Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 18-07-2016, 02:30 PM
Master
Self-expression

Self expression-

It’s funny these days how the term ‘self-expression’ has found new meaning for me. As an artist and more importantly, as an expression of the divine, coming to realize that I am the divine expression itself as ‘me’ has opened up a beautiful freedom to really be myself. I’m excited to see this expression flower and I am amazed at how my own ignorance kept this freedom of expression locked up behind a lack of knowledge of the ego and life and spirituality.

Being myself was seen as something to overcome, ego. Loving life and seeing her expressions as my feelings and likes and everything about me was seen as something to put aside in hopes of uncovering something more spiritual about myself. Spirituality was me becoming something other than what I was and life, the mind, the body, was something trying to lure me away from it.

Now spirituality is the divine as me becoming a unique expression called me and life is its lover, its power, its expression medium. ‘My’ lover, ‘my’ power, ‘my medium’

I am so grateful and so excited…. to not only witness this self-expression develop but to also be it.

Thanks for listening
Old 18-07-2016, 09:03 PM
Suspended
Thank you for sharing.

I see your insight as a major revelation. After all, who Created you but The Creator? And what purpose has S/He but to see It's Creation Manifest in all It's Potential?

The Divine is your Source. Being is your Status. Spirit is your Essence. Expression is the Manifestation of what you Are. Amen.
Old 18-07-2016, 09:17 PM
Pathfinder

Yes, there are many people who pretend to be spiritual and tell you that your body and your needs and even your desires are all 'evil', or whatever pretentious word that they have for it.
You can always identity someone who is actually awakened from the pretenders by the fact that they do not attempt to deny who they really are but instead embrace these things to realize themselves.

I would personally try to stay away from calling any of this 'divine', though. That may be another presumption you don't want to take on from the ways of others in case that is where you've gotten the term from. Divinity is traditionally withheld as a term for what is higher than Self, in which it seems in this case you are conflating it with Self. Might be something you want to look at next, I don't know.
Old 18-07-2016, 11:41 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Touched
Thank you for sharing.

I see your insight as a major revelation. After all, who Created you but The Creator? And what purpose has S/He but to see It's Creation Manifest in all It's Potential?

The Divine is your Source. Being is your Status. Spirit is your Essence. Expression is the Manifestation of what you Are. Amen.

Thanks for listening and thanks for hearing me...
Old 18-07-2016, 11:44 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmNemo
Yes, there are many people who pretend to be spiritual and tell you that your body and your needs and even your desires are all 'evil', or whatever pretentious word that they have for it.
You can always identity someone who is actually awakened from the pretenders by the fact that they do not attempt to deny who they really are but instead embrace these things to realize themselves.

I would personally try to stay away from calling any of this 'divine', though. That may be another presumption you don't want to take on from the ways of others in case that is where you've gotten the term from. Divinity is traditionally withheld as a term for what is higher than Self, in which it seems in this case you are conflating it with Self. Might be something you want to look at next, I don't know.
Yes but even in denial lies the divine. It's all the divine, unique in its creations as its creations. Still, I'll hear you and I thank you.
Old 18-07-2016, 11:54 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Self
Self expression-

It’s funny these days how the term ‘self-expression’ has found new meaning for me. As an artist and more importantly, as an expression of the divine, coming to realize that I am the divine expression itself as ‘me’ has opened up a beautiful freedom to really be myself. I’m excited to see this expression flower and I am amazed at how my own ignorance kept this freedom of expression locked up behind a lack of knowledge of the ego and life and spirituality.

Being myself was seen as something to overcome, ego. Loving life and seeing her expressions as my feelings and likes and everything about me was seen as something to put aside in hopes of uncovering something more spiritual about myself. Spirituality was me becoming something other than what I was and life, the mind, the body, was something trying to lure me away from it.

Now spirituality is the divine as me becoming a unique expression called me and life is its lover, its power, its expression medium. ‘My’ lover, ‘my’ power, ‘my medium’

I am so grateful and so excited…. to not only witness this self-expression develop but to also be it.

Thanks for listening

In my reflection, I suppose I could say I see, I am simply the artist creating all this that I am being in the expression of who I am in every way I am and choose to create.

We are always being ourselves as we know ourselves to be through the *nature* of change and awareness of being a complete creation continuously becoming aware of more in us that wants to be expressed.

We are artists expressing what we create, understand and come to know in feeling and being in us in everyway we create, because we are part of creation and the creative nature of life as one. :)

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 18-07-2016, 11:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Yes but even in denial lies the divine. It's all the divine, unique in its creations as its creations. Still, I'll hear you and I thank you.

What is this word divine?

Why do you use this as part of your self expression?

What does this really mean in you?

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 19-07-2016, 12:18 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesflow
In my reflection, I suppose I could say I see, I am simply the artist creating all this that I am being in the expression of who I am in every way I am and choose to create.

We are always being ourselves as we know ourselves to be through the *nature* of change and awareness of being a complete creation continuously becoming aware of more in us that wants to be expressed.

We are artists expressing what we create, understand and come to know in feeling and being in us in everyway we create, because we are part of creation and the creative nature of life as one. :)
thank you for sharing.
Old 19-07-2016, 12:25 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesflow
What is this word divine?

Why do you use this as part of your self expression?

What does this really mean in you?
The divine is what is expressing and the expression is the divine. All is the divine, when I use the word it is a word to express all that is. It just a word but for me it suggests a holiness and reverence.
Old 19-07-2016, 01:03 AM
Master
Quote:
The divine is what is expressing and the expression is the divine. All is the divine, when I use the word it is a word to express all that is. It just a word but for me it suggests a holiness and reverence.

Ok. Is killing another life/taking another life in bitterness and resentment or rage a divine aspect of life?