Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > General Paranormal

Old 28-09-2011, 04:27 PM
Mary Baker

Dark hooded figure

Here is an experience I had about forty years ago. Anyone else had this experience?

My older sister, , her two children and my three children on a rainy dark day were going to visit relatives in another town. She was driving, I sitting beside her and all the children in the back seat.As we passed through the countryside in late winter or early spring I saw ahead of us standing about ten feet off to the side of the road in a field a dark form. While still too great a distance away to tell much about it in the rain, I somehow I knew it was something alive. I said nothing but continued to stare at it. When we were closer I could see it appeared to be a human like form clad in a long black robe with a face concealing hood, Arms down at the sides also concealed in the robe. It seemed very tall and was leaning forward at an angle that a person could not maintain without losing balance. It seemed to be gazing intently at the scudding dark clouds behind us. I could sense it was somehow exerting a great effort of some kind.
I cannot explain how I knew, but I did know it was not human. It seemed to radiate an emotional "field" that made me feel helpless and terrified that if this creature should shift it's attention to us it would be lethal. It emanated a great and terrible aura of power. Though I did not feel it was evil or had evil intent toward us it was rather as if we were bugs in the path of an uncaring giant who would step on us and crush us beneath it's foot without intention or even caring thinking about it. We simply did not matter to it. I said nothing. I was afraid to say or even think anything that might draw it's attention to us.
As we passed the "specter" my sister exclaimed, "What is that thing? It looks like a witch casting a spell!!!
I did not see it as a witch or anything else familiar. To me it was simply something horribly other and powerful and frightening. I did not want to pursue the subject and said, "I don't know but just keep driving!"
My son also saw it. Later we all drew pictures and compared them. They were alike. My sister and son said they did not feel afraid, but awe struck.

Anyone else?
Old 28-09-2011, 05:12 PM
mattie

Did Others Feel The Same?

Did the others also feel they could possibly be destroyed by this figure too or were you the only one who had this fear?
Old 28-09-2011, 08:42 PM
nightowl

This is an interesting story. Why do you think you felt differently about the figure then the others? I have experienced seeing something I couldn't explain, a figure that seemed quite scary at the time, but not threatening...I think that sometimes we come upon beings who have slipped through the veil to this side for some purpose and I am not sure we will always know why. It does stick with you though huh?

Could be it was a place in your journey where you were able to see this figure as a lesson or insight of stretching your perception, maybe it was showing you the ability to sense energy different then others? Something to think about...
Old 28-09-2011, 09:18 PM
Master
Downright fascinating story, Mary. Who could argue with all of you having seen this and yet each had a slightly different take on what it was. I was going to comment on how rare, maybe people just don't end up talking about similar experiences for fear of being thought a bit off. I'd really like to know what that was myself. Thx for sharing that.

Old 29-09-2011, 03:15 AM
Mary Baker

Yes, it does seem to be rare, however my brother said he and his son in law saw something thataffected them similarly some twenty miles from there in the early morning but his opinion was of something resembling the "Bigfoot" stories. It could be the same entity using a different "disguise" to avoid contact. I also was told by a friend in another country that his sister encountered something similar to the discription I gave.

I can't say I felt the entity would destroy me but that it could and that i was in danger. I was terrified where as my sister and son just felt in awe of it. Maybe I am just more easily frightened than they. Actually, it was not the appearance that cused my terror but that the being seemed to radiate an "emotional field". Had it not been for that I think I would have guessed it was someone in a strange long,hooded raincoat and wondered how it stayed standing at such an angle. I would have been curious rather than scared silly. I am not ordinarily superstitious and expect ordinary explanations for things.

I tend to think the idea of something slipping through the cracks, so to speak, of another dimension my explain it. I don't know.
Old 29-09-2011, 11:25 PM
Sangress

I've heard a lot of stories like this one. I know a lot of spirits that fit that description pretty closely.

It's a pretty common affect of those kinds of spirits to either enchant people or terrify them depending on how metaphysically sensetive a person is. Usually the enchanted people are the ones who are vulnerable rather than the ones who are afraid. Most people with common sense know not to approach certain beings because it could be taken as a "challenge."

It would have taken a lot of energy to show itself, I would imagine it had done it for its own reasons and you may have just happened to pass by at that point.

If anything, it was probably calling to another of its kind, projecting its aura as far as possible, trying to be a conspicuious as possible.

I wasn't there though, so I cant be sure.
Old 01-10-2011, 02:00 AM
Mary Baker

Sounds like a likely explanation. Thanks Sangress.
Old 10-11-2011, 11:10 AM
vulkus

What you saw goes by many names and many labels. Look up the 'Black hat man' and see what you come up with. The Black Hat man, is an entity that is seen all around the world, those that do see it often have an immediate feeling of forboding or dread. Others have been chased by this entity, it is one of the only true entities that exists in both realms simultaneously. It can either help or hinder. Go watch the movie 'Moth man prophecies' very good movie but also another version of the Black Hat man.

One more thing, you can summon the Black Hat man, however you can be physically injured by this entity. If it cuts you, you will bleed. It does not appear during astral projection, it has the ability to pull you out. A very fascinating creature.