Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 05-11-2012, 01:39 AM
Master
i wish knew if i have lived a past life before. i wonder can you recall certain images or events that were set in the past that you think that you would just fit right in with that time period. some people are interested in the midevil times and they see thierselves in that era.
Old 05-11-2012, 05:29 AM
Iseke

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlsearching
i wish knew if i have lived a past life before. i wonder can you recall certain images or events that were set in the past that you think that you would just fit right in with that time period. some people are interested in the midevil times and they see thierselves in that era.

Most likely, you have. If not here, then your consciousness is bound to have a past somewhere!

If you are interested in exploring your past lives, check out some meditations around that you can do. There are a lot of ways to start remembering. Take some time to really study yourself and see if you can find some starting places. You've already listed an interest in certain eras; that's a start and can lead you in the right direction. But be patient with yourself; you see what you're ready to see. It takes time. :)

Here are some resources to get you started:

http://www.healpastlives.com/pastlf/...e/exregres.htm
Old 06-11-2012, 12:06 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iseke
Most likely, you have. If not here, then your consciousness is bound to have a past somewhere!

If you are interested in exploring your past lives, check out some meditations around that you can do. There are a lot of ways to start remembering. Take some time to really study yourself and see if you can find some starting places. You've already listed an interest in certain eras; that's a start and can lead you in the right direction. But be patient with yourself; you see what you're ready to see. It takes time. :)

Here are some resources to get you started:

http://www.healpastlives.com/pastlf/...e/exregres.htm

thank you Iseke for the information. i think about it sometimes. i just wonder what it would be like if i was from a diffarent time period i mean do'nt get me wrong i like this generation but i have just wanted to know if past lives were possiable to experince.
Old 06-11-2012, 12:52 AM
Master
the things that you're attracted to
and the things that repulse you
are clues
Old 07-11-2012, 02:48 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma
the things that you're attracted to
and the things that repulse you
are clues

that is true too that describes who you are.
Old 21-11-2012, 03:02 AM
Gaia

you just feel it
Old 21-11-2012, 02:41 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by alamode
It would be rare to find someone who is a completely new soul that is experiencing his/her first incarnation on Earth. If you are coming to this spiritual forum, I think you can pretty much just assume that this is not your first incarnation here :)

I've seen this posted before on other fora, and (as is my wont, bad habit), I must ask: "Why not?" In point of fact I declare that "older" souls are more likely to get stuck in old nay fossilized patterns of behavior that they continue, unchanging, for eons, while a newborn soul would not have those patterns to overcome. Yes, he would have to learn new (and effective) patterns from scratch, but then again don't we all? I think enlightenment is always there for the taking, whether you have 1 or 1,000 lifetimes under your belt.
Out of left field came a lucky day
Out of the blue
No more pain
Old 29-11-2012, 12:46 PM
Knower

Reincarnation is a tenet of many beliefs, in fact it seems to be the norm rather than the exception- the soul follows the cyclic pattern of birth to death to birth of all matter in existence, constantly cycling from one form to another, but never made or destroyed.

The main problem with reincarnation that I have is this:
At present there are 7 billion people on the planet. The number of humans, ever living, since we evolved ~200,000yrs ago, is no more than I think 8 billion. This means that assuming only one life per person, there are 6bn people at present living for the first time.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Possible explanations-1) as in the belief of Pythagoras and the Celts, the soul can live as anything, living or non-living- a rock, a star, a word in a letter, etc, and most have never lived before as a human.
2) Can a soul split, so two or more people will have lived the exact same past life? Possibly through genetic links?
3) Are many souls being created anew? Perhaps the ones who are spiritually advanced or have a belief in reincarnation are the ones who have indeed lived before, and all those who do not believe are newly created?
What does anyone think?
Old 29-11-2012, 12:46 PM
Knower

Reincarnation is a tenet of many beliefs, in fact it seems to be the norm rather than the exception- the soul follows the cyclic pattern of birth to death to birth of all matter in existence, constantly cycling from one form to another, but never made or destroyed.

The main problem with reincarnation that I have is this:
At present there are 7 billion people on the planet. The number of humans, ever living, since we evolved ~200,000yrs ago, is no more than I think 8 billion. This means that assuming only one life per person, there are 6bn people at present living for the first time.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Possible explanations-1) as in the belief of Pythagoras and the Celts, the soul can live as anything, living or non-living- a rock, a star, a word in a letter, etc, and most have never lived before as a human.
2) Can a soul split, so two or more people will have lived the exact same past life? Possibly through genetic links?
3) Are many souls being created anew? Perhaps the ones who are spiritually advanced or have a belief in reincarnation are the ones who have indeed lived before, and all those who do not believe are newly created?
What does anyone think?
Old 29-11-2012, 01:06 PM
Quagmire

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannah
This means that assuming only one life per person, there are 6bn people at present living for the first time.

An explanation could also be found in the theory that we live simulataneously with our other selves in other parallel universes that accordingly to this present is either past, present or future versions of oneself. So even if someone has their first life the part of their first life they have in this parallel universe might not be their first existence. As we make choices here another of oneself might make a different choice and that slightly alters the other parallel universe so there in reality can exist an infinite amount of other selves of oneself living ones existence different than the one one lives in this universe. It might not even be the same incarnation anymore. That could mean that a first life will be when a spirit/soul for the first time enters one of these universes as an individual being. So the number in this universe could then actually be far less than 6 billion...