Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 19-04-2020, 08:39 PM
Master
Smile Why does God not show him / her/ itself?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
I much appreciate your response guthrio, this multi-dimensional universe gives us so many possibilities.

I myself don't think that Rich Kelley's NDE was a miracle. I personally wouldn't call it that. Like many other things we experience in life I can only really call his NDE 'astounding'. There are as we know many other NDEs and OBEs which are just as astounding in their own ways but, I could, as you say, identify myself with Rich Kelley's as a similar moment or similar moments have arisen in my life in various forms or conditions.
I adhere strictly to the (for me) obvious. There is no room for walking on water in my philosophies. Everything that happens no matter where in the physical universe takes place within natural laws - of which we, as yet, know little.

We are all connected to William Blake's cosmic consciousness. We only see it when there are little gaps in the clouds allowing us to see truly into that reality which isn't blocked by forms - forms created by our own intensity of being alive - an intensity which pervades the whole of creation as a mind projection. We do I think, have to be very careful when so many voices of all creeds, beliefs, sciences, philosophies etc., speak of 'spirit' and 'matter' - as if we know what they are. We do actually know nothing.

To gain any sort of understanding there is only one person who can give an answer to this great mystery and that is you (and me). No matter what we find after searching we'll always find that which confirms what we know. That reality which we call 'truth' is only recognised when each personal mind transcends itself into - let's call it - 'wider spheres'.

We may not know it 'consciously' but as Rich Kelley says we do really know far more than we think and each of us and each of everything which occupies even the smallest corner of this unimaginable place we are in adds to the wholeness and oneness of the All.

Busby,

...well said! And here's to the moment each of us remembers what we've always known.
“Why, that’s true! I am a perfect, unlimited gull!” Jonathan opened his eyes asking, "Where are we?” The Elder Chiang said, “We’re on some planet with a green sky and a double star for a sun.” Jonathan made a scree of delight. “IT WORKS!" “Well, of course it works, Jon,” said Chiang. “It always works, when you know what you’re doing." (and even when you don't)
Old 20-04-2020, 03:23 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by guthrio
Busby,

...well said! And here's to the moment each of us remembers what we've always known.
Someone thinking of and proclaiming their 'aha' experiences as their 'remembered' something they have always[!] 'known' has always struck me as being a 'weird' kind of 'sleight of mind' because of its illogicality.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eureka_effect
Old 20-04-2020, 03:31 PM
Master
Quote:
And here's to the moment each of us remembers what we've always known.
On second, third, fourth -> infinity thought , it occurs to me that believing such an idea to be the 'apex' of 'enlightenment' will (because of the power of thought and e-motion!) result in a self-fullfilling prophecy wherein and whereby what is traditionally 'philosophically' and so 'morally' embraced is solidified and so remains the 'order' of the 'day'. New (positively evolutionary) ideas and possible Innovations (nova = new) deriving therefrom will automatically thereby be precluded.

'Judgment' 'day' is upon us - this may be my last 'call' in relation to you, guthrio! Let's 'see' what you are really made of.
Old 23-04-2020, 07:42 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
On second, third, fourth -> infinity thought , it occurs to me that believing such an idea to be the 'apex' of 'enlightenment' will (because of the power of thought and e-motion!) result in a self-fullfilling prophecy wherein and whereby what is traditionally 'philosophically' and so 'morally' embraced is solidified and so remains the 'order' of the 'day'. New (positively evolutionary) ideas and possible Innovations (nova = new) deriving therefrom will automatically thereby be precluded.

'Judgment' 'day' is upon us - this may be my last 'call' in relation to you, guthrio! Let's 'see' what you are really made of.

Davidsun,

.... When we've been there 10000 years bright shining as the sun we've no less days to sing God's praise than when we first begun.

Blessings to us all wherever our respective journeys take us.

....and to the possibility of us knocking back some "Heavenly Spirits" at the Pearly Gates saloon on the way there.
“Why, that’s true! I am a perfect, unlimited gull!” Jonathan opened his eyes asking, "Where are we?” The Elder Chiang said, “We’re on some planet with a green sky and a double star for a sun.” Jonathan made a scree of delight. “IT WORKS!" “Well, of course it works, Jon,” said Chiang. “It always works, when you know what you’re doing." (and even when you don't)

Last edited by guthrio : 23-04-2020 at 09:14 PM. Reason: clarify input
Old 24-04-2020, 03:30 PM
Master
Quote:
Davidsun,

.... When we've been there 10000 years bright shining as the sun we've no less days to sing God's praise than when we first begun.
So this is the kind of thing you mean when you reference 'remembering' some thing you've 'always known'? This is an 'automatic' realization in the case of anyone who grows to know/believe and so feel that their soul is immortal, I think.

