Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 05-08-2011, 12:30 PM
Master
I believe you can if you get back into your mind state....I'm not good at explaining things, but from what I've read and own experiences... I'm a long way off to being 'enlightened', but I've experienced things when I stop listening to my mind, hearing the mind chatter which is hard to stop. The analyzing and re-analyzing of things, letting skepticism take hold even when I know my own experience to be true...letting emotions get in the way. It's easy for me, at the place I am at still, to 'suffer'. Obviously, I'm just on the tip of my journey. Seems I've been here forever, but yet I know I'm moving forward, even if ever so slowly and with setback.
Old 05-08-2011, 12:38 PM
moke64916

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serrao
Do you think it's possible to return to suffering after enlightenment?
Yes, if one become unconscious with thoughts, words, and actions.
Old 05-08-2011, 12:52 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serrao
Do you think it's possible to return to suffering after enlightenment?

Assuming there is such a thing as enlightenment are you asking if after such an event would one not be affected by reality?
Death of a loved one, sickness, the physical limitations of getting older, etc?

If so, why would one want such a thing Serrao?

I say, be true to yourself, if there is suffering, then suffer with it. If there is joy, then be joyful.
Don't listen to what others say they experience and expect that you will expereince the same.
The danger of that is that enlightenment is only a figment of their imagination and if so, you will be caught up in their imagination instead of being real.
Blessings, James
Old 05-08-2011, 01:06 PM
Master
what kind of suffering does being "enlightened" vanish or avoid? i'm asking because i'm not "enlightened" and so i take it for granted that being a human manifesting physically on planet Earth entails some discomfort. i mean, Jesus was "enlightened" and he sure didn't get free of suffering while he was acting as human. (if you put any credence in his story story anyway.)
Old 05-08-2011, 01:21 PM
Master
After enlightenment almost hints at something which occurs, and is then 'finished' with ... if we continue to experience suffering have we actually experienced enlightenment, which is commonly thought to be 'all encompassing'?
Old 05-08-2011, 01:23 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Internal Queries
what kind of suffering does being "enlightened" vanish or avoid? i'm asking because i'm not "enlightened" and so i take it for granted that being a human manifesting physically on planet Earth entails some discomfort. i mean, Jesus was "enlightened" and he sure didn't get free of suffering while he was acting as human. (if you put any credence in his story story anyway.)

I was esentially asking the same thing IQ. I can tell you that the answer you might get from many is "the choice to not see suffering as suffering is the end of suffering"

I've heard it before and even if it works, it just isn't how I would want to live my life.

James
Old 05-08-2011, 01:31 PM
Master
I would like an end to it (suffering), but while some forms of suffering can't be helped, but I realize that so often that I can be my own worst enemy with thoughts that nag and drag me down. It can be like a daily beating, if I can get that **** to stop, that would be great.
Old 05-08-2011, 01:32 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteShaman
I was esentially asking the same thing IQ. I can tell you that the answer you might get from many is "the choice to not see suffering as suffering is the end of suffering"

I've heard it before and even if it works, it just isn't how I would want to live my life.

James

ah! so "enlightenment" is a "pain into pleasure" endeavor? that's almost kinky. lol
Old 05-08-2011, 01:48 PM
astarxy

the hardcore suffering usually leads us to awakening, and when you're there, when you walked that road, you're never experiencing that again... because you go straight forward...

the ecstasy of awakening's freedom, our natural state, is just too strong...
if you return backwards, then you haven't been awakening...

or at least that's what i think.

be well ;)
Old 05-08-2011, 02:33 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarian
I would like an end to it (suffering), but while some forms of suffering can't be helped, but I realize that so often that I can be my own worst enemy with thoughts that nag and drag me down. It can be like a daily beating, if I can get that **** to stop, that would be great.

You can Sarian. And you do so by embracing it and recognizing it as it arises and growing from it (seeing its source). In fact I can recall even inviting the oppportunity to suffer a particular suffering just so that I could practice observing it as opposed to being engulfed by it. It worked!
We can also simply accept at times that its ok to suffer as in in the death of a loved one.
This all, however, has nothing to do with enlightenment or any such word.
It has to do with life and in many cases our subconscious.
James