Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 12-07-2013, 11:59 AM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crypton
So I decided the last thing I have not giving a fair go is meditation, so I bought these cd's by Micheal Roland to guide me, and it was exactly the same as my family friend was teaching me, So I decided to take it seriously, the first and 2nd day I was doing it and it was great, my anxiety went down almost straight away, and I had more energy and felt much happier.

Then on the 3rd night, thats when it got a lot more deeper, I focused on my breath, and then it went one step further, where I was not even focusing on my breath, but its like I shifted into a whole new realm, My hands felt like they were buzzing, and I litterally felt butterflys and got aroused, and felt sick, Like I was about to have sex for the first time again or something, and I remained in that state, I shifted out of the state for a little while, but shifted back in, then thats when it got deeper, I felt like my chest started buzzing aswell, along with my back, arms, head, and it felt like the distance between my arms and head was solar systems away, its hard to explain, and the amount of energy and buzzing and feeling like I was about to be sick, I jumped out of my meditation and I had had an anxiety attack, feeling out of energy, like it hit your nervious system or something.

I tried the meditation again, and just before I went into the same trance state again, I opened my eyes and decided I better not do this anymore until I talk to somebody about it to make sure that this type of energy is safe to release, and thats honestly what it feels like, felt like I got the tip of the iceburg.

But yeah, keep in mind I have only been using meditation for a week, so I have no idea what is going on, I looked up things that happend, and all I have read is awakenings and kundalini awakening, and if you do it too soon, the energy is too overwhelming, I just want to meditate for the sake of helping my anxiety, I dont really want to go through anything thats even close to anxiety even if its ment to be finding yourself and who you are or whatever.

Everything in moderation. No meditation and you get anxious, too much meditation and you get anxious... I just hope that meditating at all is more of a balance beam than it is a tightrope.

I've heard that these usually happen when the meditator is excellent at concentrating. If you can "pull back" much more, like a camera that shows the entire landscape rather than one detail, and scatter your consciousness while maintaining serenity-- then the energy from the focus should also scatter harmlessly and peacefully.
Old 12-07-2013, 12:46 PM
Experiencer

I just want to add that working on fear is a great way to reduce anxiety. Focus on the present moment instead of thinking of the future. When people have anxiety it is generally from worrying about what could happen in the future. But doing this is silly when you think about it... why worry because what concerns us might or might not even be a reality?

I also don't think there is anything to fear from meditation. My belief is that what you have experienced is nothing bad. Just because we are unfamiliar with something can make us uncomfortable about it, but that does not mean it is a negative thing. I think you are at the right place too - because you will find that you are not alone and many people have experiences like yours. This reduces fear also.
Old 13-07-2013, 01:40 AM
Crypton

Thank you, I actually contacted the person teaching me the meditation, he said it was a good sign, he said when you start getting in deep meditation, you let off abit of steam? and but he said aslong as you dont take the lid off the steam all at once its very beneficial.

And yeah, I live in the future alot, the only thing I really worry about is dying, I know at the end of the day everyone dies, and I know it sounds silly, But I will defently have to try to improve working on living in the present.

Thank you for the great responses!
Old 13-07-2013, 05:28 AM
Homunculus

I've also struggled with anxiety since the first time I smoked weed at 15 (7 years ago). Unfortunately, I made even poorer choices by experimenting with LSD and Salvia. I completely understand where you are coming from. I just want to offer an alternative to what previous comments have suggested.

When you're meditating, feeling that energy, and becoming one with the cosmic universe, or the Om frequency, instead of fighting it, allow yourself to completely disintegrate into oneness. Now, before you think this may be a bad idea, I just want to remind you that as intense as it gets, it's only as simple as opening your eyes to return to a normal state of being. Meditation is probably the safest thing you can possibly do, because you're literally sitting on the ground and breathing. That's it. As Zen Buddhism states, the minute you sit down for meditation, you're already doing all that's required of you.

I think part of your anxiety stems from the loss of control you felt when you were high that first time. Meditation may make you feel that loss of control because you become more relaxed than you expect. But in order to break the need to control your inner state of being, you must surrender yourself to the natural vibrations of your body. The only thing stopping you is fear. You won't go insane, you won't die, you'll simply realize the potential of universal connection. Trust me, I've been to psychedelic hell and back, and grounding yourself through meditation will never bring about negative experiences. It's only your fear of a negative experience that causes you to worry.

