Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 25-04-2015, 10:23 PM
Lorelyen

You may as well give up communication, then. Different stuff seems to be different yous or me-s. Is there no cause and effect? Sure, stuff happens but once you place a consciousness in its reach, it becomes cause and effect. You've still have to use the object "me" whether it "is me" or "happens to me." Were I denied using the word "you" in responding, the communication wouldn't exist.

Unless solipsism proves a philosophical fact(!), one differentiates consciousness from that of others. Even then one imagines one is effecting such differentiation.

Some interesting stuff.

Old 25-04-2015, 10:27 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by luntrusreality
But the stuff you say is happening already IS "me".
So if there is no separation between what is happening and between who it is happening to it becomes useless to speak of an "I".
The stuff that seems to happen doesn't happen TO anybody sitting outside of it watching it all.
It can through choice of " how" much of "you" is in it before you become detached to watch.
Old 25-04-2015, 10:48 PM
Neville

So I take pause...

Quote:
But the stuff you say is happening already IS "me".

An acknowledgement of the I,

Quote:
So if there is no separation between what is happening and between who it is happening to it becomes useless to speak of an "I".

A denial of the I..

You are either You (a kind of an I) or alternatively (Not an I)...

Probably unrelated is that the word Individual begins with I .

Its that thing... You Know Creation ...The Universe is thought to revolve around a central point. The galaxy is thought to revolve around a central point.

We already know our Solar System revolves around the Milky Way and that the Planets of the Solar System revolve around the Sol.

The Moon of course revolves around the Earth..It is a pattern.. The ancients knew this and tried to communicate the concept through their spiral petroglyphs (found the world over) eg;

Naturally then (because it would seem to be natural based upon the evidence) You are the very central point of your existence and your life revolves around you.

It's not by any means all about you or the I as it carries on.

It is the way of things and indeed an oxymoron that was highlighted in metaphor in an old arcane religious text that said "God made Man in his own image"

The evidence suggests that being of creation we are creation in action and therefore by default creation itself rendering each of us the I am.
Old 25-04-2015, 11:11 PM
Experiencer

One perspective has someone there its happening too. The other is what is without an "I" it happens too. If it is not possible to see that...that's fine. No one can convince you otherwise as it has nothing to do with another belief.
Old 25-04-2015, 11:27 PM
Neville

Things happen irrespective of the existence of I's however without the existence of I's there'd be no one to experience them. Why is experience so necessary to events ?

To me personally. It's just another symbiotic relationship.
Old 25-04-2015, 11:56 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neville
Things happen irrespective of the existence of I's however without the existence of I's there'd be no one to experience them. Why is experience so necessary to events ?

There is experience without an "I" in identification. It's is there without the claim, "I'm having this experience". A new born looks around unaware that it is an "I"and smiles at the world.

Most only understand an experience that is completely involved with a perpetual process of labels, definitions. Their is also a corresponding dialogue to acompany the "I" believing its having its own experience. That's not it. How can anyone know an experience outside of that, unless of course there is no longer one there in identiy.
Old 26-04-2015, 12:13 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neville

Experience seems so necessary because it is not only self sustaining for the ego but confirms a deeper relationship between conceptual thought and the belief that there is an I which thinks. ALL experience is filtered by that original and anchored belief.
Old 26-04-2015, 01:55 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1wakesup
Experience seems so necessary because it is not only self sustaining for the ego but confirms a deeper relationship between conceptual thought and the belief that there is an I which thinks. ALL experience is filtered by that original and anchored belief.

We are all connected. Sometimes the way to see this is through it all.
Old 26-04-2015, 02:14 PM
"I"? What "I"? Blue peach, chair...?

Funny I have been watching Bentinho for 2 days on this...
(Ben-TEEN-Yo)

'How to make love with the Absolute'....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZgX0PL___Y Part 1, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2srY1P3QVM Part 2

If you just want to check it out and feel advanced...skip to Part 2

Loving practicing more, opening more to 'sensing', becoming conscious of...the Source
behind everything, haha...everything!
Forget the everything or the 'me'...it's all about Source, and
opening up new pathways inside my consciousness, presently inside
this little peanut brain, to the 'Source'....Brahma...whatever.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 26-04-2015, 03:39 PM
Suspended
If you lose your sense of self, and who you are. Then you are open to be controlled by others, such as in a Cult. The spiral petroglyph in the New World represents a Journey, not the solar system.