Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 21-05-2014, 05:54 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizhard
The thought of a juicy T bone steak is a lovely thought better than quorn burger don't you think.animals are bred to be eaten its a natural way of life.

From the books that I have read by Jozef Rulof eating animal food is a natural stage in your evolution. So it is natural for a certain part of human evolution but because of the ever developing sensitivity humans need to switch to a plant based diet to stay in tune with their body. Many people don't know themselves and are governed by their lust and passion. Other then that, I do agree that a steak or a greasy sausage can taste very well. But I don't see myself switching back to meat because it would ruin my digestion. My health is much more important to me and I enjoy my plant based meals very much.

I also read that Masters of Light in the Afterlife are all vegetarian.

From the book A View into the Hereafter, part two, Chapter VI, section The fifth sphere, page 186-187
Quote:
Now he saw how beautiful the fountain was. It stood on a beautiful pedestal within a basin where fish of various colours were swimming around. Here, in life after death, everything lived that was known in nature on earth. Man was one with the realm of plants and animals.
One in all. Beautiful flowers flourished around the fountain. How mighty this symbol of love was. He kept on crying out with amazement. Again Alcar showed him a spiritual marvel.
‘Look at this, my boy, take some of these fruits, they will strengthen you.’
André saw how everything within Alcar’s house formed a unity. Here he stood in the midst of nature. Everywhere fruit grew and flowers bloomed, in ineffable colours.
‘Go ahead, André, take some, they’re there to strengthen man.’
André picked a fruit. It was unbelievable, soft juice flowed into his mouth. It resembled an earthly peach, but this fruit was nothing but juice. He felt invigourated, he couldn’t find words to describe this.
‘We possess everything on this side. Why shouldn’t we have fruit too? I will show you even more wonders.’

This quote does not particularly say they are vegetarian but it does show they eat, and they eat plant based food.
André was the name of Jozef Rulof when he was disembodied to learn about the afterlife. At that time his mind wasn't strong enough to bear everthing with his daylight conscious. That developed later on.
Old 21-05-2014, 06:04 AM
Master
Yes, it is lucky for anyone to reach 90 years of age.

Both my grandparents lived to pass the 90 year mark. Both were omnivores, and my grandfather who lived the longest (96) of the two drank a few glasses of sherry and smoked a cigar every day after lunch of his last twenty years.

Sorry, but I find that being a vegan, or vegetarian, does not make any difference.
Old 21-05-2014, 07:37 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visitor
Yes, it is lucky for anyone to reach 90 years of age.

Both my grandparents lived to pass the 90 year mark. Both were omnivores, and my grandfather who lived the longest (96) of the two drank a few glasses of sherry and smoked a cigar every day after lunch of his last twenty years.

Sorry, but I find that being a vegan, or vegetarian, does not make any difference.

Successes that have been achieved in the past are no guarantee for the future.

But if you want to limit your view to only that of your 90+ grandparents and the 90+ vegan woman then you are absolutely right. There are no differences.
Old 14-06-2014, 03:02 AM
Pathfinder
Despite what many here say about loving animals, I find I love plants even more. So when I knew about the book "The Secret Life of Plants", I cannot avoid to think about and despise the double standard about the vegan diets. Basically, both animals and plants feel and suffer, not just animals. So I had to face the whole fact that for me to eat, someone else has to give up his life, plant or animal. So I just eat what makes me healthy. If it would be in my power, I'd grow my own food; organic produce and organic-grass-fed free-range meats. I hope that to be a reality in the near future.
Old 14-06-2014, 04:30 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vauraus
Despite what many here say about loving animals, I find I love plants even more. So when I knew about the book "The Secret Life of Plants", I cannot avoid to think about and despise the double standard about the vegan diets. Basically, both animals and plants feel and suffer, not just animals. So I had to face the whole fact that for me to eat, someone else has to give up his life, plant or animal. So I just eat what makes me healthy. If it would be in my power, I'd grow my own food; organic produce and organic-grass-fed free-range meats. I hope that to be a reality in the near future.

So how would you describe your own standard?
Old 14-06-2014, 07:16 AM
Ecthalion

Quote:
So when I knew about the book "The Secret Life of Plants", I cannot avoid to think about and despise the double standard about the vegan diets. Basically, both animals and plants feel and suffer, not just animals. .
This book is a piece of fiction.
Plants are not aware at all. Why would they be? They can't outrun predators. There is no need for them to feel.
Old 14-06-2014, 05:09 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecthalion
This book is a piece of fiction.
Plants are not aware at all. Why would they be? They can't outrun predators. There is no need for them to feel.
Citation please...
Old 14-06-2014, 05:11 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by mogenblue
So how would you describe your own standard?
Need. I obviously cannot stop eating, so I have to compromise.
Old 14-06-2014, 06:21 PM
Ecthalion

Quote:
Citation please...
"Parts of the book attempt to disparage science, particularly plant biology, for example by claiming science is not concerned with "what makes plants live", in order to promote its own viewpoint that plants have emotions. The authors further say the authorities are unable to accept that emotional plants "might originate in a supramaterial world of cosmic beings which, as fairies, elves, gnomes, sylphs, and a host of other creatures, were a matter of direct vision and experience to clairvoyants among the Celts and other sensitives."
Pseudo-science.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Secret_Life_of_Plants
Old 14-06-2014, 07:30 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecthalion
"Parts of the book attempt to disparage science, particularly plant biology, for example by claiming science is not concerned with "what makes plants live", in order to promote its own viewpoint that plants have emotions. The authors further say the authorities are unable to accept that emotional plants "might originate in a supramaterial world of cosmic beings which, as fairies, elves, gnomes, sylphs, and a host of other creatures, were a matter of direct vision and experience to clairvoyants among the Celts and other sensitives."
Pseudo-science.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Secret_Life_of_Plants
Okay. I have been reading this around, but I fail to see actual research proving it's false. Can you produce it? The best I find is some tests done by a TV show called "Myth Busters" in which they got mixed results. Yet the bulk of research tends to prove plants sentience.

Sorry for my wording in my first post. My feelings got the best of me. I just want to learn whether or not there is actual evidence to the contrary. There was a time where the scientific fact was that earth is flat. It seems so false right now, but once was "pseudo-scientific" to state the opposite. That word bears no meaning to me. I want evidence, and the actual evidence I find is to favor plants sentience. So educate me.