Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 04-06-2014, 11:57 PM
Newbie ;)

Suicide and the soul

I'm curious to hear various opinions on the fate of the soul when death is through suicide. We're largely encouraged not to leave life by our own hands, and there are numerous beliefs surrounding the consequences hereafter should a person take their own life. But what about circumstances in which an individual fully knows that there is no relief to their pain or suffering, regardless of it's form, in this life? Do you believe the soul of that individual will be condemned or punished in some way?
Old 05-06-2014, 06:08 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainmaker
I'm curious to hear various opinions on the fate of the soul when death is through suicide. We're largely encouraged not to leave life by our own hands, and there are numerous beliefs surrounding the consequences hereafter should a person take their own life. But what about circumstances in which an individual fully knows that there is no relief to their pain or suffering, regardless of it's form, in this life? Do you believe the soul of that individual will be condemned or punished in some way?

Absolutely not. Love and compassion is shown, and that soul will be allowed to heal, and further learn and grow from their experience. In most cases, they will move on to assist others as well.
Old 05-06-2014, 06:37 PM
Master
I agree with MorpHnStorm, we are each here to learn certain things in each of our lifetimes. sometimes that is suffering. when I was 15 my best friend committed suicide. I knew then and now that she was a person who would never find happiness in this lifetime. a couple of days after she passed I saw her standing next to my bed. she didn't speak when I asked her why- she just smiled at me. her suffering was over, and while I suffered for while - I know now that it was a very valuable lesson to me. I would never advise anyone to take their own life- we are here to help each other- but I would never condemn someone for it. warm wishes :)
Old 05-06-2014, 10:39 PM
Master
there is no such thing as punishment and condemnation
but this does not mean a person that suicides or dies in some other way, perhaps in a violent way, can not get lost for some time or be trapped in the non physical earth realm
Old 06-06-2014, 08:11 AM
Deactivated Account

I think this may be somewhat related so..i think it's very very hard to actually commit suicide and i think this is for a reason.
so,because of this,i also think if we commit suicide it was part of our life path.
Old 06-06-2014, 09:43 AM
Administrator
When anyone passes through suicide they go into Healing in spirit,they dont suffer from their act of passing at all,nobody knows why a person commits suicide except the person themselves, and we can not condemn them either,some people reach a point in their lives where they feel they cant go on.

Namaste
Old 06-06-2014, 04:27 PM
Experiencer

I agree with Annabelle that its likely part of our life path. We are all interconnected and it teaches lessons to those around the sufferer. Generally suicide comes from a different state of consciousness since our instincts are for survival. I don't believe in punishment, but if we have unresolved matters when we die we can get stuck in lower realms until we recognize our ability to lift out of the confusion. But it's the same for all death. We can certainly experience some scary places, but it is only temporary.
Old 21-06-2014, 01:30 PM
Experiencer

When someone takes their own life, their soul and mind is deeply disturbed the moment they do this. It can be a variety of reasons. Some people are very unhappy with their lives, others have chronic pain. Others are high on alcohol drugs and or both when they commit suicide. For some people this is their only way out of a bad situation or something they can't deal with or tolerate anymore.

Growing up I was taught that if someone took their own life, that they would have to work through their difficulties or what caused them to commit suicide and their experience would be very unpleasant because they did this.
Old 27-06-2014, 12:24 AM
energyman1

Contrary to what religions would have you believe, after death there is no angry god condemning you to eternal damnation for what some consider sinning. There are many reports of the process after death, about 19 different aspects have been reported starting with out of body. To understand this better I recommend you read the account of Dannion Brinkley who was a mercinery who killed for money. He did not go to hell, there is no such place except of your own making. One of the aspects is a "life review" but not by a God sitting on a throne, (these concepts are so far out) instead in light of universal knowledge you judge yourself. Dannion was show each person he killed at the same time he became them and felt the fear, the hate and terror that his victims felt. You can imagine how that changed his attitude. You also feel the love and gratitude of those you helped. So if you commit suicide under very adverse conditions, no you don't go to hell. You decide if you have completed your agreement and if you didn't you simply return to earth and try again. After all you have eternity to do it. The higher levels of consciousness are dimensions of unconditional love and compassion.
Old 27-06-2014, 01:27 AM
yumi14

Quote:
Originally Posted by annabelle239
I think this may be somewhat related so..i think it's very very hard to actually commit suicide and i think this is for a reason.
so,because of this,i also think if we commit suicide it was part of our life path.

I have to agree with this. I attempted a few times. No success. In my NDE, I had a tremendous amounts of visions. So many have come true. This really makes me wonder if there is truth in soul plans. Had I not gone thru this and experienced these things, I may never have thought to research more.

The thing of it tho, it would have been better for me to just pass. I would never have wanted for some things to happen. I am actually quite angry about this. Why would this all be in my soul plan? Why would it be in other's soul plans? It was cruel to everyone. I would never have wanted that. Lessons have been learned, sure....but I resent the way it was all played out. I really do.