Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 26-01-2021, 06:32 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
We are also Atman and therefore Brahman, and I dare say between us we could come up with a few more over some beer and popcorn. There is also the one about ultimately there is no self so the whole discussion doesn't mean anything anyway.

But with all this discussion of the self, do we really know ourselves anyway?

My spiritual mentor was one of the revered sages of history and I studied under her for over 30 years during which time Atman, Brahman, self (little "s") and Self (capital "S") were investigated.

Such concepts are not well understood and one must often speak at the level of the questioner but in such terms that it does not contradict Truth. That can be tricky at times. When asked about reincarnation and the little individualized "self", Ramana Maharshi responded "that's what they teach the masses in the temples" and "the reincarnating ego is of the lower planes".

The whole purpose of the Self-Inquiry practices is to "Know Yourself" ...... really.... and you alluded to that in your post.
Old 27-01-2021, 01:52 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
I, am everywhere.
I AM, everywhere.
Where IS, where I, am.
WHERE, I am. ( in yoda speak, I repeat)

When too by the way..

Your post reminds me of the words used by my spiritual mentor's soul sister, Anandamaya Ma, when she revealed herself.

"I AM the all pervading Reality".

That is very similar to the statement in your post: "I AM, everywhere".
Old 27-01-2021, 02:17 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
Your post reminds me of the words used by my spiritual mentor's soul sister, Anandamaya Ma, when she revealed herself.

"I AM the all pervading Reality".

That is very similar to the statement in your post: "I AM, everywhere".
Yes, very similar in deed.

P.S. I don't care who's mom this Anandamaya is, she is not my all pervading reality, my own mom doesn't even get to be that, that is who I AM.

Last edited by ketzer : 27-01-2021 at 07:21 PM.
Old 27-01-2021, 06:59 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan

You will not find yourself by running from teacher to teacher, from book to book. You will not meet yourself through following any particular specialized method of meditation. Only by looking quietly within the self that you know can your own reality be experienced, with those connections that exist between the present or immediate self and the inner identity that is multidimensional.

http://al-worldview.blogspot.com/2015/10/session-591.html
The intention of this thread, quoting Seth, was to point to the futility of following gurus and dogmas, and to recommend that each one tap their own inner source of knowledge and guidance. Fat chance anybody pursue it ...
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 27-01-2021, 07:15 PM
Cat

Quote:
The intention of this thread, quoting Seth, was to point to the futility of following gurus and dogmas, and to recommend that each one tap their own inner source of knowledge and guidance. Fat chance anybody pursue it ...
Don't call me fat. I tap my inner Source all the time for decades. I thought you could tell!!!!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 27-01-2021, 07:17 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Don't call me fat. I tap my inner Source all the time for decades. I thought you could tell!!!!
So that picture was against this site's rules ... Too bad. I thought it appropriate.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 27-01-2021, 07:22 PM
ketzer

Quote:

Some of course, might consider Seth to be a guru of sorts.
Old 27-01-2021, 07:24 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn

You could write a self help book..."How to tap into the Guru within". I am sure nobody has thought of that yet, and we can always use another book. Maybe even spin it off into a road show.... How about a cook book on "How to feed one's inner Guru." I could see you starting a magazine all about how to rely on your own inner guru instead of grabbing at all those shiny spiritual objects all the time. Your know....5 tips for this, 8 keys to a new guru you....etc.
Old 27-01-2021, 07:57 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
Some of course, might consider Seth to be a guru of sorts.
I guess you didn't miss the point, and just wanted to sound interesting (?). He didn't say "do what I say"; he said "find out yourself, trust yourself".
Old 27-01-2021, 08:07 PM
ketzer

Quote:
I guess you didn't miss the point, and just wanted to sound interesting (?). He didn't say "do what I say"; he said "find out yourself, trust yourself".
Well, if that is what he said, then I suppose that is what I should do.

P.S. I think I will wait to do it until after I have read all the Seth books...otherwise...?...how many are there again?