Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 19-12-2017, 03:34 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
Light-FLASH: All words are symbols, i.e. labels, for something - for something that means something to someone - which something may be image-in-ed to be con-sense-ually 'real' or not.

You labeled me, or my behavior in relation to you, as 'messianic'. I hope my 'light'-pointing that out helps you 'get' the function of said labeling behavior - it's a means of communicating what you are thinking and feeling and believing - because you 'use' it too! Though you apparently wish to 'hide' the latter fact from yourself, presumably because you 'judge' it to be a 'bad' thing; so you just project such 'badness' onto others, in this case 'me'.

IMO, I provide (gratis! lol) a lot of 'clues' to help others figure out the meaning(s) (sometimes there are multiple ones! ) of the labels I use in my attempts to share what I mean.

There's lots to play with in my verbiage - if you wish to either seriously (i.e. 'self'-importantly) or 'light'heartedly play with my meanings.

I love and enjoy playing with the possible meanings (one can never be sure one is 'getting' them 'right'!) of people's communications. Hence me frequent woohoo-ings. Part of my de'light' in doing so also involves generating a 'light'-show-n-tell for others to also love and enjoy particpating in if they wish to do so.

I consider myself a cirque-du-soleil (the latter word references in the 'sun' part of my screen name ) kind of communicational 'adept'. If you don't enjoy playing with me, that's fine. Just ignore my verbal performances. Alternatively, you always have the option to pick up your marbles and go wherever else you wish to go.

No, It's not about who started labeling first and in all honesty I don't really mind you labeling me or yourself, the only thing I said is that I don't get it at your part. I asked you, how do I fail at being a lightshiner and what are the requirements for it? You label me as a light slayer, but explain to me why you gave me that label? Also, I must add that your ''woohoo-ings'' are rather confusing so I would appreciate it if you tune it down a little bit in your next post. We are two adults having a conversation through the internet, not a bunch of little children 'playing' with each other.
Old 19-12-2017, 06:11 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
You label me as a light slayer, but explain to me why you gave me that label?
Though you disclaim that it has any significance, the fact is that you chose that label for yourself (your screen name). You say that you picked it out for no particular reason other than it came into the filed of your attention, like pulling a piece of already used clothing in a thrift store and putting it on because you just needed 'something' to wear. I regard all 'choices' as having significance in terms of indicating something about the person making them, even apparently accidental ones. Look up what's called a Freudian 'slip' if you no idea about how someone who as a background in te field of psychology and/or spirituality (wherein inner 'spirit' is believed to be 'fate'-determining) would regard such choice on your part as being 'revealing' of the 'gestalt' of your psychospiritual (i.e. soul) constellation.

Besides the theory I subscribe to about 'choices' never being completely accidental/insignificant, I also have evidence: the evidence that you generally have a negative attitude towards Life and Living - like, for just one recent instance, your choosing to label 'love' to be an 'illusion' and 'trash' (i.e. verbally 'slay' its value) it as having no 'use' for you.

You may not agree with and you may also dislike my 'seeing' you that way, but that is the way I 'see' you. I hope what I have said helps you to understand how and why someone such as myself came to 'see' you that way. I also hope your sense of harrumph! 'self'-importance can make room in your life for meaningful interaction with someone who doesn't put you on the 'kingly' pedestal (throne?) you place yourself on and apparently think others should 'accede' to by placing you on said pedestal/throne in their world-view. As far as I am concerned you are very negative, and therefore inclined to 'put down' the views of others which don't accord with yours, as well as to pejoratively reject the 'light' of such persons. The fact is that though I respect your 'right' to choose to be as you choose, my choice is to oppose and attempt to unseat 'negativity' in my world-context, and if I can't, then at least 'use' it as an example to point out to others what I think it would 'better' not to be like. I do not expect you to like (or honor!) such choice on my part.

Getting back to your 'SlayerOfLight' nom de pen, please know that I would have the same kind of understanding and response to someone who chose a swastika for his or her forum-avatar 'icon', this even if he/she said they did not mean anything by making and brandishing such choice, that it was just something which struck them as a reasonably 'usable' symbol for forum-social purposes.

