Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 08-11-2012, 01:23 AM
silent whisper

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
If you feel you need to defend your so called truth, then its not truth, its just a belief.

Yes I suspect beliefs can open us up to defend......and behind belief is often attachment and attachment is holding onto something...and in that holding is often a feeling..that keeps the attachment in place....so how we feel and how we deal with that feeling is often the link....to break free.
Old 08-11-2012, 01:25 AM
Master
In the holding on of attachment there is no room for knowing the truth, not the wide open Truth that is beyond belief.

Xan

Old 08-11-2012, 01:26 AM
silent whisper

Quote:
Originally Posted by amy green
That's interesting Buzz - never heard this before about children.

My perception is that it's only possible to feel threatened (as adults) if there's a fear of possibly losing what you have, e.g. you may see that you are being shown the flaws in your concept/truth.

Yes the fear of loss...often runs deeper than just the fear of losing our truth as we experience it now...its the fear of loss in general most often.
Old 08-11-2012, 01:32 AM
Buzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by amy green
That's interesting Buzz - never heard this before about children.

My perception is that it's only possible to feel threatened (as adults) if there's a fear of possibly losing what you have, e.g. you may see that you are being shown the flaws in your concept/truth.

Remember the old saying, never let the truth get in the way of a good story?? When we weave our concepts we tend to make the truth fit them rather than visa versa. So finding fault in someone else's truth is loke shooting fish in a barrel. If you really want to find fault, you generally will suceed. Like I could spend a day telling you what a great guy I am and cite examples. You could take the opposite POV also armed with exsmples. Who's right? Both / niether??
Yes it is fear that prompts us to staunchly defend our realities, but where is the fear based? For mine it is tied up with identification of concepts, rather than whether the concept holds water or not
The suicide rate in this country is led by men 70+. That is an obvious result of retirement. Think about how much of these guy's identity is locked up wuth their occupation. When they lose that a part of themselves dies. That is the illusion of identification, for mine.
Same rules apply with our 'truths'. If they get threatened then we risk losing a part of ourselves. I qualify this by saying that we are discussing nothing more than an ego based process here.
Old 08-11-2012, 01:34 AM
silent whisper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
If someone is a sort of one-song-girl, that song may sound in a way it isn't really sung. A lot depends on the hearing.

Xan

Most often we only hear what we want to hear or need to hear...in any moment....often in hearing we allow our own truth to intermix with the others truth and sometimes that space in the middle between truths opens up some questions...Am I listening to this person fully? And do I only acknowledge them in my response.... am I listening to the person and myself and allow my own truth to respond? Or am I listening to both and respond with both considered/accepted in my response...The art of true listening..I wonder what it entails?
Old 08-11-2012, 01:48 AM
silent whisper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz
Remember the old saying, never let the truth get in the way of a good story?? When we weave our concepts we tend to make the truth fit them rather than visa versa. So finding fault in someone else's truth is loke shooting fish in a barrel. If you really want to find fault, you generally will suceed. Like I could spend a day telling you what a great guy I am and cite examples. You could take the opposite POV also armed with exsmples. Who's right? Both / niether??
Yes it is fear that prompts us to staunchly defend our realities, but where is the fear based? For mine it is tied up with identification of concepts, rather than whether the concept holds water or not
The suicide rate in this country is led by men 70+. That is an obvious result of retirement. Think about how much of these guy's identity is locked up wuth their occupation. When they lose that a part of themselves dies. That is the illusion of identification, for mine.
Same rules apply with our 'truths'. If they get threatened then we risk losing a part of ourselves. I qualify this by saying that we are discussing nothing more than an ego based process here.

Identifcation with concepts..that is interesting Buzz. Yes once again you reveal that space of identification and loss as one...how we often tie ourselves into those spaces and the fear of losing them brings about an attachement to it all...

That whole risk of losing ourselves is also another good point. How we identify ourselves in the space of our truth and how much we fear losing our identity and truth as one. For many the fear of becoming something they cannot identify with would be quite difficult...the unknown, when all they have known is what they have created an identity out of...How does one let go into the unknown and still retain an identity of some kind? Especially when all they have ever known to be is just the *one* way of being...
Old 08-11-2012, 01:49 AM
Master

The Truth is a person, our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. He didn't defend himself at all.
Old 08-11-2012, 01:52 AM
Master
We're again talking about two different sorts of truth, sw.
There are many truths we find in this relative world... understandings and beliefs that make sense or work for us as individuals.
There is one universal Truth that is the essence being.

Relative truths may change and vary through our lifetime and may be intermixed with others views.
Absolute Truth is whole, unchanging and eternal.

If someone confuses the two in conversation there won't be much communication or understanding.

Xan

Old 08-11-2012, 01:53 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawolf
The Truth is a person, our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. He didn't defend himself at all.

No, but he did tend to repeat his message of love over and over again.

Xan

Old 08-11-2012, 01:56 AM
Buzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by silent whisper
Identifcation with concepts..that is interesting Buzz. Yes once again you reveal that space of identification and loss as one...how we often tie ourselves into those spaces and the fear of losing them brings about an attachement to it all...

That whole risk of losing ourselves is also another good point. How we identify ourselves in the space of our truth and how much we fear losing our identity and truth as one. For many the fear of becoming something they cannot identify with would be quite difficult...the unknown, when all they have known is what they have created an identity out of...How does one let go into the unknown and still retain an identity of some kind? Especially when all they have ever known to be is just the *one* way of being...

Thats the thing SW. When folks go through awakening or breakdowns the wheels fall off and idenfification to both physical and metaphysical can get sevrered. Thats why the people thar go through these upheavals end up banging about for awhile in a state of groundlessness. They simply have no truth left to attach to. Which in itself gives you a hint into the real value of personal truth!!