Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 22-10-2014, 07:05 AM
Guide

Walking on Water, Tsunami, More

This was a very long dream, so I'll cut details out where possible, but it'll still be a long read.

A friend was going to move into a new house based in or around a city. It and the other houses were positioned on a raised area of ground, so that you have the main footpath, and another that goes up this higher ground to access the houses. I thought this would reduce the amount of people on that particular path, which I felt would be a good thing.

I was standing near where his home would be. It was dark, and I was looking out across large areas of water, possibly meant to be a river, between me and other areas of the city. Where I was standing, certain historical buildings were perfectly lined up in my view. I pointed this out. One of them was like an old arena (I can't remember the name it was given), and the one after that was an old prison. I think in the dream it was called Victoria Prison. It was abandoned, I believe. This resulted in me reflecting upon history. As I looked out onto the water, I said to imagine if others had settled here in the beginning, that they would have basically shaped the land differently and all of the water before us may not even be there (since, apparently, people would build the land over the water).

I remember going out into the water with a baking pan. At this point, the baking pan prevented me from going under the water. I could easily move through the water, and I was making land. I can't remember what I did, but it literally created land very slowly. The dream environment then completely changed. It was day, and it was the ocean by the beach of what eventually ends up being Thailand or Korea. At this point, everybody is walking on water. There's a building / climbing frame there and stalls, all on the water. It's literally like society on water, and it's all normal.

I go back and forth from the land on many occasions, passing many different people, communicating here and there. At one point, I even pass members of my brother in law's family. After speaking to them, I jump around a little bit using the climbing frame for leverage. At one point, in a more shadowy area back on land, I speak to my mother. I briefly consider 'creating land' in what looked like puddles, but decided not to because I felt that people would rarely pass through that particular space (despite it being slightly crowded). She pointed out that someone from my childhood school days was nearby, and that I should speak to them. After some uncertainty, I went up to this girl. She was turned away at first (she had been walking back and forth, like pacing back in forth in one place). I 'knocked' on her back. We started talking. I remember some of it quite well. I was trying to be confident, but was more awkward. I told her that she hadn't changed a bit, that she looked exactly the same as she did in the past, which was 'a good thing'. I almost said 'wasn't'. The conversation got awkward. She found that an odd thing to say, and so did I, so I tried to correct myself. When she had to get on with things, I suggested that maybe we could meet again 'out there', referring to the place beyond this one dark and shadowy area. I walked as she agreed, but I knew she didn't really want that.

So, I passed more people. I was on my way back to the water, only this time I stopped. There was this large 'dip' in the ocean. It was meant to be a whirlpool, but the way it dipped down looked so weird, like a dent. People were then being warned to come off and out of the water. There was concern that people would walk onto the dipped water just because they could. I then had concern about my sister and my niece being out there, but had this vision of them being guided back to the land.

The view then switched to a man and a woman. The man was possibly a reporter. They had a helicopter. The ground changed slightly. There were levels to the land where it would raise up to another level, again and again. It was similar in that sense to the original house on raised land. They were expressing concern about the people still out on the water. Suddenly, the whirlpool closed up, but in doing so had apparently claimed the lives of some of the people who didn't leave the water. There was then a view of a small number of bodies washed up on the beach, which the man went down to see. A little bit of time passed, and the woman's reaction changed from bad to worse as she gazed out into the distance. There was a wave in the distance, and a tsunami was on the way. Quickly, the man rushed back to the helicopter. The woman told him to fly up and away as fast as possible. He bumped the helicopter a few times in the process, but they got away.

At this point, I was suddenly watching the whole thing on TV in an unfamiliar home owned by my sister and niece. The news then showed some Korean women on a raised area by those waters. One of them was on her knees, cutting a knife into her cheeks until the skin was hanging off. I can't remember why she was doing this, but apparently she would be fine. It was like some kind of ritual. Nonetheless, I quickly covered my niece's eyes. The channel then switched to show a lady breastfeeding. I anticipated it would somehow turn bad like what I just saw, but it didn't.

For a short period, I navigated around this house. All of the walls were white. It was somewhat like a mini maze. Eventually I was back in the living room with my niece, and the scene jumped back to the area where the tsunami had now hit. The water didn't get as far as the reporter/s had expected, but still many people were standing there calling for help. I saw a car drive successfully along a path taking them up to the higher levels, but 'imagined' the worst case scenario of being in that car myself with my family and it falling over the edge, leading to death and, ironically in all of this, drowning to seal that outcome. Fortunately, we weren't in that car.
Old 22-10-2014, 10:37 PM
Super Moderator
A house is where our thoughts live. Water represents emotions so this dream seems to be a tail about your emotional journey in regards to your thought processes and beliefs. You have a past history of your thoughts/beliefs keeping you in an emotional prison but this has long been overcome and those thought processes shut down so you are now living with more and more levels of elevated thought and able to navigate quite easily the world of emotions. However, there is still a land mine so to speak out there. Some thought or belief that has the potential for taking you under emotionally and/or overwhelming you. This is something about yourself or your belief that you are not conscious of, it is foreign to you so it may take you by surprise one day but more than likely whatever it is, it won't turn out as badly as it might at first blush seem. You will whether the challenge quite well getting yourself back on high ground. You may have to take some twists and turns in your thinking to get there but in the end all will be well. I would say take stock and be proud of the progress you have made as you have gone pretty far but keep an eye out for something that may shake loose some thoughts or beliefs that have been a bit hidden from your awareness. This said, trust you have all the wisdom you need to sort it out in the end and get back to your place of centered balance. Overall a good dream but a bit of a forewarning. But you are ready and capable to handle most anything.
Old 22-10-2014, 11:53 PM
Super Moderator
I want to add here that the main lesson may be to learn to not cover things up as it just buries the issue and doesn't clear the problem. Instead you may need to allow yourself to be open to being overwhelmed by the situation or your emotions. Once you allow that to happen you will clearly see it isn't quite as overwhelm as one might have feared. Circumnavigating a situation does not heal it. Only confronting it does.
Old 23-10-2014, 07:27 PM
Suspended
This dream probably relates to how you are feeling in present time life. Feelings of risk taking and uncertainy. You feel uncertain right now in your life. Things are in a fluid state of flux right now.
Old 23-10-2014, 11:14 PM
Guide

Very insightful, Michelle. Thanks!

Thanks Thunder Bow.