Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 01-09-2015, 11:56 AM
GrainOfSalt109494

Quote:
Originally Posted by celest
I know nothing until I think

How do you know you know nothing?

If you are not thinking?

And if you are thinking, how can you contemplate nothing?
Old 01-09-2015, 12:02 PM
GrainOfSalt109494

-If you ask me "Who are you?"

-I will say "I have already answered your question"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Joke (Non-Joke)

If you ask me "Where are you going?"

I will say "I am going to work now"
Old 01-09-2015, 12:03 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrainOfSalt109494
How do you know you know nothing?

If you are not thinking?

And if you are thinking, how can you contemplate nothing?

You know what I think?

Its probably best to take it all with a grain of salt? what do you think?

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 01-09-2015, 12:06 PM
GrainOfSalt109494

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesflow
You know what I think?

Its probably best to take it all with a grain of salt? what do you think?

I think you have it completely, very good. (Congratulates Self)
Old 01-09-2015, 12:35 PM
GrainOfSalt109494

Quote:
Originally Posted by celest
Things are always as they appear until I see they are not

-How do you know "Things are always as appear"

=If you have not always been here?

-How do you know "You see they are not"?

=If you do not know if they are as they appear?
Old 01-09-2015, 12:43 PM
Master
Quote:
I think you have it completely, very good. (Congratulates Self)

Why thankyou.. why thank me? hehehe

I can feel a dr suess coming on in me..lol

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 01-09-2015, 01:01 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Please refer to "writings for your consideration post 1, reply 1" for my thoughts on this. thank you (*just as a side note for clarity, If i use quotations at the beginning of a post, it represents a question "I" am replying too, as is the case in your example. thanks again =D) but no doubt i have much editing to do, and look forward to the communities insights in this vein. tbh I will try to organize these into better sequential format at some point, just takes a lot of energy.
Oh. Ok.

Quote:
It's no coincidence that the very thing which informs us; is the very thing which confounds us. Words

If words can both inform and confound us in equal measure (paradox); What then does this tell us about their validity for finding truth?

*The truth will never be found in words.*

Even what I say here is not true; except to myself. Which tells me perhaps, I am all this is, and all that is.

As good as a fact. Truth is a construct, an abstract noun, that can only exist experientially. As there's no experiential vocabulary it can't be put into words. (That is, aside from the mundane use of the word "truth" concerning the veracity of information passed from person/people to person/people.)

Old 01-09-2015, 01:25 PM
Ivy

Quote:
Please refer to "writings for your consideration post 1, reply 1" for my thoughts on this. It was meant to be read first to place every other following thought/writing into appropriate context.

As stated they are for your "consideration", if you comment, that is secondary.
Although I didn't feel a "need", I did feel a "desire", and usually I follow my desires when they are not destructive to me, as this is how I learn and interact with my environment. Also yes i like to hear what "other" people have to say of course. However truthfully I cannot answer the question "Is a desire a need?" so tbh maybe my answer is not 100% accurate.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's no coincidence that the very thing which informs us; is the very thing which confounds us. Words

If words can both inform and confound us in equal measure (paradox); What then does this tell us about their validity for finding truth?

*The truth will never be found in words.*

Even what I say here is not true; except to myself. Which tells me perhaps, I am all this is, and all that is.

Can you hear me, myself?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am both a philosopher and an anti-philosopher:

-I am a philosopher in the sense that I entertain notions and beliefs, and use words to think and talk about them with others and myself.

-I am an anti-philosopher in the sense that what I find makes me think the answer can never be found in words, notions, perceptions, measurements, or belief.

=If I am both, how can I be either?If I am either how can I be both?If I am neither both nor either, then what I am?

=If I don't know what I am, how can I say what is? If I cannot say what is, how can I say I am?

And yet still I continue a living paradox:
-Just like the other paradoxes I see, I cant exist and shouldn't
-Yet I do and I have expression, even though it is incomprehensible to me what it is
-Just like the paradoxes I see around me.
-I am these paradoxes? It would appear so

I would say that my comments were very much in the context of the use of words and language and how they are received.

But if it's not my consideration that you would like to hear, and it is not my writing that I have the desire to be considered, then where am I in your communication? or perhaps if you like the whole seussisms style, what is I in your communications.

I wear a silver suit,
my heart beats like a drum,
you hear the words upon my lips,
but can't see anyone,
what am I?

Lol, I dislike the style of that poem very much, it's horribly clichéd and lacks the real approach that I prefer nowadays. But for a brief moment, it was writing for consideration. And it took me some place else.

So the key to the consideration of words, in my view, is found in the relevance of the context in which they are read and where you are in your own journey... understanding what drives that desire to share them for others consideration, or what the styles you use reflect in you, and allowing that to lead you to the next page.
Old 01-09-2015, 02:26 PM
GrainOfSalt109494

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivyor
perhaps if you like the whole seussisms style, what is I in your communications.

-I truly do not know

Thank you for your input as always
Old 01-09-2015, 02:26 PM
GrainOfSalt109494

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
Oh. Ok.

As good as a fact. Truth is a construct, an abstract noun, that can only exist experientially. As there's no experiential vocabulary it can't be put into words. (That is, aside from the mundane use of the word "truth" concerning the veracity of information passed from person/people to person/people.)

I see what you mean, and yet I do not understand it