Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 23-01-2021, 11:58 AM
Guide
Awakening is simple

I am, you are, the stars, sun, sky, plants, trees, flowers, animals, insects are.

And we have no idea how. <- This is the most important problem.

-

Isn’t this awakening? It is a very simple concept and practice no?

Last edited by green1 : 23-01-2021 at 12:49 PM.
Old 23-01-2021, 12:59 PM
Color

My 2 cents.

I dunno, is that 'Awakening"? 'I am, you are, the stars, sun, sky, plants, trees, flowers, animals, insects are.'

I think the first step is realizing we are not our body or ego - but soul or spirit that continues on. (?)
2nd step or unfolding - (I don't even know) ...realizing there is a Conscious Presence - by many names?
Later, maybe having it dawn on us that we are all connected...
later, all connected to this One Conscious Being?

I think it usually happens all at once in a few moments of Cosmic Consciousness, some Grace...by many names;
that we have dawning realizations of insight into the nature of existence. (?)

This is why I never have used the word Enlightenment? What is that exactly?
(?) You realize you are of the same substance as the Creator?
And that Creator is bliss?
That bliss is within you, also?
Yes, that's part of it.

Is Awakening - a sudden moment of seeing ?
Seeing what ? - that nothing is actually real and this is all a stage in a dream?
Again, called different names?
Or is awakening to see that all we see with our eyes open and all that happens to us we ourselves have created?
I can't say.
This should be a good topic.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 23-01-2021, 01:20 PM
JustASimpleGuy

As I see it and in the simplest terms possible it's a glimpse into our Divine nature, however one views Divinity and according to the spiritual tradition or path one follows.

That glimpse is experiential and not just an intellectual understanding. In other words it's not something we can grasp but something that grasps us. How or why does it grasp us? Earnest desire and diligent spiritual practice cleanses mind, brings the clarity and purity required to recognize That which is always there. Or it can be spontaneous due to Grace either from past life practice, directly from the Divine or from an Enlightened being like a spiritual teacher/guru.
Old 23-01-2021, 03:31 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I think the first step is realizing we are not our body or ego - but soul or spirit that continues on. (?)

This should be a good topic.
Had to smile at this realization. Notice soul and spirit were not included. Oh, how we take these for granted. It is also important to realize, universe is not everything either.
Old 23-01-2021, 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
It is also important to realize, universe is not everything either.
Oooo, good one!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 23-01-2021, 04:10 PM
Guide
I had the divine experiences that you mentioned, but I later noted that they were not necessary to awaken.

The simple thought of “I am” and the fact that I don’t know HOW, is the most important problem. This has been a more important awakening to me.

I am getting used to the universe (by realizing that the universe is).
Old 23-01-2021, 06:02 PM
JustASimpleGuy

From Ramana Maharshi.

https://www.sriramanamaharshi.org/wp...2/who_am_I.pdf

What exists in truth is the Self alone. The world, the individual soul, and God are appearances in it. like silver in mother-of-pearl, these three appear at the same time, and disappear at the same time. The Self is that where there is absolutely no “I” thought. That is called “Silence”. The Self itself is the world; the Self itself is “I”; the Self itself is God; all is Siva, the Self.

For a follower of the non-dual path an initial first glimpse of this reality is an Awakening experience. Being That reality 24x7 would be considered Enlightenment.
Old 23-01-2021, 07:09 PM
Lorelyen

Just my view - by looking back to when you were first self-aware, distinguishing yourself from your surround and others, that was your awakening. Take it from there.
Old 23-01-2021, 11:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by green1
I am, you are, the stars, sun, sky, plants, trees, flowers, animals, insects are.

And we have no idea how. <- This is the most important problem.

-

Isn’t this awakening? It is a very simple concept and practice no?

It’s simple intellectually, you can know it, but not be living from an authentic place from your being or mindful practice.

The practice on the other hand requires conscious work.
Old 24-01-2021, 03:24 AM
Master
On a simplistic note, if we simply choose to abide in thought rested attentive, relaxed awareness, the continuum thus stretched as our ever present orientation has no identity present. What is, is say, for lack of another word, a neutral witness consciousness, simply present, in self renewing bliss.

Rephrased, we may say that in this domain of polarities, we have lower mind and higher mind. The lower acts as of urgings of mind body. The higher, resonates with voice of conscience or universal mind. On a moment to moment basis, all moments entwined, if we simply let go of the lower and meld into the higher, then we already are, as we were or are or will be, in our native pristine element.

Recognising fleeting mind body to be a vehicle which we have ensouled for the moment, feeling instead of thinking, connecting instead if grasping, flowing instead of stagnating is all there is to it, vibrant in childlike innocence.

About dream and what we call this here earth reality, two aspects may be considered, although all considerations are to quieten lower mind only! First, the recognition that desires birth manifestation, then and there in the ethereal domain, which are materialised here as reflections, seeming real, in which we, both as subject and object participate. Second, it is apparent that the dreamer (subject) needs to awake. How may the dreamed (object) awake?

In our dreams, the dream is real as long as we are dreaming. On waking up, we laugh it off as of no consequence. But within the dream, we feel each emotion, from the fulcrum of the dreamed object (with all other objects being of the same ‘substance’ dreamed by us, the dreamer).

Yet perhaps, if the manifest object has no agenda, if the object is devoid of attachment and fetters of fear or desire, alive, aware, cognisant, yet void like space itself ... then, the purpose of dreaming ends! The dreamed object/s become one (as they always were) with the dreamer in ‘there & then, here & now’ active cognition.

Simple. Yes. We just get out of our own way in alignment with truth. Which is an outpouring of blissful love. Immediate and intimate, in our heart within and in all of space, around.