Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 16-02-2024, 04:40 PM
Master
A Quiet Mind

Thoughts control emotions. I feel it is important for each person to know how they think and what do they often think about. Thoughts are things, energy which we consciously or unconsciously form into words and pictures. An how we feel can also influence how we think.

Thoughts consist of memories and desires, memories are about the past while desires are about the future. Imagination are also thoughts which can be about the past or future. Thoughts and images in our head are how we create situations and circumstances in our physical life.

My life is incredibly beautiful, soft, inspiring, and sweet, when I remain totally quiet inside for long periods of time. Everything in my life falls into place when I bathe in my own inner spiritual being. Yes, I do think and use my mind, but only when I feel I need to. Our thoughts and imagination are tools that we should use and not let them use us.

I do not let my mind run on auto pilot; lots of people who do meditation wonder why they have trouble quieting their mind; if we let our mind run on auto pilot daily it is going to be difficult to quiet our mind when we want to meditate. A newborn baby, indeed most infants, do not think. They may have pictures formed in their mind but they will not have words until they learn a verbal language.

Children think in the language which they have learned from parents or others. A multi-language person primarily often thinks in the language they learned growing up even though they may know many other languages. Babies are happy because they are mostly quiet inside; this may also apply to some young children as well. There is a natural silence within us which we leave as we grow into adults.

Parents are often excited about their child’s first words, but things are not the words which we call them. It is my opinion that we must become as a child once again, embracing the inner silence and love which was with us in our mother’s womb, has always been with us, and is still with us now. That silence begins when we quiet our head, and the more we quiet our head the more that silence will reveal its fullness to us.

Silence is always with us; to experience it all we have to do is remove the noise. Don’t let your head rob you of the incredible life we can live here on Earth guided from the depths of our heart. Silence speaks, stillness speaks, We have many gifts which have always been with us, many which most have yet to discover, many which I am just now discovering.
Old 16-02-2024, 05:14 PM
Guide
Thanks Starman. Let's not forget that mind is quiet by self-loving the ego. Ego wants to control because it cannot trust God. That is very normal. As we trust God, thoughts fade away.
Old 16-02-2024, 06:11 PM
Master
In my opinion “ego” is just a word, a label which we use to codify “I,” or “me.” Ego only exists when we objectify ourselves. When we look at our reflection we come up with terms like “I,” “me,” and “ego.” In my opinion, there is really no such thing as ego. Bathing in the beautiful comfort of inner silence and a very quiet mind, there is no ego, no I, and no me. This is my experience.
Old 16-02-2024, 06:30 PM
Master
We want to look at reality and interpret what we are experiencing; this is what thoughts are all about, but as long as we are objectifying ourselves and what we see or experience, we may be restricting ourselves to codifications. Putting different words on our objectifications. In my experience everything is one; everything is the same thing at its core, only wearing a different mask. We can get into wearing the mask, which is on the surface, or we can go deeper and embrace the oneness to be found within us. There is no good or bad, there is only suffering or joy, and in my opinion, we do have a choice, though it may not seem like it when we are suffering.
Old 16-02-2024, 07:44 PM
Administrator
Very much agree with post 3 Starman

Namaste
Old 17-02-2024, 03:13 AM
Master
A great topic, Starman.

Undoubtedly, silence is where we abide, interrupted by thought chatter. As a healing mechanism, we drift into sleep, where body rests but thoughts continue, conjuring dream images, then thoughts too cease and we enter deep sleep, subjective awareness, which we know nothing about when we re-emerge, waking up, back to subject-object realm.

If we look at thought as an object not owned by us, an external object, just like a tree outside, the breeze, a bird flying by, there is no attachment to that thought, which arises, so it automatically subsides. Continuously witnessing the rising and subsiding of thoughts, we may trace its origin to our heart, where the aspect-clinging is at play, owing to identification of presence with form, with this body-mind.

Who are we minus this body, who else but formless awareness? Poised as such, attention animated, a quiescent heart and mindful eye conjoined, enlivens the already present all-pervading silence with its unique, agendaless, spontaneous imprint.
Old 17-02-2024, 04:25 AM
Master
Very insightful Unseeking Seeker .

All experiences are beyond words, we put words on experiences as a way of understanding them with our mind. Words are an interpretations of experience. Experience is to make contact with something and we often give that something a name to put a handle on it.

The more we elaborate on something the farther away from that something we may get. We get to a point to where we are not talking about that thing anymore, rather all we are talking about our explanation, interpretation, or elaboration, of that thing.

Life is extremely simple, it is only complicated in our mind. Too many people are led around by their mind and what they think. I was on that path for a long time myself; but today intuition is my guide and I prefer intuition, although occasionally I still use logic and reasoning. Though I do question my own thoughts and never question intuition.

Distinguishing intuition from emotions is a challenge for many.