Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 20-07-2011, 07:13 AM
AmethystDawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
AD - slight improvement. I changed the World Tree to [3] The Lady/Goddess/Mother Earth. Full thing in Tarot School

OK norseman, I already charged the cards using the World Tree print out.

I left the cards out of the box and a while later someone in the house at the time saw the cards and asked if they could 'have a go with them' which I was unprepared for but nevertheless thought why not. The cards the 'sitter' drew were very accurate
Old 20-07-2011, 07:22 AM
AmethystDawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by green
personally i don't unless there was some kind of bad energy.

but you can allways imagine white light/energy washing your cards as if rain drops. energy clean.

hope this help. but you can look around here and around the divination treads, i remember people talking about this topic, you might find some other good ideas there.

G

Thanks, Green, I like that idea

It was curiosity more than anything. As a beginner I come across lots of of dos and don'ts from various sources; for instance, tapping the deck 3 times to clear it/ keeping a separate deck for your own use/ using intuition over traditional card meanings etc which can all get a bit confusing when you're trying to find your way
Old 25-07-2011, 05:40 PM
Master
Bumpety, bump
Old 30-07-2011, 07:13 PM
arive nan

http://taroteca.multiply.com/

Warning: may be habit forming
Old 30-07-2011, 09:32 PM
green

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmethystDawn
Thanks, Green, I like that idea

It was curiosity more than anything. As a beginner I come across lots of of dos and don'ts from various sources; for instance, tapping the deck 3 times to clear it/ keeping a separate deck for your own use/ using intuition over traditional card meanings etc which can all get a bit confusing when you're trying to find your way

hi AD
ask yourself what is right for you. allways when you hear a suggestion and especially if someone tells you something like: "you must do that or don't do that" ask yourself is this acceptable by myself? how do i feel about it? yes intuition is my key word, but one of my best student was a someone who memorized a tarot book by heart and the readings he gives are great. this is his way what is right for him. you start your way, don't form solid ideas, try things, explore, and take what feels right for you. i may advice not to mass around dark forces and stuff like that, but if you are into such stuff then go a head, but just to try this for fun, i would put a limit there :)
and the most important thing is NOT TO BE AFRAID !!! especially when someone is trying to intimidating you and using threats.

Good luck.
G
Old 10-08-2011, 10:22 AM
Master
Bump, zip ! Whoosh !
Old 27-08-2011, 07:03 PM
Master
Bumpity, bumpity
Old 02-09-2011, 10:25 AM
Sharnie

Hello I have been reading tarot for over 20 years. I learnt on the cross so for me thats my read; I cant ''do'' simple shorter reads.

Dont have a lot to add for newbies except this.... I feel two packs are good. one for you and only you to handle and one for others to handle. The one that is only yours is never to be touched by others and it is to be special. Your own special cards are to be used only either for yourself or for readings that are remotely given and over the years they become very powerful and very imbued with your own energy (hence not great to use for others.) My on special pack is 20 years old and very faded an dog eared and I would never dream of using them for anyone but me. loads of people say you should never read for yourself but its good practice (and fairly unpractical to say you wont do it.) just do it with a special deck thats all that others dont get and it will become very true and special for you; but never use it EVER for anyone else xxx
Old 05-09-2011, 09:53 AM
green

hi Sharnie

thank you for your insights and sharing your knowledge with us all here, this is very kind of you. a
i just would like to add one thing: sometimes something that works for one person not necessarily works for someone else. i believe people should try and explore different ways and approaches to and with their cards, but at the end of the day everyone should do whatever feels right for them. some don't like to work with more then one deck, some don't mind others to touch their cards while there are tarot readers that can't stand anyone touching their cards. and because there are a lot of beginners in tarot that read this tread i think it is important to note that there are no rules but to do whatever feels right to you.
i hope you don't mine

else, i agree with you totally, one should try reading to oneself as it is a good practice -sometimes you get it and sometimes not, but for myself i find it an eye opener practice every time.
and like you i have different decks for different practices :)
but each one should follow his or her heart.

G
Old 05-09-2011, 03:31 PM
Neville

The Tower Card often depicts an ancient and crumbling edifice.

Sounds a lot like me first thing in the morning. So it's not always a negative card. It is all to easy to summise that the world is falling apart around the querent when this card shows up, but it might also be seen as a clearing of the decks in many cases. when old and often decayed situations are swept away. The fact that the building is often depicted as ancient is an indicator that whatever the situation was it was most likely past its sell by date anyway and just needed a little push to collapse in on it self.

The Tower Card gets a lot of bad press, but really it's influence is that of , albeit a sudden. clearing out of the old and useless, leaving a blank canvas on which to start afresh..

I have no idea what inspired that , but some of you should know , just incase the Tower card fills you with dread and foreboding.