Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 29-07-2011, 04:37 AM
CelestialRain

Torn between two decks to choose: Shadowscape OR Tarot of Trees?

Both are EXTREMELY beautiful watercolor and painted decks.

Shadowscape is more complex and "elegant", while Tarot of Trees tends to lean more on the simple side and is beautiful and neat, with the symbolism easier to read.

In your opinion, which one would YOU get? (I can't post any links--I'm under 15 posts, sorry)

Tarot of Trees - tarotoftrees.com/major.html

Shadowscape - shadowscapes.com/Tarot/cardsmain.php?suit=0
Old 29-07-2011, 04:40 AM
Master
I own Shadowscapes and as pretty as it is, I studied the book and I find that I wish I had a deck that was more for ease of readings than just good looks. I carry around about 8 of my favorite Shadowscapes cards in my purse and plan on giving away the rest as I do readings or just as little extra gifts and pin them on my board. I am shopping for a new deck or two myself. So, I say go with the one that's easier to read.

Old 29-07-2011, 06:47 AM
Deactivated Account

hi CelestialRain,

I would say go with whichever deck speaks to you .Personally I prefer Angel oracle cards to Tarot.

Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 29-07-2011, 07:55 PM
nightowl

I think you should consider what it is you want from the deck? Are you a person of detail or do non complicated things speak to you. Are you seasoned in using tarot or just starting out, owww pretty can be a distraction sometimes. If the image on the cards are what you read than choose the images that hold the most meaning. It is a very personal choice, you can always get one now and the other later.

I am with dream angel, I prefer oracle cards to tarot, but what determines why you buy a deck is the same for either oracle or tarot. They usually speak to you in some way...

nightowl
Old 29-07-2011, 08:07 PM
Master
Yeah, it really is a matter of which one you feel drawn to. The thing is, I've known people who have tons of decks, I couldn't believe it. But, hey, if I could, I'd own a few, anyway. Slowly but surely.

Old 29-07-2011, 09:34 PM
Deactivated Account

Oracle card decks are almost as addicting as crystals tons of decks might just be overdoing it though ! Interesting to note that some people with multiple card decks, combine a few of the decks for a reading. I haven't tried that yet.

Expect Miracles !

Old 29-07-2011, 09:44 PM
Enya

Think about the energy of each pack and what you want from them. Personally, simple is best - I like to go for clarity... too much complexity can be a sop for the ego (look at me, aren't I clever?!).
Old 29-07-2011, 11:09 PM
CelestialRain

Thank you all. I'm looking to get the Tarot of Trees deck now--not only are the images beautiful, but I feel as if they were "meant" to be owned by me and the symbolic imagery is simple yet complex. I guess the pretty factor is just a "bonus".

Thank you!
Old 29-07-2011, 11:11 PM
Deactivated Account

Enjoy your new card deck !

Expect Miracles !

Old 30-07-2011, 08:04 AM
green

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelestialRain
Thank you all. I'm looking to get the Tarot of Trees deck now--not only are the images beautiful, but I feel as if they were "meant" to be owned by me and the symbolic imagery is simple yet complex. I guess the pretty factor is just a "bonus".

Thank you!

this is a beautiful deck one that i'm going to get one day. good for you, and good luck.
and remember you can allways get one more deck and one more and even one more. there is no limit to how many decks you can have except the money issue. and you will be using most of them, each deck has its special use and time.

enjoy your cards

G