Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 25-12-2019, 08:55 PM
Master
Hello,

Just a thought.

At times I learned and/or be reminded when to speak and when to be silent.

At times one does not want a lecture, opion, advice, or anything more then to just have another listen.
Old 27-12-2019, 07:16 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonglow
Hello,

Just a thought.

At times I learned and/or be reminded when to speak and when to be silent.

At times one does not want a lecture, opion, advice, or anything more then to just have another listen.

There is a whole set of opposites, like speaking and being quiet, that is a part of formal spiritual training which is taught in a
monastery or ashram. Lots of gurus will tell students to look inside of themselves, but frequently many students are external
oriented and would rather worship the guru than seek help from within.

It is a fine line between being enamored with a guru for showing you the way and embracing the inner path that is removed
from that guru. The thing is there is a difference between theoretical and practical, and often and external teacher will give
a student the background on a subject, its’ theory, so that the student can understand why they are being told to do what
they are doing. Most spiritual teachings are done in metaphors and parables.

This is also done in college; most of learning that takes place in college is theoretical. It is background or historical information.
Often people put faith in theory that has very little practical evidence. The actual practical side is the application of what you
have learned and how to utilize it in daily life. All some people have is theory and faith while others may have a very practical
useful experience; not to say that theory and faith are not useful, they are.

It is my experience to go deep within that inner journey you have to let go of the external teacher. The external teacher in my
opinion is only there to get you started. Bondage to and external teacher, again in my opinion, can hold us back. The deeper
journey requires letting go of everything in this physical world, that includes religion, beliefs, philosophies, family, and external
teachers; those things keep us in the drama. Detachment is one of the keys to sustaining deeper spiritual experiences.
Now there are people who can have all of those things mentioned and still remain compassionately, and lovingly, detached.
Old 27-12-2019, 10:32 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
There is a whole set of opposites, like speaking and being quiet, that is a part of formal spiritual training which is taught in a
monastery or ashram. Lots of gurus will tell students to look inside of themselves, but frequently many students are external
oriented and would rather worship the guru than seek help from within.

It is a fine line between being enamored with a guru for showing you the way and embracing the inner path that is removed
from that guru. The thing is there is a difference between theoretical and practical, and often and external teacher will give
a student the background on a subject, its’ theory, so that the student can understand why they are being told to do what
they are doing. Most spiritual teachings are done in metaphors and parables.

This is also done in college; most of learning that takes place in college is theoretical. It is background or historical information.
Often people put faith in theory that has very little practical evidence. The actual practical side is the application of what you
have learned and how to utilize it in daily life. All some people have is theory and faith while others may have a very practical
useful experience; not to say that theory and faith are not useful, they are.

It is my experience to go deep within that inner journey you have to let go of the external teacher. The external teacher in my
opinion is only there to get you started. Bondage to and external teacher, again in my opinion, can hold us back. The deeper
journey requires letting go of everything in this physical world, that includes religion, beliefs, philosophies, family, and external
teachers; those things keep us in the drama. Detachment is one of the keys to sustaining deeper spiritual experiences.
Now there are people who can have all of those things mentioned and still remain compassionately, and lovingly, detached.

Hi Starman,

I can relate to much of what you express.

Brings back to mind it is more about the message, then about the messenger.

I have not met a guru, per se, but have met many who share experience and wisdom with me. Now it is up to me whether I apply such that is given to my life.

Some things just take time to understand and find when the time is right and I am open to it, it comes and makes sense.

Yes, a teacher and presume a guru can give the inspiration to learn and perhaps tools to use to help develop, fine tune skills, but without taking action to apply them, then what use are they?

There is also the part of my mind that needs to comprehend the information to begin with and find interest in it. A sort of is this the way for me? Or is it just further complicating things?

Yes, have found ways to detach from most of the drama. Mainly by asking is it for me to take on or the other to figure out. Which I feel focusing on quieting my mind down helps a lot. Yes, does not mean I don't care, just not much I can do about it or help.

Yes theories, theologies, philosophies, and such are one thing, but if not applied or understood what good are they? Not to knock thier use, just through my experiences find it also takes action and focus to obtain full understanding, IMO.

It reminds when I got out of college and had a degree in Restaurant Management.
I interviewed with a chef for a cookin position. He said " I see by your resume you have a degree, great. What's your experience?"lol

It is funny now, but at the time had me think well getting the degree didn't do much for me. So, learned by doing and learning from those I've worked with. What not to do and what works. Just what I experienced.

Suppose can be applied to most anything.

Thank you

Last edited by Moonglow : 28-12-2019 at 12:29 AM.