Quote:
Also, I must add that your ''woohoo-ings'' are rather confusing so I would appreciate it if you tune it down a little bit in your next post. We are two adults having a conversation through the internet, not a bunch of little children 'playing' with each other.
Sorry, but I must decline your request. This is how I work-play on the internet. It is in line with the core of my deeply thought out and lovingly chosen philosophy, as expressed in sayings such as "Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven. Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven. And whoso shall receive one such little child in my name receiveth me." (Matthew 18)

Please note, this is just one of many wisdom-teaching 'sayings' which I subscribe to: I consider myself just as much a humanist, as a Hindu or Christian. Here's another example of such wisdom (from Hafiz, 1320-1389):

"Every child has known God,
Not the God of names,
Not the God of don'ts,
Not the God who ever does
Anything weird,
But the God who knows only 4 words
And keeps repeating them, saying:
'Come Dance with Me.'
Come Dance."

Quote:
I asked you, how do I fail at being a lightshiner and what are the requirements for it?
I cannot meaningfully convey an answer to that to one who is (spiritually) 'blind' to (spiritual) 'light'. Same applies to the Q of how could/would one 'tell' a 'blind' person what the color 'red' really is? I gave you the link to a video which showed (one aspect at least of) what 'love' is in action. You totally missed the 'pointed' therein.

I have already told you that I think 'self'-importance is counterproductive when it comes to realizing/actualizing, i.e. experiencing and expressing, spiritual 'love' and 'light' and given you a link to what I think is 'wise' exposition on the 'issue' of 'self'-importance. You have ignored that and even more strongly asserted your 'self'-importance (in relation to me at least) since I shared that with you.

That is clearly your choice - a LOVE-rejecting one on my opinion (P.S. one way to 'slay' something in effect is to banish it from one's world).

I confess I do not at all like that choice of yours. However, I recognize and respect the fact that you are the only meaningful determiner of your own fate and that I can't change that. Also, FYI, I actually don't want to do so, Bro! Even if I could, that would be 'wrongy' 'stealing' what belongs to you spiritually speaking.
Old 19-12-2017, 07:56 PM
Newbie ;)
Pathfinder

thought love energy flow trough you a natural thing for souls to experience
Old 19-12-2017, 08:55 PM
Master

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7GtZpQVU-Y

Old 19-12-2017, 09:48 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sentient

That is neat and makes perfect sense.

I need to read that book.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 19-12-2017, 11:10 PM
Master
Quote:
Please note, this is just one of many wisdom-teaching 'sayings' which I subscribe to: I consider myself just as much a humanist, as a Hindu or Christian. Here's another example of such wisdom (from Hafiz, 1320-1389):

"Every child has known God,
Not the God of names,
Not the God of don'ts,
Not the God who ever does
Anything weird,
But the God who knows only 4 words
And keeps repeating them, saying:
'Come Dance with Me.'
Come Dance."

Nice and thanks for sharing...
Can't go wrong with a drunken mystic

Peace & blessings
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 20-12-2017, 02:54 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
Though you disclaim that it has any significance, the fact is that you chose that label for yourself (your screen name). You say that you picked it out for no particular reason other than it came into the filed of your attention, like pulling a piece of already used clothing in a thrift store and putting it on because you just needed 'something' to wear. I regard all 'choices' as having significance in terms of indicating something about the person making them, even apparently accidental ones. Look up what's called a Freudian 'slip' if you no idea about how someone who as a background in te field of psychology and/or spirituality (wherein inner 'spirit' is believed to be 'fate'-determining) would regard such choice on your part as being 'revealing' of the 'gestalt' of your psychospiritual (i.e. soul) constellation.

I didn't choose any label for myself at all. I'm not going to bother waste time and energy anymore into trying to convince you otherwise, David. I have never refered to myself as anything at all from the moment I'm here. My username came to my realisation while I was listening to music and just so much happened to stumble upon a song with the same title. For the better, my username is NOT supposed to be taken seriously at all.

Quote:
Besides the theory I subscribe to about 'choices' never being completely accidental/insignificant, I also have evidence: the evidence that you generally have a negative attitude towards Life and Living - like, for just one recent instance, your choosing to label 'love' to be an 'illusion' and 'trash' (i.e. verbally 'slay' its value) it as having no 'use' for you.