Stay clean. Drink pure water. Meditate daily and recognize the love inside yourself. Life can only get better from here. It's all about perception.
Old 16-07-2013, 08:15 PM
Knower
I am no expert here but from my personal experience what you do descibe does sound like an awakening.
talk to the onewho taught u to meditate, maybe he would be able to help.
If you are unsure stop meditating for a while cos rising of the energy can also have negative consequences if not guided properly.
all the best to ya
Old 16-07-2013, 10:28 PM
Experiencer

Seems your root chakra is open and unbalanced. A unbalanced root chakra, causes anxiety, so you need to do some research about it. By being aroused, the energy traveled through the sacral chakra, the female energy that is located by the stomach, which is the 2nd chakra. Feeling sick along the vibrating hands is due to the blockages in the nervous system, as the energy is trying to power through them.

You where right to stop the meditation process, as the kundalini would have tried to force it way through all the chakras. With the unbalanced chakras it could have fried your nervous system. Although the Kundalini could also have been the Kriyas, a softer energy force which can feel like the Kundalini energy, that a lot of people mistaken for.

Seems like you are active guy, but lifting weights decreases your circulation flow in the body, it's not about the big muscles it's about the little muscles that connect with the bigger ones. I suggest you look into Qi Qong, and get that life energy flow evenly in your body, and watch your bigger muscles expand naturally. Not only that you will be flexible like an elastic band, and strong like an ox, it's all about feeling the "Chi". I was in the same boat, think weight lifting was the answer to a healthier body, boy was I wrong.

Back to your meditation, start slow, don't push it, say 20 min a session, then move up from there. Learn to ground yourself, surfing does the trick, as does walking bare foot, doing dishes, hug a tree, it all helps, it's the reason for feeling nauseated.

The most important thing before meditation, is prayer, you cannot beat the feeling of talking to divine energies, where you can cry, and laugh with them. It's all about creating a bond with your higher guides, and they will enter into your life and guide you to them, they are amazing.

Be patient and follow your dreams of the heart, you are about to hit a journey of a life time, that many wish for. I don't usually like to give to much optimism to someone, but I believe that your life force energy is active in you.

The good news is that the shell that is holding kundalini is activated. People try to a life time of meditating trying to get it open, as it is magical.

There are three types of awakenings that I found through my experience of mine as well as others, the root, the heart, and the crown. Each awakenings travels in 3's, the root goes 3 up to the heart, which means you reach the "self" with the ability to take a dip into the dark, and bring up your natural talents. Then you have the full blown Kundalini awakening, which is very rare, known as the Heart chakra awakening, which activates all the chakras. One has the ability to clear out all their negatives. The crown chakra awakening is travels 3 down to the heart, which psychic awareness is achieved, but they don't have the ability to cleanse themselves. I believe you may have the root chakra awakening, meaning you love life, and your a survivor, and you'll be saved from any catastrophe that happens in the world. People always wants to open the upper chakras, but I always say, that the bottom chakras are the most important chakras of them all, as they are the cleansing chakras, that cleanses the dark energies before they hit the 3rd eye, get my drift.

Sorry for the long post, got a little carried away. Small steps at a time, and listen to your intuition.

Wish you the best on your magnificent Journey of self discovery.
Old 22-07-2013, 05:05 AM
Crypton

Hey guys, just updating you guys on what has been going on, and hopefully get some advice from you guys in what I should do in my situation.

Since I last posted which I think was 2weeks ago? I have not been going into deep meditation, I have been doing 20-40minutes of meditation a day, but I do not really lose awareness I guess you could say.

I have been doing 20minutes of normal meditation (Legs crossed, sitting up, on the ground, observing my breath), and 20minutes of a guided meditation where I lay down, ill link it here so you guys can tell me if it is worth doing or not.

I have noticed though, Even though I am not going into deep meditation, my hands, legs have a buzzing sensation still, and now I am getting strange like a warm sensation along my spine.

Like I said the last time I posted on the forum, I dont want to have a full blown awakening, First reason I wanted to start meditation in the first place was to help my anxiety, not make a bigger probly then when I started.

But the last two weeks I have changed my mind, I would like to take meditation more seriously but am a bit scared on what steps to take next.

The man who taught me the techniques and who is a family friend is on holidays for a couple of weeks or maybes months, so I am unsure when I will see him next, I dont want to pay out money to a yoga instructor since I do not know I will be seeing one who will have a clue on about what I have been experiencing, and unsure if I will be able to speak 1 on 1.

So I am posting on here for any help that will be given.

Ill give you a quick example of myself just incase anything would be interfering or causing anything to concern I guess.

21 year old male, I cycle (bike) 4-5times a week, I lift weights (been lifting for a couple years), I also count my calories and micronutrients so I get the right amount of food every day, and its all clean foods (Oats,Nuts,Meats,Vegetables,water,green tea, protein powder (sometimes), fruits, and I enjoy eating those foods.

