Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 22-01-2012, 12:51 AM
Master
I'm with you, Mayflow.

The inherent nature of existence is interactive... continuous giving and receiving without effort.

Our ego-minds have developed patterns of resisting, which blocks that natural flow... and, as Shabby said, someone in need of receiving can open it again.

In fact, many people find it easier to give than receive as they feel less vulnerable.

Xan

Old 22-01-2012, 12:58 AM
Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
I'm with you, Mayflow.

There inherent nature of existence is interactive... continuous giving and receiving without effort.

Our ego-minds have developed patterns of resisting, which blocks that natural flow... and, as Shabby said, someone in need of receiving can open it again.

In fact, many people find it easier to give than receive as they feel less vulnerable.

Xan

Yes...I can see that. I was trying to compare giving and receiving when it;s not even acknowledged....simply doing for doing sake. The whole time I was thinking of my "doing" for my kids and my husband and of course my self. Only when I stand still and try to remember do I see that I give and recieve...but it's freely without any attachment therefore it is not even registered as a part of my awareness. I am just saying my awareness as I can not speak for others but I am sure everyone experiences it but they just are not aware of it.
Old 22-01-2012, 12:59 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayflow
How about no givers, no receivers, just sharers?

Yes ... this seems balanced to me ... there is a lot to be said for the middle road lol ... this very thing come up recently in my work place ... we have reminded ourselves, yet again, as a team, that even though we are 'case-managing,' the sessions we have with clients are about 'sharing information' as opposed to one side using information which has been provided to develop a solution for the other ... which could be likened to the message the homeless person on the street gives to the passer-by, the passer-by very often does becomes the 'giver' in their own eyes, and in the eyes of the homeless, who probably, more often than not, sees him/her self as the receiver. My original question to you Shabby was to tease out the fact that we must be able to see ourselves in both positions, otherwise the understanding isn't complete ...

In the Love in action thread I shared an experience of feigning illness so my children could eat my dinner ... they are also the givers in that sense because it allowed me to experience the depth of my love for them as well as other realizations which trace back to my own childhood years with my parents ... and like Gem and i touched on in another thread, the giving and receiving still occurs even when there is no knowledge of who the giver is ... and in deed, regardless of the motivation ...
Old 22-01-2012, 01:32 AM
silent whisper

Quote:
Originally Posted by sound
Yes ... this seems balanced to me ... there is a lot to be said for the middle road lol ... this very thing come up recently in my work place ... we have reminded ourselves, yet again, as a team, that even though we are 'case-managing,' the sessions we have with clients are about 'sharing information' as opposed to one side using information which has been provided to develop a solution for the other ... which could be likened to the message the homeless person on the street gives to the passer-by, the passer-by very often does becomes the 'giver' in their own eyes, and in the eyes of the homeless, who probably, more often than not, sees him/her self as the receiver. My original question to you Shabby was to tease out the fact that we must be able to see ourselves in both positions, otherwise the understanding isn't complete ...

In the Love in action thread I shared an experience of feigning illness so my children could eat my dinner ... they are also the givers in that sense because it allowed me to experience the depth of my love for them as well as other realizations which trace back to my own childhood years with my parents ... and like Gem and i touched on in another thread, the giving and receiving still occurs even when there is no knowledge of who the giver is ... and in deed, regardless of the motivation ...

It is the unseen ripples of spirits essence at play that is sometimes seen and not seen....but it just is.
Old 22-01-2012, 03:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabby
I became aware one day that I was not the true giver ...the true giver was the one that received what I gave.
Bingo -I realized that in 1978.

Right, who is the true giver? The one that accepts lovingly beaming back the other's love.
Yup.
To accept a person's love - say, thru a gift or service done for you is the warmest
gift you could reflect back to them that their love is accepted, is special and appreciated and so meaningful.

Is it loving to be all shy and say, "Oh, I can't accept that"?
No, it blocks the flow of the outpouring of their heart.

Accepting is the true giving, indeed.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 22-01-2012, 04:49 AM
silent whisper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Bingo -I realized that in 1978.

Right, who is the true giver? The one that accepts lovingly beaming back the other's love.
Yup.
To accept a person's love - say, thru a gift or service done for you is the warmest
gift you could reflect back to them that their love is accepted, is special and appreciated and so meaningful.

Is it loving to be all shy and say, "Oh, I can't accept that"?
No, it blocks the flow of the outpouring of their heart.

Accepting is the true giving, indeed.

And I am wondering if in giving to someone who cannot reflect back that gift of service...because it is most difficult for them to receive and accept and show appreciation and meaning. Who then becomes the true giver? Not everyone is gracious and appreciative of a service and gift?
Old 22-01-2012, 04:57 AM
Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by silent whisper
And I am wondering if in giving to someone who cannot reflect back that gift of service...because it is most difficult for them to receive and accept and show appreciation and meaning. Who then becomes the true giver? Not everyone is gracious and appreciative of a service and gift?

I guess in that case no one is the true giver, since he that gives and expects something in return is not giving from the fullness of his heart. It was a missed opportunity.
Old 22-01-2012, 05:01 AM
Master
In my view Grace is the true giver... and if we pay attention we get to feel it.

Xan

Old 22-01-2012, 05:10 AM
silent whisper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabby
I guess in that case no one is the true giver, since he that gives and expects something in return is not giving from the fullness of his heart. It was a missed opportunity.

It reveals Shabby that the heart and spirit when alligned to extend...is really just how it feels for us. That is the magic of being open and in touch with ones own spirit..to recognise you are me...I am you.....their is no seperation....just the spirit of oneness..in a moment of oneness regardless of the giver and the receiver.
Old 22-01-2012, 05:13 AM
silent whisper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
In my view Grace is the true giver... and if we pay attention we get to feel it.

Xan

And if we cannot pay attention...and feel grace......that limits true giving?