Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 07-11-2012, 11:52 PM
silent whisper

In defense of your truth

In defense of your truth, what are you truly defending?....yourself or your truth I wonder. Wanting others to see, wanting others to feel..... Is it acknowledgement?...Is it a need to be right? Is it simply because you value your truth, your love of sharing and your willingness to listen, learn and grow in trust and acceptance of all truth with no agenda other than to share...

In the face of others truth, we are sometimes challenged to see their truth and allow our own to just be. For some that challenge can open up their own truth in ways they just dont like feeling. Not liking the feelings they feel, they defend their truth to protect it at all costs. Yet its just the feelings they protect. The feelings that keep their truth locked into that space of defense.

Defence can be a very subtle hidden agenda intermixed with feelings that are just to painful to feel and let go of. An open heart in truth.......matters most to truth.
Old 08-11-2012, 12:02 AM
Master
If you feel you need to defend your so called truth, then its not truth, its just a belief.
Old 08-11-2012, 12:04 AM
amy green

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by silent whisper
In defense of your truth, what are you truly defending?....yourself or your truth I wonder. Wanting others to see, wanting others to feel..... Is it acknowledgement?...Is it a need to be right? Is it simply because you value your truth, your love of sharing and your willingness to listen, learn and grow in trust and acceptance of all truth with no agenda other than to share...

In the face of others truth, we are sometimes challenged to see their truth and allow our own to just be. For some that challenge can open up their own truth in ways they just dont like feeling. Not liking the feelings they feel, they defend their truth to protect it at all costs. Yet its just the feelings they protect. The feelings that keep their truth locked into that space of defense.

Defence can be a very subtle hidden agenda intermixed with feelings that are just to painful to feel and let go of. An open heart in truth.......matters most to truth.
Along with an open heart, I would also add that an open MIND/receptive would be interested in finding the truth of a situation.

There is a difference in defending someone's truth/stance and being a truth seeker (which is what I am), i.e. pursuing what resonates as being an objective truth for us all. We can believe what ever we want to believe as being the truth - direct experience and intuition can show us a clearer picture than that which can be fabricated/shaped by the mind.
Old 08-11-2012, 12:21 AM
Master

Maybe it's like when you find something you really like and want to tell everyone and show it to them. If you're really excited and they don't like it, it feels really bad. You find people that do like it and all get together for tea.
Old 08-11-2012, 12:26 AM
Buzz

I watched and learned something from children about grasping to truth / personal reality. Kids reach a certain age when environmental conditioning starts to kick in. This manifests in a very obvious manner in which they refuse to share their 'stuff' with others. Adults may miss the point with this behaviour, thinking it is a behavioiral issue and they pressure the child into sharing.
This is not my take. From the kid's POV they have started to create their own truth and reality through identification.
They identify and know themselves through their attachment to others and what surrounds them eg toys.
When someone tries to extract something that they grasp to, they react through identification to that 'thing'.
Fast track down the line and has anything really chsnged. We grasp to our concepts and truths and as soon as one is bought into question it appears to threaten our very existence through our attachment to it.
Just my own observations is all. I will try not to throw something if someone doesn't buy it!!!!
Old 08-11-2012, 12:33 AM
Mathew

G’day Silent Whisper

In defending your own truth or yourself against other people truths is actually bringing more forth than if you didn’t, in the first place, bring your truth forward, to stay quiet within your own truth is a lie & who wants to live a lie?

I will bring my truth forward & other sometimes constructively add to that truth or tell me of their truth which makes sense or not to me, if not I will argue my truth until I think I have put my whole view across & then leave it however when it’s someone else’s destructive truths I will show them up as being just destructive or dishonest in some way. This is done so other may be wary of such acts of a said person.

To spiritually grow one must tell of one’s own truth to spiritually develop, nothing wrong or incorrect with the telling of one’s own truth to grow.

Love
Mathew
Old 08-11-2012, 12:45 AM
amy green

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz
I watched and learned something from children about grasping to truth / personal reality. Kids reach a certain age when environmental conditioning starts to kick in. This manifests in a very obvious manner in which they refuse to share their 'stuff' with others. Adults may miss the point with this behaviour, thinking it is a behavioiral issue and they pressure the child into sharing.
This is not my take. From the kid's POV they have started to create their own truth and reality through identification.
They identify and know themselves through their attachment to others and what surrounds them eg toys.
When someone tries to extract something that they grasp to, they react through identification to that 'thing'.
Fast track down the line and has anything really chsnged. We grasp to our concepts and truths and as soon as one is bought into question it appears to threaten our very existence through our attachment to it.
Just my own observations is all. I will try not to throw something if someone doesn't buy it!!!!
That's interesting Buzz - never heard this before about children.

My perception is that it's only possible to feel threatened (as adults) if there's a fear of possibly losing what you have, e.g. you may see that you are being shown the flaws in your concept/truth.
Old 08-11-2012, 12:48 AM
Master
If someone is a sort of one-song-girl, that song may sound in a way it isn't really sung. A lot depends on the hearing.

Xan

Old 08-11-2012, 01:19 AM
Buzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
If someone is a sort of one-song-girl, that song may sound in a way it isn't really sung. A lot depends on the hearing.

Xan
I reckon that just as sound requires a relationship between vibration and a diaphram, communication requires a relationship between speaker and listener. If one doesn't take into account the other it is simply lip service.
Old 08-11-2012, 01:19 AM
silent whisper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz

Yes Buzz..attachment to it..I think you hit the nail on the head in that space..