Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 26-09-2019, 04:42 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
That is very interesting jojo50. I have often sensed that there are two different types of knowledge in the world (if not more)....one true and one false. It uplifts my heart to hear you explain the difference so well.

You cannot have ' True ' without ' False '.

What you think of as being true knowledge can suddenly become false,
The world was seen as being flat, now we know it isn't, true became false as new information came to light and changed the knowledge.
Old 26-09-2019, 02:53 PM
Ascender
Quote:
That is very interesting jojo50. I have often sensed that there are two different types of knowledge in the world (if not more)....one true and one false. It uplifts my heart to hear you explain the difference so well.

all Glory goes to Jehovah God, only by means of his Holy Spirit, can I respond correctly. if I didn't allow him, I wouldn't have known how to explain it. and if I tried to, it wouldn't have made any sense. because it wouldn't have been his words ,but mine. this is why he told us to always post verses. and to NOT lean on our onw understanding. so that people would know ,that it's his words. I'm happy, it lift your spirits. Jehovah words always lifts mine! peace
Old 26-09-2019, 03:25 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiian Dreams
Thank you as well Jojo. I did not grow up in a church or even grew up Christian. My little knowledge and experience with my faith led me to believe that God and Jesus Christ was one in the same. The verses you quote makes sense in explaining that they indeed are two separate entities. Over the last two weeks I have prayed to each of them individually, and can feel their energies are separate. Your post only affirms it for me.

you're very welcome but all Glory goes to Jehovah God. I Love Jesus, as I'm sure you do. this is why I try hard to follow in his steps ,(Luke 9:23 And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me).

at one time I didn't know ANYTHING about a God called (English) Jehovah. until someone showed me this verse ,(Exo. 6:3 and I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them). I need to know more. i had many question, not knowing that i was seeking something.

though I was never a dummy, lol I was blinded by satan to NOT recognize that "LORD" and "GOD" are titles, NOT NAMES. the name Jehovah has been removed from MANY verses in the bible by men. they NOT understanding, that if he wants his name known, it will be. that's why you will always see that name at least once in EVERY BIBLE.

when Jesus said this ,(John 5:30 I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me). I KNEW he was WITH A GOD, and NOT part of a God. he said this also ,(Matt. 7:21 Not every one that said unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that do the will of my Father which is in heaven).

here, he help me to understand, that though we MUST follow in his steps. because he set a find example for us. it's HIS FATHER, who we must worship and obey. if we want life. Jesus said this too ,(John 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent). he called HIS FATHER..."the ONLY TRUE GOD." NOTICE, he didn't call HIMSELF the "TRUE GOD."

Jesus is our sacrificial (HUMAN) Lamb. in the days of old, they had to use an actual Lamb for their sins. in order for their prayers to be heard by Jehovah God. but once Jesus came and died a righteous man. HE became the way for our prayers to be heard by his Father.

see (John 14:6 Jesus said unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes unto the Father, but by me.). and (1Tim. 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus). this is why we must begin or end our prayers..."in Jesus name." peace
Old 26-09-2019, 04:22 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo50
all Glory goes to Jehovah God, only by means of his Holy Spirit, can I respond correctly. if I didn't allow him, I wouldn't have known how to explain it. and if I tried to, it wouldn't have made any sense. because it wouldn't have been his words ,but mine. this is why he told us to always post verses. and to NOT lean on our onw understanding. so that people would know ,that it's his words. I'm happy, it lift your spirits. Jehovah words always lifts mine! peace

' NOT lean on our onw understanding.'

Repeating Parrot fashion is not knowledge, if you don't use your own understanding you don't have any useful information that would lead to knowledge.
Old 26-09-2019, 05:34 PM
Experiencer

The part where you mentioned Jehovah being God's name really made me tingly all over my body. To this day, I always prayed to God or Lord, but never called Him by name. I have a good friend who's taken a path to seek him in foreign lands, and she always calls on Him by name, and I just never understood it.

Thank you. I needed to understand this.
Old 04-11-2019, 04:27 PM
Master
It strikes me that the universal I AM and God are two different types of knowledge. One can grow to know I AM and also one can grow to know God. However the experience of the knowledge one has is different between the two.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 04-11-2019, 05:24 PM
Master

Quote:
It strikes me that the universal I AM and God are two different types of knowledge. One can grow to know I AM and also one can grow to know God. However the experience of the knowledge one has is different between the two.

To me knowledge, Christ is the great "I AM" and we are also images of this great "I AM", because we also use the "I am" and we are made in His image, but our "I am" it's a false one, it's an illusion, it does not exist, it's a construct of the human mind.Christ even said it that if we want to follow Him, we have to deny our own selves, we have to give up on our self made image about us.

Have you ever found yourself having bad thoughts? Then it felt like you are a bad person for having bad thoughts, right? Well, you are not, thoughts are like the wind, they come and they go, they are not who you are, but if you believe them, they define you.Meditation thought me that if I stop feeding my thoughts, they cease to define who I am, my self made image about the "I am" disappears slowly, leaving behind freedom and clarity of mind.
Old 04-11-2019, 05:59 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMan
To me knowledge, Christ is the great "I AM" and we are also images of this great "I AM", because we also use the "I am" and we are made in His image, but our "I am" it's a false one, it's an illusion, it does not exist, it's a construct of the human mind.Christ even said it that if we want to follow Him, we have to deny our own selves, we have to give up on our self made image about us.

Have you ever found yourself having bad thoughts? Then it felt like you are a bad person for having bad thoughts, right? Well, you are not, thoughts are like the wind, they come and they go, they are not who you are, but if you believe them, they define you.Meditation thought me that if I stop feeding my thoughts, they cease to define who I am, my self made image about the "I am" disappears slowly, leaving behind freedom and clarity of mind.

When Jesus said we have to deny ourselves didn't he mean our wants and needs etc: ?
Old 04-11-2019, 06:07 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
When Jesus said we have to deny ourselves didn't he mean our wants and needs etc: ?

From where do these wants and needs come?
Old 04-11-2019, 06:25 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMan
From where do these wants and needs come?

Some come from normal life's necessities/family ties/responsibilities etc:.
Some come from selfishness /greed etc: It depends on the situation and what are these ' Wants and needs '