Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 06-08-2011, 07:09 PM
3dnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium_Laura
It was an analogy.. we are not cars... ugh.. I give up.

Mine also an analogy Laura, to say that we don't always have free will (I actually don't know if I ever had )

3dnow
Old 06-08-2011, 07:57 PM
Master
i give up too. by the time i get done with "we are not our bodies". "we are not our minds", "we are not our egos.", "we are not our experiences.", "we are not our selves." "reality is an illusion." i'm wondering what there is to talk about. i guess we're nothing talking to nothing about nothing.

lol "spirituality" is depressing as hell.
Old 06-08-2011, 08:10 PM
Docha

**** ...can you imagine nothing?

I almost can but then it turns to something
Old 07-08-2011, 02:00 AM
moke64916

Awareness, present moment.
Old 07-08-2011, 03:37 AM
Docha

Ahh moke the present is all well and fine but tell me what do you do when the present, presents the future or even the past?

Sometimes only focusing on the present isn't the best approach..
Old 07-08-2011, 06:39 AM
3dnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Internal Queries
i give up too. by the time i get done with "we are not our bodies". "we are not our minds", "we are not our egos.", "we are not our experiences.", "we are not our selves." "reality is an illusion." i'm wondering what there is to talk about. i guess we're nothing talking to nothing about nothing.

lol "spirituality" is depressing as hell.

I am personally happy with it, but it is difficult for sure.

3dnow
Old 07-08-2011, 06:55 AM
moke64916

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docha
Ahh moke the present is all well and fine but tell me what do you do when the present, presents the future or even the past?

Sometimes only focusing on the present isn't the best approach..
No present is not the future and the past. Personally I don't think of future and past. I stay in the moment fully. That's where enlightenment happened for me. And awareness. I did that by observing thoughts.
Old 07-08-2011, 07:45 AM
astarxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by moke64916
No present is not the future and the past. Personally I don't think of future and past. I stay in the moment fully. That's where enlightenment happened for me. And awareness. I did that by observing thoughts.

i agree... for me too... just accepting nowness in full... and that there's indeed nothing else real...

each human has his/her own perception of the world, therefore 7 billion perceptions... which one is real?... none. present is all we have and it is as it is. it's our perception that makes it this way or another... painful or not.

be well.
Old 07-08-2011, 09:03 AM
3dnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by astarxy
i agree... for me too... just accepting nowness in full... and that there's indeed nothing else real...

each human has his/her own perception of the world, therefore 7 billion perceptions... which one is real?... none. present is all we have and it is as it is. it's our perception that makes it this way or another... painful or not.

be well.

Common sense is also very disputable.

Example:

When we are offended, we get angry because common sense says that it is for our defense. Some even say this is our animal side (evolution).

Is this real?

3dnow
Old 07-08-2011, 09:50 AM
astarxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dnow
Common sense is also very disputable.

Example:

When we are offended, we get angry because common sense says that it is for our defense. Some even say this is our animal side (evolution).

Is this real?

3dnow

being offended means you've take in too far personally... it's not. never.