-11-2023, 03:31 PM
Master
Double.....