You may not agree with and you may also dislike my 'seeing' you that way, but that is the way I 'see' you. I hope what I have said helps you to understand how and why someone such as myself came to 'see' you that way. I also hope your sense of harrumph! 'self'-importance can make room in your life for meaningful interaction with someone who doesn't put you on the 'kingly' pedestal (throne?) you place yourself on and apparently think others should 'accede' to by placing you on said pedestal/throne in their world-view. As far as I am concerned you are very negative, and therefore inclined to 'put down' the views of others which don't accord with yours, as well as to pejoratively reject the 'light' of such persons. The fact is that though I respect your 'right' to choose to be as you choose, my choice is to oppose and attempt to unseat 'negativity' in my world-context, and if I can't, then at least 'use' it as an example to point out to others what I think it would 'better' not to be like. I do not expect you to like (or honor!) such choice on my part.

Getting back to your 'SlayerOfLight' nom de pen, please know that I would have the same kind of understanding and response to someone who chose a swastika for his or her forum-avatar 'icon', this even if he/she said they did not mean anything by making and brandishing such choice, that it was just something which struck them as a reasonably 'usable' symbol for forum-social purposes.

I have negative views on life, but that's the way I am created. I did not chose my views, rather they are shaped by the events life pulled me through. Life is like a movie, you watch and to a point 'experience' it yourself, and then you either have a positive or a negative view based on what the movie has shown you. But what you don't realise, by branding me as 'negative' while you have no clue how hard I am fighting in my daily life to be positive, you are being negative yourself as well. Your way of thinking appears to be so limited to your own fantasy world that you see nothing except what you want to see, and you don't realise that your so-called 'light' you claim to emit is not helping me. You may not believe me and that's fine, but I've met people here who did a way better job on that part than you. Clearly you want me to understand you, but you don't want to understand me. This is the way I came to see you through our interactions.

Also, what's this whole self-importance thing about? I don't view myself as important. In fact, I am not important at all and my existence is utterly meaningless and unnecessary. You may be a psychologist or whatever, but clearly this may be a sign that it is time for you to retire. I see no motivation to place myself or have others place me on said throne, so it's all yours if you want it. I do have an ego, but more in the sense of ''this is who I am'' rather than elevating myself above others, as I don't force anyone to agree with me and I don't have any intention of putting anyone down. I said in this thread that love is an illusion and to me that is the truth. Instead of having a go against it (which you have the right to do of course) it would be wiser for you to ask questions such as 'why' instead of ditching out labels. You view yourself as some holy paladin warrior, but rather you are hellbent on crusading against those who have opposite views and brand them as a threat against national security. Metaphorically you claim to fight against darkness, but the only thing you know is light. You cannot defeat what you have no knowledge of. You too are spreading negativity with your ''don't be like that guy'' attitude, because you don't know my positive traits, which in fact could be very beneficial to others.

To me, positivity and negativity don't exist. Someone who would fit in that little fantasy world of yours may be a rotten soul who goes over corpses to save his own skin and lets others down, while someone with a negative attitude can be a loyal friend who would be ready to help you when you need him. Personally, I find your finger-pointing attitude of ''don't be that'' to be extremely arrogant and not inspiring at all. What matters not isn't if someone is positive or negative on life, but how they treat others. I treat others with respect in my daily life, help my friends in need and have no qualms with even helping strangers, and stick to my own personal code of always returning favors. Ok, I may still not be close to being as 'perfect' as you are but hey at least I'm trying, gotta give me that one.

Quote:
Sorry, but I must decline your request. This is how I work-play on the internet. It is in line with the core of my deeply thought out and lovingly chosen philosophy, as expressed in sayings such as "Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven. Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven. And whoso shall receive one such little child in my name receiveth me." (Matthew 18)

Sure, then be a child for all you want. I am not interested in lowering myself to that stage, so please I beg you, don't blame me if I end up even more confused with your whoo-hoo nonsense than I already am.

Quote:
I cannot meaningfully convey an answer to that to one who is (spiritually) 'blind' to (spiritual) 'light'. Same applies to the Q of how could/would one 'tell' a 'blind' person what the color 'red' really is? I gave you the link to a video which showed (one aspect at least of) what 'love' is in action. You totally missed the 'pointed' therein.

