Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Time Travel

Old 02-02-2011, 09:44 PM
Richinside

Color The past can't change, however you can...

I don't believe that we can change the past, however "Back To The Future" is one of my favourite movies!
One thing we can change is our attitude toward the past. If you believe that your life sucked and you got the short end of the stick (or no stick at all) then you did. If you change that belief to one of "Things happen for a reason" and use your past as a lesson that you needed to learn, your present will be more of a gift.
Everyone has had something occur in their past that they could regret and wish never happened (personal experience talking), but dwelling on it detracts from everything that you could be enjoying now.
I have surrendered and let go of my past, and today I am happy with my life. When my time comes to move on I won't be sad, and will greet the next part of my journey with joy and enthusiasm. Good luck.

Laughter and love,

Richinside
Old 28-04-2011, 12:32 PM
Bluegreen

I often wonder whether we can change our past. It is said that there is no linear time but only an eternal now. Linear time is a human construct. I once read in an NDE story that we have to promise not to try to escape from linear time.
If time is indeed an eternal now, it should be possible to change our past. In my view, however, it would be a sheer impossible task when we take into account the effects one thought, one action has on the entire universe. It must be worse than untangling a tangled knot of wool to find the specific thought/action we want to change. But do we know all the ramifications?
Old 28-05-2011, 02:28 PM
Dave World

Noble truths: Life is suffering. The origin of suffering is attachment. The cessation of suffering is attainable. There is a path toward the cessation of suffering. -- Siddhartha Guatama
Old 30-05-2011, 02:00 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosewater
New Age spirtuality teaches us anything can be manifested, created etc, do you think it is possibe for someone to go back and change their past?

I have a bit of a delsusional wish to go back to high school if i could i would.. i lost a lot of my life to abuse and illness and other disorders it just would have been nice to have that expierence.. i dont know that this is possible or even anything i would try just wanted to see if anyone has any insight on time travel

Rosewater - This might be an old thread. I don't know, but I wanted to comment on it. As we go through each life incarnation we bare our medals of courage for our sacrifices. Some, perhaps you, suffer at the hands of others, but we can't go backwards in time. We can only live our life in the present moment and plan for a possible different future if it's meant to be. The accumulation of our life's experiences feeds our present state of mind its wisdom. We get wiser to the evils of the world and we learn just who to interact with in order to prosper. To go back in time is to go back to a state of naivety and innocence. You work too hard to gain knowledge through the years to go back to a time when you are unaware. Use the intellect you have now and be grateful for it. Be strong. Move forward.

Blackraven
Old 31-05-2011, 02:29 PM
LightFilledHeart

It is my understanding the past AND future can be changed, and the reason for that is that the point of power is in the present!

I refer you to an old Jane Roberts book by the name of "The Education Of Over-Soul 7", in which the author explains the process clearly and thoroughly.. far better than I ever could!

Simply put, when you change a core belief you hold right here and right now, it changes the events and circumstances of one's entire time-line, future AND past, and alters them correnspondingly. As I said, I'm not good at explaining it, though I do grasp the concept. The book does a far better job of it, and if you take the time to read it, you too will understand how this can (and does!) occur
Old 01-06-2011, 12:21 AM
Master
Actually in support of those who believe you can change the past, if you have access to antimatter and a wormhole you'll be all set.

Blackraven
Old 01-06-2011, 07:04 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosewater
New Age spirtuality teaches us anything can be manifested, created etc, do you think it is possibe for someone to go back and change their past?
No. We may have a memory of the past..
But what Marty McFly did is not possible.. the past is the past. You aren't going back to change what is now..

Last edited by Chrysaetos : 01-06-2011 at 08:25 AM.
Old 31-07-2011, 07:39 PM
Seperate_Reality

Doubtful...It could be a God like ability, outside of space and time, but not of the physical universe. The only time is now or the present. The past is in our minds and the future has not yet occurred. Since the mind is past recordings of all of our experiences on the physical world playing field and time-stamped, someone can view parts of their past and currently re-evaluate and change ideas, considerations, and conclusions. I'm sure you can understand how devastating and chaotic it would be, if one or more people could start changing the past on the physical world.
Old 01-08-2011, 09:48 AM
od30

i think the problem is in our(humenes in general) low self awarness of this truth(that all aspects of time is in the now moment)and our ineer blockeges that prevanet us from accsesing difrenet times in as much "real" way as our presenet,we have rules and we need to find ways to change the rules of the game in order to explore "new" frontires,i believe as we evolve as a specie we will have more power to change our rules and realy be creatores of our world,
now we r in a forgetfulness state that realy shrinkes what we r capable of doing and becoming,its just a matter of time growth and divine will untill we will be able to be more capable..
may we be more open to new posibilites new belifes
Old 24-09-2011, 12:33 PM
Pathfinder

It isn't possible to travel back in time (physically) yet. Maybe it is one of the rules of the universes that is there for a good reason. It is also possible that we may be approaching the question about time travelling too narrowly. We assume that we are going to be as we are in the present and travel to a point x in time and point y in space. All material changes, it is never the same, so everything is linked (we all know that). A more practical and beneficial approach would be to time travel using our minds, revisiting the past as we remember it. There is a reason why we (maybe just me) remember awkward memories (painful, traumatic, guilty, hurtful) more than the happy memories, as the painful or regretfull memories and the feelings attached to them need resolving. I have tried very hard to remember only the good ones from the past and sometimes it is easy but mostly the awkward ones (including the ones which I really don't know why I was a part of it- ie being bullied when I hadn't said or done anything to invite the attack) that surface. Mostly I want to travel back to the time when my mother was alive and not leave it ever, so you see the danger that journey of life would not be complete. If I had a choice to see my mother for 5 minutes and then leave and return to the present time/future time, I would always regret that I may not have said the right things to my mother and that I would never want to leave. I am weary about time travelling, the consequences would be enormous on the mind or if we actually would be the same person or the person from the past. As a physical scientist, I feel that we should remain open and the quantum mechanics/physics needs to develop into a another form/direction before we could contemplate the feasibility of time travel. Never say never, just be open, it might not be soon (or even in our life time).