Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Exercise

Old 17-12-2023, 04:07 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
I personally do not see any "passive aggressive misogyny and hatefulness" in Altair's Post.....

If it appears that way then I apologise.

I try my best not to be distracted, like checking phone during breaks. Pre-covid my gym had TV shows on, usually Discovery. Now that's gone and they replaced it with gym commercials that always show women from the back in tight leggings. Maybe I should keep my eyes closed and count to 60.

Loud music at the gym can also be a distraction although it's usually on okay'ish level. I agree with OP that rock music could be a bother. I have some active music as well, and I do like it at times, but it's not the same as doing yoga and listening to an ambience or nature sounds.

Too many people is not good for my calmness, but that's the introvert in me.

I take this topic seriously, when I'm at the gym I don't feel the same as when I'm in yoga class or meditate. Then it's a calm environment and I can feel tranquil. But the gym is all action, it's in the active music and the people. But yeah it's a good place to work on the body and all muscles.
Old 18-12-2023, 04:24 AM
Master

You have nothing to apologise for Altair.
Those of us that know you know full well that you are very much a gentleman. You don't like swearing , are courteous and respectful to everyone but especially ladies and probably the least aggressive and hateful person I know.
In fact the complete opposite is true and you care very much about very many things.
Old 18-12-2023, 04:34 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by serendipity
Wow, the way you managed to work such passive aggressive misogyny and hatefulness into a completely irrelevant discussion is quite impressive. Congrats.
I was going to contribute to this thread until I saw your last line on your opening post.
"Kind answers only please , not interested in snark"...
So I decided not to bother as you were already on the defensive.
Old 18-12-2023, 04:52 AM
Master
Altair would fit right in the gym I go to...... when I go. LOL!

Some people every once in a while bring some food for some of us to eat. How can you go wrong?

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 18-12-2023, 05:48 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Altair would fit right in the gym I go to...... when I go. LOL!
Some people every once in a while bring some food for some of us to eat. How can you go wrong?

I don’t understand….
Old 18-12-2023, 02:59 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBlue
So I decided not to bother as you were already on the defensive.

some of us are so used to being attacked that we go preemptively on the defensive lol... personally, it took me a very long time in this lifetime to understand that that isn't what is happening any more, that maybe I would be ok if I loosened up a little and just kinda went with things even though sometimes I might still feel hurt sometimes?
Old 19-12-2023, 06:46 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
some of us are so used to being attacked that we go preemptively on the defensive lol... personally, it took me a very long time in this lifetime to understand that that isn't what is happening any more, that maybe I would be ok if I loosened up a little and just kinda went with things even though sometimes I might still feel hurt sometimes?
And of course I fully understand that. I'm an Empath !!!!
But to state "No sarcasm " then verbally attack a forum member in a nasty way is a case of double standards.
Naturally I don't mean any harm here. Was just voicing my own opinion given that serendipity felt it was ok to voice hers so strongly.
Old 19-12-2023, 07:03 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
I don’t understand….
The gym I go to: virtually everybody is laid back and many of us are 'friends'.
People don't change their clothes but work out in their street clothes. Because of this, there are no lockers or showers.

I didn't mean to cause any problems. I hope this helps you understand where I was coming from.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 19-12-2023, 07:13 AM
Master

But in answer to the original question then "yes" it is possible to lift weights and still feel connected to spirit. But I would do it anywhere except the gym. This to me would be like trying to meditate in the middle of a supermarket. My son has weights in the house and can be done in your own time zone and at your own pace with any music you choose to connect to spirit.
Each to their own . There is no right or wrong way to do anything. We are all individual and unique.
Old 19-12-2023, 06:19 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBlue
And of course I fully understand that. I'm an Empath !!!!
But to state "No sarcasm " then verbally attack a forum member in a nasty way is a case of double standards.
Naturally I don't mean any harm here. Was just voicing my own opinion given that serendipity felt it was ok to voice hers so strongly.

i know. But when I was in that I was so very confused, had no idea who to turn to or which way to turn or whether there was anything other than mean people everywhere? And so many constraints, all the things I had to do right or else the world would end! All I had was myself, my own observations, and a lot of that was skewed and wrong. But I had no way of knowing that because noone was nice enough that I could trust them with what I saw as my very beingness?????

For me it was very much a matter, of which dam was going to burst first, so I suppose I was quite an awful mess with all my inconsistencies and double standards and then of course that just turns people off too which makes things even worse!

Im not complaining now as I know all that was for the best... and whenever I have to I'll go through it again. Still, I have a little compassion when I see someone else go through it lol!

FWIW I've meditated in supermarkets too lol...