Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Closed Thread

Old 21-02-2012, 06:35 AM
3dnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
3d... These days you seem very involved with declaring other people's words Not Love, but of course what others do is never really the point.

No frankly I am not very involved with that.

and I can question Buddha if I want. There is clearly an error in his poem. It is not a constructive one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
How are You feeling love within yourself and letting it flow... right now?

This goes for all of us.

Xan

Is it really that hard to see Xan? You cannot force someone to love or teach them love.

Each time you say "of course not" but you keep doing it.

We can talk about our experience and people try it "if they want".

3d
Old 21-02-2012, 01:24 PM
Mountain-Goat

Didn't see we're up to page 9, i was commenting on somethin on page 2..i chose to let it go..
Old 21-02-2012, 01:49 PM
Humm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
It's a dilema where one makes a great big issue out of love, then some deem themselves the authority on it, and as the duality is made into those who do and those who don't know, the original farce becomes a debarkle.

Added to this are the stories invented about one another's psychological conditions, which in a forum setting with no insight to eachother's past or current predicament, is itself mere judgement, which exaserbates the situation further.

Naturally, as in any group of humans, one particular person emerges as the leader... or central to the group rather, and because the setting is so peculiar, becomes the most loving of all.

Soon, those who actually are in authority and oversee the forum discussions recognize what began as a mission based on highly held ideals of Godly order, has degenerated into a semblance of warfare, as these things are wont to do, and close the thread for the sake of the greater good.
So true Gem - and in forums, as in warfare, the bigger ******* always wins.

That is the way of the Material.

But anyway, I am quite satisfied I got an answer to my question. Why is crapping on the Love threads so prevalent? Obviously, because it is supported - even encouraged. It is the way it is because people - enough people - want it that way.

A rational enough reason, as reasons go. Thank you all again for putting up with my clumsy inquiries.
Old 21-02-2012, 02:16 PM
Experiencer
Let love flow
Amen
Let your love flow
I've always loved The Bellamy Brothers Let Your Love Flow
There's another song, well there are many songs in the same vein,
but the one that came to mind for me was Every Kinda People by Robert Palmer
Here are some of the lyrics

You know that love's the only goal
That could bring a peace to any soul
Hey, and every man's the same
He wants the sunshine in his name

Ooh, it takes every kind of people...
Old 21-02-2012, 02:22 PM
Mountain-Goat

Up to speed now, just read the whole thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
I certainly hope this thread is not going to continue in another analysis of someone's personality, and petty bickering.
You mean stuff like these...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
Talk about off topic and non-helpful, Humm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
Humm asked something like, why do people get so defensive and start picking at each other on threads about love.

My answer is because even the idea of love brings up our memories of past hurt and loss with those we loved, from childhood on, and the fear we still carry from that.

Accusing each other of not loving is not love, but a distraction from looking into ourselves to the core of the matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
Possibly you are wiser than you look to me now, Humm, but from the threads I've observed that have gone in this direction I haven't seen maturing but quite the opposite.
I'm wondering if you got this approach from group therapy, where it might actually be useful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
Humm... As I see it, when you ask questions of a person there's a possibility for increasing self-reflection and understanding. When you ask questions about another person and why they do what they do the method is group therapy-ish and not quite appropriate.

This is what Humm said...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humm
Why do people have a negative reaction to Love - to people who try to Love, who try to express Love, who try to spread Love??

This is the current forum conundrum, for there are those posters - and you know who you are - who actively work against those people trying to make the world a little bit better place.

Love is opening, nurturing, enlightening, creative, empowering, unifying - and so much more.

Could it be they fear Love so much because they fear where it tries to lead them - what they must give up to go there?
Perhaps Humm, the people on your list don't have negative reactions to Love.
They simply express their objection to the theory that, everything is love.
They are not against love, just the theory that love is everything.
And because they do not agree with your theory, out comes stuff like post 37, to which SG in post 40 expresses theories and enquiries why you do.

I have a theory.

You and others believe so strongly that love is everything, that you think this is absolutely true,
so that when another disagrees, you don't think they are merely having a different belief\opinion, you think they are against love.
Old 21-02-2012, 02:32 PM
Humm

Get off it AC.

Xan and I have an understanding which you obviously have no clue about.

As to the rest, you are entitled to your opinion.
Closed Thread