Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations > Manifesting, Creating, & The Law of Attraction

Old 22-01-2015, 01:15 AM
Deactivated Account

Music and LOA

I'd like to know other people's opinions on music when it comes to the law of attraction. I've thought about this before, like how listening to positively versus negatively themed songs or songs in minor or major keys might affect the listener and their frequency. Thoughts would be appreciated!
Old 22-01-2015, 02:14 AM
Super Moderator
Oh wow! Music definitely affects your 'frequency'. If there is one thing in this world sure to touch the deepest feelings, imagination, and energies, it's music. Second to that is scents.
Old 22-01-2015, 12:58 PM
Deactivated Account

Writing music is the way I express myself, heal, meditate, etc. A lot of my songs can be very.... Angst ridden, haha. I swear I'm usually a very happy and optimistic person, but you'd never tell by listening to what I write! I wonder what that says about me. Or perhaps it's just my most effective way of self discovery.

I can definitely see how listening to a certain type of music can affect mood and outlook, though. I've found that when listening to uplifting music, I feel more positive versus listening to angry, sad music, which gives me a cynical perspective.
Old 22-01-2015, 06:31 PM
Suspended

if you get emotionaly involved in the song, then yes.

Thoughts are nothing without emotional backin to them.

but then again depresing lyrics could get stuck in your head i guess, kinda like affirmations. Which will then tune your own thoughts toward those things.
Old 25-03-2015, 02:48 PM
Master
So is it possible to expect to journey with another (similar) spirit in the dream world whilst sleeping, after focusing a lot of emotion on a certain style of song before falling asleep ?
Old 07-04-2015, 07:50 PM
Experiencer
Music can bypass the regular thinking brain and go directly into the feeling part, and yes, it certainly affects us. That's why I do not listen to Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata, no matter how beautiful it is. It is very tragic and carries deep sadness. I think, if you are sensitive and honor your vibration, you will notice subtle changes, when you listen to the music, and then follow your joy -to keep listening or to stop.
Now, if you say you are very optimistic person, but tend to write not so optimistic music, then maybe you are not as optimistic as you think yet, or maybe you simply follow the template of other "starving" and "spiritual" artists.
Old 12-05-2016, 01:41 AM
Newbie ;)

Absofreakinlutely! Yes I would say it could. Music has plaid a big role in my life, I listen, play, sing, and create music. Might as well say live, breathe, and sleep music. As a DJ I can control the energy of the crowd. When it's time to turn the party up I play a list that contains high energy music with a lot of bass, if the party is getting out of control, I play something more yellow mellow for instance country. Country always does the trick, but it sometimes can kill the party too. What I play depends on the age group mostly. The middle age wants old time rock n roll and Hank, Waylan, and Willie where as the younger generation wants pop, r&b, rap, and anything they can dance and shake their booty to. As far as manifestation goes I would think a song with the lyrics of "hmmmm I feel lucky today" would work better than a song with lyrics like "I hate everything about you". Mostly I think it would depend on making a playlist of only "feel good" music to be able to achieve "good things" to come to you. Might I suggest Santana's - Everything is coming our way, a very great song for what you are trying to accomplish. In my opinion music is the UNIVERSAL LANGUAGE. I don't have to understand the foreign language a song is being sang in to feel it's vibe, the beat and tempo of the instruments give me the feeling. Now on the other hand if it's English that the lyrics are in and I can't understand what's being sung, then I really want no part of it. I also believe that there are many ways music can be used, I'll leave that for another thread as I have a lot to say on that too, but I hope this helps a little bit.
Old 12-05-2016, 03:10 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameritini
In my opinion music is the UNIVERSAL LANGUAGE. I don't have to understand the foreign language a song is being sang in to feel it's vibe, the beat and tempo of the instruments give me the feeling.

I feel very similar to you on this...

Old 13-05-2016, 07:04 AM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameritini
Absofreakinlutely! Yes I would say it could. Music has plaid a big role in my life, I listen, play, sing, and create music. Might as well say live, breathe, and sleep music. As a DJ I can control the energy of the crowd. When it's time to turn the party up I play a list that contains high energy music with a lot of bass, if the party is getting out of control, I play something more yellow mellow for instance country. Country always does the trick, but it sometimes can kill the party too. What I play depends on the age group mostly. The middle age wants old time rock n roll and Hank, Waylan, and Willie where as the younger generation wants pop, r&b, rap, and anything they can dance and shake their booty to. As far as manifestation goes I would think a song with the lyrics of "hmmmm I feel lucky today" would work better than a song with lyrics like "I hate everything about you". Mostly I think it would depend on making a playlist of only "feel good" music to be able to achieve "good things" to come to you. Might I suggest Santana's - Everything is coming our way, a very great song for what you are trying to accomplish. In my opinion music is the UNIVERSAL LANGUAGE. I don't have to understand the foreign language a song is being sang in to feel it's vibe, the beat and tempo of the instruments give me the feeling. Now on the other hand if it's English that the lyrics are in and I can't understand what's being sung, then I really want no part of it. I also believe that there are many ways music can be used, I'll leave that for another thread as I have a lot to say on that too, but I hope this helps a little bit.

The emboldened line: It reminds me of the song "Bedazzled" from the original 1967 film sung by Peter Cook that - so cynically downing that it held everyone (including me) enthralled, simmering away with its strange modal harmony, never resolving (in the musical sense).

The thing about music is that it communicates direct to the senses. Rhythm (beat) gets to the viscerally instinctive and harmonic rhythm more to the emotions and inwardly visual. Comprehensible lyrics bridge to the intellect. It follows some linguistic conventions in that its reception depends on how it communicates through those conventions and the listener's ability to suspend (or otherwise) expectations of resolution. In the classical arena someone who likes things neat and tidy is more likely to turn to Mozart than someone loving their emotions torn apart who would be happier with Schoenberg's Transfigured Night or Stravinsky's Rite of Spring or even the Planets Suite.

An interesting subject. Musical tone most definitely affects spiritual tone. A universal language because it's based on "universal" physics, the harmonic series.

PS: And give me Santana's Samba Pa Ti anytime for sensual dance expression!!