Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 03-06-2016, 04:40 PM
Experiencer

Simulated Reality

Simulation Universe. Do we live in a simulated reality world?

This subject came back into the news yesterday when Elon Musk, CEO of SpaceX and Tesla Motors, and founder of Paypal, spoke at the Code Conference 2016 in California.

It's one thing for philosophers and theoretical physicists to discuss the subject that the probability is that we may be living in a simulated universe. It's another when you have a man, a billionaire mind you, that openly discusses it, and says that he believes there is only a one in a billion chance our world is base reality, meaning he tends to believe we probably do live in a simulated world.

It could explain anomalies, glitches in the matrix, quantum physics, string theory, gravity. Even the vast differences of beliefs, religions, gods, ufos, aliens, ghosts, psychics, bigfoot, you name it. Law of attraction? Does Elon Musk know something we don't? After all, he's worth 12.3 billion, we are not. ( at least not me )

Some theoretical physicists have already found evidence of a simulated world, and scientists are studying radiation coming from the universe.

If we did live in one, would we even know it? After all, we would be a product of the simulated world.
Old 03-06-2016, 04:52 PM
Master
Simulated versus real, in relation to what? You have to know what the "real" is and what it's comprised of, in order to compare it to the "simulation." And nobody knows what "the reality of Spirit" consists of. Knowing that then, speculations of this sort are nothing more than an exercise in word association. Life can be real. Life can be a simulation. Or an illusion, or an imagination. It doesn't matter which word you use to describe life when there's nothing to compare the word to.
Old 03-06-2016, 05:44 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodan
Simulation Universe. Do we live in a simulated reality world?
Of course reality, certainly as we know it, is a simulated piece of amazing handiwork. And we don't have to go all that deep to uncover this.

There is no such thing as "matter" as we interpret it. Everything within and around us is energy that's been condensed into the appearances of a solid.

And surprisingly we don't interact directly with this world that surrounds us in the way that we normally think we do. Everything is being interpreted by the manor in which our senses are calibrated. Our eyes are only tuned to a very specific spectrum, the nerves on our skin can only feel to the degree that they're calibrated to feel. And even with this such input is converted into energetic pules that then make their way to our brain. Our brain constructs a 3D version of what our senses are telling it and then interprets/interacts with our "reality" based on such input. Our experience with "reality" is a synthetic reproduction, and at no point does our brains interact directly with our surroundings, it only knows what our limited senses are sending to be processed.

My own dream world, is at times, so equally as vivid as it is, as I sit here, on a padded chair and type. I tend to think of our bodies as a space-suit of sorts, in which our soul uses to experience a very narrow band of what we think of as a physical reality. And at that it's simply an interactive "interpretation". We seriously inhabit a general platform of approximative assumptions.
Old 04-06-2016, 03:59 AM
Master
All I know is that if billionaires lived in a simulated reality, that would sure explain the rise of one Donald Trump.

*slinks away hoping she doesn't go noticed this time...
Old 04-06-2016, 01:14 PM
Master
Our reality is simulated, imo and some of humanity isn't waiting on 'science' to prove it. There are degrees of integration with the material worlds, some have said "you can live in it, and not be of it"; not all of humanity is completely part of the simulation nor belongs to its creator.
Old 04-06-2016, 01:25 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by skygazer
not all of humanity is completely part of the simulation nor belongs to its creator.
What creator are you speaking of here? If there is a creator (an idea I have no interest in personally, but that doesn't stop me from asking these questions), how can anything "not belong" to it? Doesn't everything that exists, emanate from this creator?
Old 04-06-2016, 02:46 PM
Experiencer

A computer simulation is what Musk was referring to, from what was said at the conference. He was saying we " probably " live in a computer simulation.
In other words, we are made up of digits, zeros and ones, binary code. Like what's written in a computer program. Probably more sophisticated, though, then what you will find written in today's computer programs.

We are living in a computer generated simulation reality, "created" by a super intelligent programmer(s), some sort of advanced intelligence, which could even be artificial.

Since we are living in this simulation, we wouldn't really be aware of this, conscious of it. We, after all, would think and believe we are living, breathing, human beings, in a real, physical reality world. We get hungry, thirsty, sweat, breathe, well, we live, and die.
We are characters within this simulation, therefore, we wouldn't know any different.
It's what scientists, theoretical physicists, are discovering that brings doubt to the common belief we are living in a base reality, not a simulation.

Not a subject that is entertained by most. Who wants to know we are digital characters in a made up universe, by some advanced intelligence?
Old 04-06-2016, 03:16 PM
Master
What if you are nothing more than a brain, wired up to a quantum computer that feeds you electrical impulses.

These electrical impulses make the brain assume that they are what the body sees, hears, smells and touches, even though every brain has no physical body.

So are you reading this SP member posting through your real eyes or is your brain assuming that you are looking through 2 eyes when in actual fact, a AI Matrix bot has just sent these words through wires into your brain memory.
Old 04-06-2016, 03:23 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodan
Not a subject that is entertained by most. Who wants to know we are digital characters in a made up universe, by some advanced intelligence?
For me it's not about entertaining or not entertaining. It's about pointing out that it makes absolutely no difference.

I am real = I still have to get on with my life.
I am digital = I still have to get on with my life.
I am someone else's dream = I still have to get on with my life.
I am (fill in the blank) = I still have to get on with my life.

Nothing changes. Create any reality you can imagine, and I still have my mortgage to pay and car payments to make.
Old 04-06-2016, 03:31 PM
Master
Yep, nothing changes.

Before spiritual experience - get bills, realise money isn't there, get ticked off.

After spiritual experience - get bills, realise money isn't there, get ticked off.

Just because my perspective has changed, nothing else has.

Sitting here, drawing on a dhurrie...yeah, 'spiritual people shouldn't smoke'...meh, who said that and who cares?

Car cuts me off in traffic "stupid bleeping idiot!"...nothing changes, only your awareness does.

I'm still 'me' in all my loud-mouthed obnoxious glory - it's just that now, I don't let things bother me or get to me.

Sure, I still get angry and impatient, but I can let it go almost the very second I experience it now - like a bad habit that just keeps on going through the motions.