Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 19-10-2023, 01:11 AM
Master
Yes Death has something to do with perfection....but heavens knows what???

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 19-10-2023, 10:41 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
When once says "everything is perfect and is as it should be" one is condoning things like death of an entire family in a car accident. That is where I deviate from the theory that everything is perfect.

from a human perspective, yes, such things are irrevocably bad... but... once you start believing things like resurrection and reincarnation you get a door opened, a chance to see that really the only *bad* thing here when you die is you not getting what you want, e.g. to continue on as you are.

Because if either of those things are true, it means death as we know it is not the permanent ending everyone says it is, it is itself just another phase of life. It is like, your toys are taken away and you are not allowed to hoard them any longer and have to start in with something new.

Which I get that noone likes that either but still, if death as we know it isn't a permanent ending, what is the point of thinking of it as a permanent ending? And if we aren't going to think of it as permanent, why continue to be so concerned that a single human death is completely unacceptable under any circumstances? And why not trust God to know better than you what is necessary and what isn't? Why not just trust God and quit demanding that things be the way you think they should be?

but the attitude 'everything is perfect and as it should be' does noone any favors either...
Old 19-10-2023, 11:48 PM
Molearner

Death is the one and only certainty that life affords. There is no certainty in a single thing we desire. It is the ultimate form of justice….no one is discriminated against…..:)
Old 20-10-2023, 12:10 AM
Master
Quote:
Yes Death has something to do with perfection....but heavens knows what???

but then, Jesus promised that death would be done away with......

Paradise Lost: Paradise Restored.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 20-10-2023, 08:38 AM
Master
"When once says "everything is perfect and is as it should be" one is condoning things like death of an entire family in a car accident. That is where I deviate from the theory that everything is perfect."

The laws of cause and effect are 'perfect' and as it should be. Imo.....
Old 20-10-2023, 08:44 AM
Master

Molearner…..”Death is the one and only certainty that life affords.”

Yep have to agree with that one.

Heard another quote saying:
The only certainty in life is death and TAXES. Lol

Ooops sorry getting a bit off topic here.
Old 20-10-2023, 08:53 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
but the attitude 'everything is perfect and as it should be' does noone any favors either...
I personally find it beneficial to be aware of my preferences to what I deem to be ' perfect ', but thats just me
Old 20-10-2023, 11:28 AM
Molearner

To live is to change…to be perfect is to change often….someone said. Perhaps perfection is actually found in the persistence of always striving…..rather than the idleness of having reached some goal…..
Old 20-10-2023, 12:50 PM
Master

Perfection is boring to me. Imperfection is so much more interesting!

If we were perfect, we wouldn’t be here and then we would miss out on all the experiences and adventures that life has to offer.

Molelearner…….”to live is to change…to be perfect is to change often”.

Had a bit of a giggle at this one cos I thrive on change, always have done and have purposely created it throughout my life. So judging from this quote I should be absolutely totally perfect!!!! LOL
Old 28-10-2023, 01:34 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
Would it help us to understand if the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil had been named the Tree of Death ? Any thoughts ?
Perhaps, indirectly. I believe the tree of life is God's direct voice, the universe, and that the tree of knowledge is information you can get from any works of blind, mortal man. The tree of life is for the god body and soul whereas the tree of knowledge is for the mental and physical body. The tree of knowledge is not enough for it doesn't cover what one must do to walk any path, therefore, one neglecting the path and thus they die. I don't believe it to be death itself but rather a cause of death, to do something other than what it would it would take to resolve death, for example.