I suffer from anxiety, I used to drink a smoke weed in my teens, but now I am 100% clean, have an occasional red wine or beer but not regularly.

So any info / help would be great, I have found you guys to be very helpful so far!

Thanks Bryce
Old 22-07-2013, 05:08 AM
Crypton

I could go into deeper meditation, but I have been holding off since I if you read the first couple posts of mine, I had a weird experience.

And I feel like I am only putting in 25% of what I could be putting into meditation, I feel like I could go a lot deeper and relax a lot more but I snap out of it on purpose when I feel like my spine / legs / hands or I feel butterflys or kind or feel aroused. haha.

Hope this is enough info.
Old 22-07-2013, 11:27 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crypton
Hey guys, just updating you guys on what has been going on, and hopefully get some advice from you guys in what I should do in my situation.

I'm not going to advise anything.

Quote:
Since I last posted which I think was 2weeks ago? I have not been going into deep meditation, I have been doing 20-40minutes of meditation a day, but I do not really lose awareness I guess you could say.

OK...

Quote:
I have been doing 20minutes of normal meditation (Legs crossed, sitting up, on the ground, observing my breath), and 20minutes of a guided meditation where I lay down, ill link it here so you guys can tell me if it is worth doing or not.

I don't know if it is worth doing; it depends if you benefit or not.

Quote:
I have noticed though, Even though I am not going into deep meditation, my hands, legs have a buzzing sensation still, and now I am getting strange like a warm sensation along my spine.

Awesome, that's quite subtle perception there.

Quote:
Like I said the last time I posted on the forum, I dont want to have a full blown awakening, First reason I wanted to start meditation in the first place was to help my anxiety, not make a bigger probly then when I started.

Meditation isn't an anxiety treatment.

Quote:
But the last two weeks I have changed my mind, I would like to take meditation more seriously but am a bit scared on what steps to take next.

What do you want next?

Quote:
The man who taught me the techniques and who is a family friend is on holidays for a couple of weeks or maybes months, so I am unsure when I will see him next, I dont want to pay out money to a yoga instructor since I do not know I will be seeing one who will have a clue on about what I have been experiencing, and unsure if I will be able to speak 1 on 1.

What techniques did he teach?

Quote:
So I am posting on here for any help that will be given.

Ill give you a quick example of myself just incase anything would be interfering or causing anything to concern I guess.

21 year old male, I cycle (bike) 4-5times a week, I lift weights (been lifting for a couple years), I also count my calories and micronutrients so I get the right amount of food every day, and its all clean foods (Oats,Nuts,Meats,Vegetables,water,green tea, protein powder (sometimes), fruits, and I enjoy eating those foods.

I suffer from anxiety, I used to drink a smoke weed in my teens, but now I am 100% clean, have an occasional red wine or beer but not regularly.

So any info / help would be great, I have found you guys to be very helpful so far!

Thanks Bryce

Being sober is best, and healthy is good of course, a good light diet helps... so you're primed for it, really.
Old 22-07-2013, 11:56 AM
Crypton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I'm not going to advise anything.

OK...

I don't know if it is worth doing; it depends if you benefit or not.

Awesome, that's quite subtle perception there.

Meditation isn't an anxiety treatment.

What do you want next?

What techniques did he teach?

Being sober is best, and healthy is good of course, a good light diet helps... so you're primed for it, really.

thanks for the response, look I really do not know how powerful meditation is tbh, thats is why I am posting on this forum to understand it more before I use it regularly I guess and let myself go into deep meditation?

I understand it will not cure my anxiety, my apologies for stating that, But It would be a good aid for it I figured.

The techniques he taught me was to sit erect, legs crossed, relax, keep tongue on roof of mouth, focus on my breath, if thoughts intercept it, bring it back to the breath, he told me to treat meditation as if you were a horse whisperer, be persistent with it, but do not be aggressive about it I guess.

The reason I ask what should I do next, is basically I am in the unknown about meditation, can it change ones life? Can people really have awakenings from it? Should I be worried about it?

Like I said, first week I did meditation I got quite scared because it felt like I went into a dream / trance state, and felt like my body did not exist, hard to describe, The feeling was like before I had sex for the first time, I got aroused and after I felt sick and felt adrenaline all through my body, Was not the same as anxiety, but defently shaken up.

Not going to lie, anxiety has ruined my life, and now I found meditation which seems to be a good aid, and now I am even scared to meditate due to not knowing how powerful meditation can be, I have been using rational thinking with my anxiety and CBT therapy, which do help, but I feel like meditation would help alot.

Please any help would be truely appreciated.
I know I maybe get trolled but I am down to the last straw it feels like.