I have already told you that I think 'self'-importance is counterproductive when it comes to realizing/actualizing, i.e. experiencing and expressing, spiritual 'love' and 'light' and given you a link to what I think is 'wise' exposition on the 'issue' of 'self'-importance. You have ignored that and even more strongly asserted your 'self'-importance (in relation to me at least) since I shared that with you.

That is clearly your choice - a LOVE-rejecting one on my opinion (P.S. one way to 'slay' something in effect is to banish it from one's world).

I confess I do not at all like that choice of yours. However, I recognize and respect the fact that you are the only meaningful determiner of your own fate and that I can't change that. Also, FYI, I actually don't want to do so, Bro! Even if I could, that would be 'wrongy' 'stealing' what belongs to you spiritually speaking.

No... You cannot convey a meaningful, valid, and concrete answer because there simply is none that you can think of. What you just said, about being blind, the same applies to you. You are being blinded by your own holy light so everything what I told you in this post is like trying to explain how turbine engines work to someone who isn't an engineer.

Last edited by Dargor : 20-12-2017 at 05:07 PM.
Old 20-12-2017, 07:04 PM
Suspended
Ascender

Hi SlayerofLight,

For what it's worth, I really admire and respect your words, honesty and groundedness. I think you have a very strong basis to move forward on in whatever you are interested in, personally speaking.

Also, I think you are fully rational and sane to question if someone can truly love another without knowing them (or in some cases, knowing )

It's a really, really worthwhile inquiry.

I can share with you my perspective (with the caveat that I haven't read the thread in full) - when people (not on this forum necessarily, but genuine spiritual adepts) use a word like "love" it is typically charged/translated by us with the connotations of normal usage. Typically, love is conditioned and dependent, it's often romantic as well. Yet of course over 50% of marriages end in divorce and we all know what we might love one day (ice cream/rock bands!) might not be the same the next.

I don't think that (true) spiritual adepts are using the word "love" in the same way.

But it doesn't really matter either, in my opinion. Use what is relevant and useful to you now. If and as things evolve, things take on a different meaning later on. Just stay true to yourself and don't be afraid of asking. You are supported.

BT
Old 20-12-2017, 07:08 PM
Suspended
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by akez24
to kno love, is to kno that no person has to take the suffering route, as jesus did, again. god is powerful and will provide whatever you need anytime.

god- you cant see me, but never overlook me

Thanks. ..
Old 20-12-2017, 08:07 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by blossomingtree
Hi SlayerofLight,

For what it's worth, I really admire and respect your words, honesty and groundedness. I think you have a very strong basis to move forward on in whatever you are interested in, personally speaking.

Also, I think you are fully rational and sane to question if someone can truly love another without knowing them (or in some cases, knowing )

It's a really, really worthwhile inquiry.

I can share with you my perspective (with the caveat that I haven't read the thread in full) - when people (not on this forum necessarily, but genuine spiritual adepts) use a word like "love" it is typically charged/translated by us with the connotations of normal usage. Typically, love is conditioned and dependent, it's often romantic as well. Yet of course over 50% of marriages end in divorce and we all know what we might love one day (ice cream/rock bands!) might not be the same the next.

I don't think that (true) spiritual adepts are using the word "love" in the same way.

But it doesn't really matter either, in my opinion. Use what is relevant and useful to you now. If and as things evolve, things take on a different meaning later on. Just stay true to yourself and don't be afraid of asking. You are supported.

BT

Hi Blossomingtree, thanks for your kind words and understanding.

You know, back when I was still a fundamental Christian I was commanded to love God above everyone and everything else yet I always struggled with loving God and finding motivation to devote my life to him, because I have never personally seen him or felt him in my life. This is one of the factors that drove me to ask the question how much truth there is into that New Age kind of love. I have never experienced any kind of love in my entire life before other than parental love (which of course is dfferent) but never romantic love or spiritual love, so to me it's not whort the effort to embrace it. Although someone here may disagree, I think I can still be a decent guy in my own 'alternative' way without being active in spiritual love or how you call it.