Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Exercise

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 20-05-2015, 02:35 PM
sweetbeefaerie

Am I not cut out for running??

I recently started cultivating a daily exercise routine as a lifestyle rather than an every once in a while thing when I all of the sudden want to be healthy but the next day forget all about it. I started out slow with myself, because I knew it was the only way to fully integrate it into my lifestyle. I started by driving to a park every morning for a short walk. That turned into waking up and doing a bit of yoga and then leaving for my walk. By this point I've progressed to every other day doing a work out routine at home (weight lifting, yoga, etc.) and the days I don't do that I go on my walks. But a couple of weeks ago I decided I wanted to get into running. So I decided that for a couple of minutes during my morning walk, I would run. So I did this for about a week straight and I felt fantastic. I felt energized and healthy and motivated and I couldn't believe I'd never tried it before.

Fast forward to after that week... I took a few days off of my walks to rest my legs a bit and when I went back for another go at the walking/running thing, the moment I started running my legs started hurting very badly around my knee area. Running wasn't impossible, but they hurt bad. They felt like a ligament or tendon sort of pain... I looked it up and it sounded a bit like runners knee, but I didn't think that the small amount of running I was doing could have caused it.

I decided to do more at home workouts, and only go for walks every once in a while until it healed up. It's now been a week and a half and it still hurts pretty bad when I walk for more than a minute. I researched the proper way to run (warm ups cool downs then stretching) and I'm way better prepared to do it now, but my legs won't seem to heal. Am I just being impatient or is this a serious issue? And am I just not the type of person who should be a runner, or did this happen just because I didn't do my research and didn't do everything properly..?