Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 05-09-2011, 04:26 PM
green

hi neville,

i agree the tower card is not a bad card, but sometimes people do not wish to let go of some old things that is out of date, change can be a hard thing to accept, and so on, so emotionally it sometimes seen as bad - it can be painful and stressing, so the question is what is your attitude and how you accept change.

G
Old 08-09-2011, 12:09 PM
Master
My cards [Sacred Circle ] are over-sized and, to me, impossible to shuffle. Anyone else come across this and how did you solve it ?

Something running around my skull is a tarot where the images are engraved/printed on plastic balls. You would then draw them out of a bag. I suppose they could be tablets like runes.
Old 27-09-2011, 07:47 AM
Master
oops-a-daisy !
Old 16-10-2011, 07:57 AM
Master
bump ! Back to the top
Old 16-10-2011, 10:32 AM
Experiencer

So there is no limit to spread sizes?

Also I've been reading the cards as past, present and future. I know I was advised not to read them this way in my thread but to read them intuitively.
Old 16-10-2011, 10:37 AM
Master
Colhad, I have seen one [never tried it] that uses 17 called the Web spread and the Romany spread 21.
Old 16-10-2011, 10:40 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colhad75
So there is no limit to spread sizes?

Also I've been reading the cards as past, present and future. I know I was advised not to read them this way in my thread but to read them intuitively.

Read the cards the way that makes instinctive sense to you
Old 16-10-2011, 12:22 PM
Blooms Bright

This is a fantastic thread! Just reading your posts has encouraged me to explore developing my own ritual when preparing for a reading. It also made me become conscious of how I shuffle and cut the deck. I have also started a tarot journal that I write in once a week, usually Sunday, unless I had a reading that I need to revisit. For myself I enjoy a 3 card spread, at times a 5 card spread. However when receiving a reading from others would prefer the Celtic cross, why do you suppose that is? Ill have to put some thought into that.

Just wanted to let you all know I appreciate your sharing. It has been very helpful

As always ~ Bright Blessings
Old 24-10-2011, 12:10 PM
Morgana Rose

i have a question concerning how to draw your cards, do you pick them at random or do you make piles and pick at random or do you take from the top of either one pile or many piles??
please help :)
Old 24-10-2011, 12:16 PM
Medium_Laura

It really depends Morgana.

For me I let my client shuffle and then when they feel ready I have them place the deck on the table.

Taking the less dominant hand (if your right handed, this would be your left) cut into 3 piles.

One pile represents past, one current and one future.

I tell them to choose 1 pile (that is the current). I set that aside by me. Then I have them pick one more. (that represents future) set that aside by me (keep track :) )

I tell them the remaining pile is their past. Since we can't go back and change the past - we set that away from the other 2. It isn't read.

I then read the current situations going on in their life. After, I tell them to ask questions about what they want to know about what's coming? Money, relationship, etc.

Hope that helps.