Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 19-05-2014, 08:34 AM
Pathfinder
Book1 lucid dream, astral projection or both?!

I have a lucid dream almost every night. I was just talking to a friend about them and told her I frequently have dreams in 3rd person pov... where I am either looking at myself doing something or other times watching someone else do something and I am just floating there observing. She told me that I may have been astral projecting and I did not even realize. I frequently have dreams where I can just think of something and have it pop into my hand or turn someone into something else.

Also I am wondering this because in about 98% of my lucid dreams I have a certain past loved one who is in them. I am wondering if he is having them too... if we are somehow meeting in the astral realm. Id ask but we had a sort of falling out and are both in new relationships. Its driving me a bit crazy because not one lucid dream goes by without him in it. We have had conversations of what we are doing now in our lives.. and even asked eachother if we were astral projecting or if it is just in our heads.

Just a few thoughts circling in this head of mine ^_^
Old 19-05-2014, 10:19 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephaniejadeluna
I have a lucid dream almost every night. I was just talking to a friend about them and told her I frequently have dreams in 3rd person pov... where I am either looking at myself doing something or other times watching someone else do something and I am just floating there observing. She told me that I may have been astral projecting and I did not even realize. I frequently have dreams where I can just think of something and have it pop into my hand or turn someone into something else.

Also I am wondering this because in about 98% of my lucid dreams I have a certain past loved one who is in them. I am wondering if he is having them too... if we are somehow meeting in the astral realm. Id ask but we had a sort of falling out and are both in new relationships. Its driving me a bit crazy because not one lucid dream goes by without him in it. We have had conversations of what we are doing now in our lives.. and even asked eachother if we were astral projecting or if it is just in our heads.

Just a few thoughts circling in this head of mine ^_^
Astral projection and dreaming especially lucid dreaming are practically the same thing so either way you're astral projecting regardless of what terminology a person uses and/or what they consider a projection or lucid dream. Astral projection is not as simple as some people believe it to be in regards that we always project into one singular astral body and that body lays dormant and inactive until we dream or project in it. It's quite the opposite and we can dream and/or project in many different bodies which live in many different realms, dimensions, and worlds and those bodies are living bodies that already have other extensions of our consciousness living in them. When we dream and/or project in them we essentially override that previous extension of consciousness and take over that specific body until the dream or projection ends.

I also have many dreams and projections where I see the image of people whom I have physical relationships with in the physical dimension. But I have come to realize and understand that it is rarely if ever that actual physical person. The logistics involved for two living Human-beings to dream and/or project in the same relative zone at the same time make it extremely unlikely for that to be what is actually going on. What I have found is that usually it's one of two reasons that we're seeing the image of a physical person both of those reasons involve some level of an illusion. For example what I have come to understand as one of my spiritual mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, etc. almost always appear to me in my dreams and projections as my equivalent in the physical realm. Meaning that the spiritual father I have met dozens of times almost always appears in the image of my physical father. I have even told him I know it is just an illusion and is not necessary and asked him why he persists in doing so. He told me something along the lines of in non-lucid dreams it keeps things natural and I treat him accordingly as to how I would treat my father and so forth. So basically it is an illusion used for us to come to the understanding that they are related to us or to another extension of us in some way and so that we treat them accordingly.

The other reason that we experience these illusions is not so harmless unfortunately and darker entities take the image of people we know and are comfortable with to sort of lure us in and make us open up to them. The kicker is that usually they will morph and attempt to scare us after luring us into a certain depth and making us feel safe. So if that hasn't happened at all in your dreams then I would personally side with it being the first option and not the second. Also you mentioned that you think about something and it appears in your hand. That is the basic principles of manifestation in these realms. You think about an object and it manifests and you are undoubtedly doing exactly that.
Old 20-05-2014, 09:26 AM
Knower
It sounds to me like lucid dreaming hun, though not that different from astral projection...I distinguish between the 2 as lucid dreaming happens during sleep when you dream and become aware, to call an experience true astral projection you need to be conciously awake...thats how I interpret the 2 anyway though alot of people claim to AP during sleep this is not the case. The dream world is different from the astral plane, though maybe possible to enter the dream world via an Ap experience its probably due to falling asleep while in AP mode⭐❤⭐
Old 20-05-2014, 10:18 AM
Master

I agree with Electric Dreams.
Old 20-05-2014, 11:30 AM
Knower
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by astralsuzy
I agree with Electric Dreams.

