Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 14-04-2016, 04:25 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaysOfScarletDreams
You're right, we don't know what it is. The funny thing is, I'm an atheist and I don't even know why I come here.

*** Perhaps we just long for that one special connection.

*** I read somewhere once, that the reason we seek our Flametwins, or a life partner. It has to do with our own biological makeup. We want a partner that can match our natural system and our brain level's. When I say natural system I mean immune system and such. Maybe that's why we connect to people and such, because in a way we can tell if they'll be a, healthy fit for us. Just as if we are repelled by someone, we know they're not a good match for our immune system and brain level.

Well even as an agnostic/bordering atheist I was interested in learning about religions and beliefs. So.

You just said a bunch of stuff that sounded sciency, but I'm not sure you even know what you mean. Do you have any articles that can shed light on what "matching" the "immune system" is? As someone who's studied anatomy, physiology, brainwaves, and at least browsed their relations to spirituality, you're being very nebulous.

I've read a study that said genetic compatibility of immune systems can be determined unconsciously by smell. But that's to do with children, not our own well-being.

And plenty of spiritualists say that your aura's resonance will meld with compatible people. Recognizing someone is bad for you is often intuitive, and I may have seen a book on Amazon about fearful feelings and their usefulness, but I'm not sure it was hard science.

It's funny, I'm a brand of skeptic, depending on how you want to define it. I do my best to separate out what I believe from what I've found- or witnessed- actual evidence for. (which, when you're dealing with the supernatural in general, is actually quite a bit)
Old 14-04-2016, 05:23 AM
Deactivated Account

Sorry, I wasn't trying to sound hazy with my information. I don't think you and I are going to get along very well. So, I'll end the conversation here. I hope you find whomever or whatever you're looking for.
Old 14-04-2016, 11:06 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreenQueen
Yeah, that's my style of thinking, too. I don't remember specifics, I don't remember detail, but I can make random leaps and comparisons and overarching patterns.

if you ask me to write out the stuff I consider in a linear fashion it comes out so ugly. It looks so beautfiul when I think about it though!

But anyway sometimes I get a short description and then can extrapolate to a bigger story without any real thought.
Quote:
I had a dream that I *was* a dragon once. Maybe I should post it here. I tried to keep a dream journal when I was young, and started up again on Lucidipedia.com, but then I kept forgetting to again.
It makes sense that you would have a good memory of the dragons since you chose green as your color I took a quick peek at the opening of your dream earlier and one of your comments struck me immediately: you chose wings rather than levitation. I've known for a while that is the kind of choice I would make as well although I'm used to thinking in terms of 'human' bodies.
Quote:
Maybe if I do more meditation/yoga/qi gong/tai chi I'll adjust to it better.
yes physical forms of meditation might help you channel it better...
Quote:
Trouble is, whenever I even stick my toe out in the direction of good and self-improvement, it seems to leap on me like an overeager puppy.

I'm very lucky in that regard, of course. Some people have to dig hard to find it. The puppy just leaves me with some serious scratches and nips.
lol i wish i had your problem.... I'm stuck in a desert hunting for water sigh.
Quote:

What would you like to know? It just means I've never been sexually or romantically attracted to anyone. There's more detail, but idk if you want to get into it.
well this is a topic I haven't heard about , if you feel like telling i would like to hear.
Quote:
Why do you say that?
just the way it seemed.
Quote:

I don't know how any of this really works. Do any of us??
I've got the general lay of the land... I have what I think is a reasonable idea about trends. Still working on details, but I'm not sure right now if I want to continue. I keep wondering when is enough enough?
Quote:

Yeah, unfortunately I have to toe a line here, since I've already had a minor psychotic break before. If I start claiming that God is coming down on me in the wrong environment, I may end up back in a mental health department. But, when I talk to Pentecostals about needing to shut off the influx, and it being taxing, they know exactly what I mean.

I had my fun with being psychotic too
Quote:

Again, do any of us even know what "it" is? According to the Dao I couldn't tell you in words even if I wanted to. Some people can have patron gods or spirit guides, maybe, but as near as I can tell this is just plain old Universe/Oneness/God.

[/quote]
The daoists had concrete reasons for saying what they did about telling people things. Everything said in the Tao Te Ching for example was considered and reasoned about, I think people sense there is a deep pattern to it when they read it but noone really knows why they feel that way. I learned a lot while trying to figure out their reasoning process...

As far as what people know, it seems to me like we spend a lot of time making up how we want it to be and then defending our choices (me included). But it also seems to me that everything that has been postulated has also been tried, and come up wanting.
Old 13-06-2016, 06:24 AM
Knower
Well apparently this story has spawned some metaphysical things going on . . .

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...d.php?t=102213

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...d.php?t=102304

I drew that cute little dragonet on DeviantArt's Muro board. It is a lot of fun to reply with pictures in a forum!

"The brain was billions of years or more in the making. Each one is a unique make and model. What will you do with yours?" quoted from here *taps head*