Quote:
Blessings to us all wherever our respective journeys take us.
Yes, but unlike you I imagine, my 'blessing' to all includes honestly acknowledging and embracing the I-can't-help-it-because-my-love-for-all-naturally-inclines-me-to-'wish' that those who diminish and detract from the Quality of Life on our planet either be 'reformed', 'rendered impotent' or 'dispatched' elsewhere so they can't/don't continue to sully what is truly 'praisable'.

I can well imagine what Jesus must have been thinking and feeling when he said things like: "It is impossible but that offences will come: but woe unto him, through whom they come! It were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he cast into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones."

Quote:
....and to the possibility of us knocking back some "Heavenly Spirits" at the Pearly Gates saloon on the way there.
The 'consummation' of such possibility depends on how honestly and valiantly you choose to acknowledge the full truth and discharge your response-abilities in this lifetime, methinks. As you may have gathered, but probably not 'fully', I am a tough 'sergeant' 'task master' (not an 'sweet mother') kind of soul, who does not automatically 'accept' and 'embrace' every soul as being a worthy-of-further-association spirit.

Moving onward, I am. Best wishes that your soul's development continues. My final 'call' to you (in this lifetime) is hereby finished.
Old 24-04-2020, 07:06 PM
Master
Quote:
So this is the kind of thing you mean when you reference 'remembering' some thing you've 'always known'? This is an 'automatic' realization in the case of anyone who grows to know/believe and so feel that their soul is immortal, I think.

Yes, but unlike you I imagine, my 'blessing' to all includes honestly acknowledging and embracing the I-can't-help-it-because-my-love-for-all-naturally-inclines-me-to-'wish' that those who diminish and detract from the Quality of Life on our planet either be 'reformed', 'rendered impotent' or 'dispatched' elsewhere so they can't/don't continue to sully what is truly 'praisable'.

I can well imagine what Jesus must have been thinking and feeling when he said things like: "It is impossible but that offences will come: but woe unto him, through whom they come! It were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he cast into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones."

The 'consummation' of such possibility depends on how honestly and valiantly you choose to acknowledge the full truth and discharge your response-abilities in this lifetime, methinks. As you may have gathered, but probably not 'fully', I am a tough 'sergeant' 'task master' (not an 'sweet mother') kind of soul, who does not automatically 'accept' and 'embrace' every soul as being a worthy-of-further-association spirit.

Moving onward, I am. Best wishes that your soul's development continues. My final 'call' to you (in this lifetime) is hereby finished.

...and Best wishes for you through Eternity.

We are each made of the Creator's Divine Substance; what we choose to make of this gift is up to us. That is the only "task" we need to "master".
Old 24-04-2020, 09:38 PM
Master
Quote:
...and Best wishes for you through Eternity.

We are each made of the Creator's Divine Substance; what we choose to make of this gift is up to us. That is the only "task" we need to "master".
Yes, backatcha ... and what I choose is not to 'tarry' for those who get caught up in indulging feelings of satisfaction stemming from the realization of their own and others 'divinity'. There are fields to be tilled and sowed, weeds to be pulled, vines to be prunes, grain-n-grapes to be harvested and meals to be prepared and served - IOW, there's a lot of 'divine' work 'calling out' to be conscientiously co-worker done.

Reprise of a 'point' I made earlier:
Little Jack Horner
Sat in the corner,
Eating his Christmas pie;
He put in his thumb,
And pulled out a plum,
And said, "What a good boy am I!"

Last edited by davidsun : 24-04-2020 at 10:22 PM.
Old 25-04-2020, 12:54 AM
Master
Quote:
Yes, backatcha ... and what I choose is not to 'tarry' for those who get caught up in indulging feelings of satisfaction stemming from the realization of their own and others 'divinity'. There are fields to be tilled and sowed, weeds to be pulled, vines to be prunes, grain-n-grapes to be harvested and meals to be prepared and served - IOW, there's a lot of 'divine' work 'calling out' to be conscientiously co-worker done.

Little Jack Horner
Sat in the corner,
He put in his thumb,
And pulled out a plum,

Davidsun,

...if there is work to be done, what is keeping you from doing it? And what does any of that have to do with telling me about it?
Old 25-04-2020, 01:18 AM
Master

Quote:
Little Jack Horner
Sat in the corner,
He put in his thumb,
And pulled out a plum,

Or alternatively

Little Jack Horner
Sat in the corner,
He put in his thumb,
And pulled out an orange,
And said, "What the hell's this doing here?"
Old 25-04-2020, 02:21 AM
Master
Quote:
Davidsun,

...if there is work to be done, what is keeping you from doing it? And what does any of that have to do with telling me about it?
I am doing it and 'calling' (not 'telling'!) you to join with me in doing it (in your own way, of course), albeit it is becoming clear to me that even though I articulately do it full view of you, you have no idea of what I am talking about.