Thankyou hun...I was waiting to be pounced on for that post lol⭐❤⭐
Old 20-05-2014, 08:54 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric_Dreams
Thankyou hun...I was waiting to be pounced on for that post lol⭐❤⭐
No one should pounce on anyone. We should accept each other's views. There is no wrong or right as ap cannot be proven. The forum is great as we can get ideas and learn from other people. We do not have to agree with it but we should respect peoples opinions.
Old 21-05-2014, 05:29 AM
Master
Quote:
It sounds to me like lucid dreaming hun, though not that different from astral projection...I distinguish between the 2 as lucid dreaming happens during sleep when you dream and become aware, to call an experience true astral projection you need to be conciously awake...thats how I interpret the 2 anyway though alot of people claim to AP during sleep this is not the case. The dream world is different from the astral plane, though maybe possible to enter the dream world via an Ap experience its probably due to falling asleep while in AP mode⭐❤⭐
I pretty much agree although the only difference I recognize between astral projection and lucid dreaming is the moment/timing in which we enter a state of conscious thought and awareness. During lucid dreaming it usually happens after our consciousness has shifted from our physical body into our astral body and our astral body has automatically traveled into the section of the astral planes which we will inevitably end up dreaming in. Typically during astral projections we are in a conscious state of thought and awareness up until our consciousness shifts from our physical body into our astral body and then we have a brief moment of unconsciousness/unawareness and once that shift occurs we are jolted back into a conscious state of thought and awareness and the projection has begun. Whatever comes after that isn't really as important in this explanation because we're in a conscious state of thought.

But it doesn't have to always be that way in both instances. I have had lucid dreams (or what would be considered projections by most) where I have entered a conscious state of thought and awareness right after that shift in consciousness happened and I was able to witness and experience my astral body flying into the section of the planes I was going to dream in on autopilot and completely automatically. This is what has allowed me to see that the differences between dreaming and projecting are so small and quite insignificant in most cases. Also after having thousands of lucid dreams and projections I have been lucky enough to remain conscious while that shift in consciousness happens and experience what happens and it is exactly the same for both dreams and projections which also confirmed to me they are basically the same thing since they occur in the same dimension, same bodies, and the same process occurs when we dream and project mostly the only difference is what we're aware of and when we become aware.
Old 21-05-2014, 09:48 AM
Knower
Hi Astral. For me it seems clear that if I observe the shift in confidence I'm experiencing AP as you must by definition be asleep or unaware to dream.
Of course this just my opinion but I'm sure I am experiencing AP when I'm aware of the shift in conciousness wether its natural or induced it is definately AP...I find lucid dreaming to be a much different experience all together which only occurs after I fall asleep...I do not get thefeeling of leaving my body during a lucid dream also as a dream wether lucid or not happens inside the mind completely....AP happens when consciousness shifts outside the body✌
Old 22-05-2014, 03:06 AM
Master
Quote:
Hi Astral. For me it seems clear that if I observe the shift in confidence I'm experiencing AP as you must by definition be asleep or unaware to dream.
Of course this just my opinion but I'm sure I am experiencing AP when I'm aware of the shift in conciousness wether its natural or induced it is definately AP...I find lucid dreaming to be a much different experience all together which only occurs after I fall asleep...I do not get thefeeling of leaving my body during a lucid dream also as a dream wether lucid or not happens inside the mind completely....AP happens when consciousness shifts outside the body✌
I understand what you're saying but honestly our physical body is in the exact same state during dreams and projections, a state that would be considered "sleeping." The only difference is that a dream begins with our body sleeping and a projection leads to our body sleeping. You also mentioned that you don't experience the feelings of "leaving your body" during dreams. I can confirm that you definitely can experience those same sensations through dreaming if you turn the dream lucid during the beginning stages of a dream or can at least remember that stage. The feelings of leaving our body are one of two things which are either a symptomatic illusion created by the belief that one must leave their body before a projection begins or it is energetic magnetism.

With that said the reason that people usually experience energetic magnetism in astral projections and not dreams is because projections for a lot of people will begin in the RTZ and dreams will begin already in the astral planes. The RTZ is where most people will encounter energetic magnetism but it certainly isn't always the case. People can experience energetic magnetism inside of the astral planes and/or they can turn a dream lucid while they are still in the RTZ and haven't traveled into the astral planes in which case they would be more likely to experience the energetic magnetism which gives off the illusion of leaving a body. Since the astral body and physical body exist in completely different dimensions it's not possible for one of them to leave another because they are not inside of each other to begin with. Before I realized this I used to manifest energetic magnetism every time I began a projection and sometimes when I turned a dream lucid still in the RTZ. But now that I have realized it is merely an illusion and confirmed it several times over to myself I rarely experience energetic magnetism only having to dealing with it once in a blue moon which essentially leads to longer projections since I'm not having to "break free" before I can go and enjoy the projection.
Old 22-05-2014, 10:16 AM
Knower
I get where you're coming from Astral...but if I may offer an alternative interpretation of the difference between the 2.
Astral projection is lead by the concious mind drawing in the abilities of the subconcious, whereas lucid dreaming is started by the subconcious and draws your concioys awareness into it???

How does that fit? As there has to be a way if defining the two separate acts as nomatter how similar the experience to an individual the "mechanics" if you will must be different in some way to be recongnised as different acts. Otherwise you may as well say all AP is LD, or all LD is AP, which is clearly not so.

Much respect❤