Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Wicca

Old 07-02-2015, 12:01 AM
Knower
Any videos/books for begininers?

I do have a curiosity for pagan/Wicca but is there any easy to read or videos to watch that can help me get a better understanding?

Course if I decide this is the path to turn to, I can't tell my parents, they're against the ideas of Wicca/Pagan but I am just curious. :)

I like the idea of spells and stuff though honestly, spells never seem to work for me for some reason but at the same time I do believe you can attract certain things into your life, good or bad. Is that kinda how Wicca is?
Old 07-02-2015, 03:45 AM
Master

Wicca is a religion, a nature religion. Instead of going to church every Sunday there are festivals - 8 of them - that are celebrated throughout the year. Spells are not the main focus of Wicca. One of the reasons your spells don't work is probably because you haven't learned the art of "going within" or meditating and being able to get yourself into the alpha state. Just lighting a couple of candles and saying some words does not make a spell

A very easy book for a beginner is Scott Cunningham's Wicca for the Solitary Practitioner. After that read some of Christopher Penczak's books.
Old 18-02-2015, 01:14 PM
SelesteSollune

I am currently reading Scott Cunningham's Guide for the Solitary Practitioner and I've found it to be an amazing path starter. I also am taking classes from a one Kirk White, who also has two published wicca books out. Adept Circle Magic and Advanced Circle Magick. I haven't read the last two, but I know him as a teacher to be very knowlegable.
Old 07-03-2015, 03:15 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny Crow
A very easy book for a beginner is Scott Cunningham's Wicca for the Solitary Practitioner.

This was my first book on the subject. I recommend it as well. Very well written. Very informative.
Old 11-03-2015, 06:34 PM
Knower
I find these videos (parts 1, 2 & 3) very good videos for beginners.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FH-MkBqQfEU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9QK8BJ2oQ4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Or_PXrcsofU
Old 11-03-2015, 06:49 PM
Knower
After that I read living Wicca by the same author. And tore through Raymond Buckland encyclopedia of Wicca witchcraft and neopaganism.
But that was more informative. Lots of lore and breakdowns of some concepts. The bible. Pagan concepts are littered throughout. But it is still a book chalk full of information and philosophical thought points.

After that I branched out to meditation and obe books. Herman Hesse - Siddhartha was a magnetic pull and was very spiritually revealing to me. I read it on my physical journey a few years ago, but I digress. I am out of on topic useful thoughts about this I wish you well and a blessed journey