Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Closed Thread

Old 24-01-2007, 07:48 PM
OceanWaves19161

Medium stuff

Quick question. The psychic I go to and my spirit guides both say i'm meant to be a medium and i do have the high life force energy thats apparently needed for it. My questions are...is talking to dead people just like talking to spirit guides and what not?, hows the contact happen...do they just come to you and start communicating? how long does it even take before you can speak to people who have crossed over?. I want to develop it but i'm just curious about the process. Thanks if you can answer this:)

Alana
Old 24-01-2007, 09:27 PM
Saranda

Heyya, Ocean!

First of all, I'm happy of you to consider taking up such a path that is not easy, but can bring much good to people around you!

Going over to your question... As far as I've experienced contacts with human spirits, it is not much different from talking to spirit guides. You just need to think of the person to get his "attention" and try making a contact, of course, keeping in mind all methods of percaution, because there are also beings out there that wouldn't mind pranking around a bit. Also, the methods of contacting vary, from just "hearing voices" to trance mediumship, which is rather dangerous to take up.

As for the time needed for basic practice - it varies from person to person, some can do it naturally, and some need years for the first contact to take place... At first I'd suggest you to practice contacting with your spirit guides and, when there comes a possibility, try talking to a human spirit who needs/wants contacting. And always follow what your heart says, if you are asked to talk to somebody, but you feel that the one you've contacted isn't the real one though it even might claim to be such, believe yourself. You already have all the answers!

I wish you luck in your practices and am eager to hear of any success!
Also, I wait for others to comment, really interesting to hear of other experiences! :)

Love&Light
Saranda
Old 24-01-2007, 11:14 PM
ljepotica

Hello Alana,

I think different people develop in different ways.

My way took me completely by surprise-my spirit and angel guides didn't tell me anything at all and I just started doing readings out of the blue one day while in chat-seriously-it was like I click my fingers and suddenly I'm reading and hearing from passed loves-one connected to the people I was doing readings for...but I have been sensitive to spirits for a very long time...

I can only hear the spirits in my mind and cannot feel or see them-well I can see them in my minds eye...I'm so-so with their names:p

I might suggest that perhaps you do a reading-if you feel like it, if it seems natural (which is how it felt when I did my first reading) then go for it!!

I still haven't heard from my spirit guides/angel guides concerning my mediumship skills-but then I have been a bit lazy and not meditated for some time.

As for protection the way I do it is visualise a shield around my body of pure white light and ask AA Micheal to help and protect me-then I say "only the loved passed ones of this person I'm doing a reading for can contact me" and it works.

I wish you good luck and hope you progress in your mediumship skills.

All the best and lots of love,

S xxx
Old 25-01-2007, 12:10 AM
OceanWaves19161

Apparently I had this ability as a child but lost it due to the fact that i was badly bullied and apparently I got tied up in that instead. I don't know how my development will progress. I've only opened up over the last 4 months due to a session of reiki and a rather grouchy old spirit. . I'm just a little bit clairvoyant so i cant really see spirits i'll probably just hear them I guess. I'm about to start a meditation circle so hopefully that will lead me in the right direction!. Thanks for all the info you've given me as well. It answered all of my questions for me:)

p.s this is off the topic buit does anyone know why there are psychic bloodlines. We seem to have this occuring in my family going back 3 generations that I know of. Whys this occur?
Old 25-01-2007, 01:29 PM
ljepotica

Hey Alana,

It's funny you mention psychic bloodlines as my sensitivity to spirits has gone back about three or more generations and my grandfather and I think his father used to take bad spirits out of people and even my parents has abilities but never told me about this...

I've been told that in my family when a person passes they give their ability to a chosen one in the family...

I'm as curious as you to find out!
Old 30-01-2007, 11:00 PM
spiritalk

Spirit guides are spirit entities, just as the loved ones that come to the client are spirit entities. As a medium, attune ONLY to your spirit guide. If you allow any and all spirit to enter your consciousness, there is no filter of the energies.

As you attune with your spirit guide, they bring the one for the client that is going to 'speak'. They are the doorkeeper to all your spirit work.

Be sure to have all the attunement in place, before trying to do readings for anyone else.

God bless, J
Closed Thread