Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Quotes & Stories

Old 21-02-2016, 11:13 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I am surprised he said that, because it is not true, we here, all know this. But, he was
an intellectual and an author, not really what I would
call a teacher or master.

If you feel good you are doing the right thing; feeling ego
satisfaction is not the same thing.
-Bentinio Massaro

Like all masters and teachers if you want to name them that, people basically relate to where they reside within whoever they are and where their focus lays at any given moment of their world and life. So I guess Leo felt this way in himself where he was looking, viewing at the time.

I guess in his view he was looking outward and placing his focus in that quote in the view of others around him, in his space. Most inward reflecting people tend to do the opposite anyway.

All the same he is onto something in part of the whole nature of truth. But then I see truth in everything but that is just me of course.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 22-02-2016, 03:48 AM
Master
Observe and in that observation their is neither the observer nor the observed there is only the observation taking place.-Krishnamurti

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 22-02-2016, 05:29 AM
Master
God is the experience of looking at a tree and saying, "Ah!"

~ Joseph Campbell

Old 25-02-2016, 11:19 AM
Master
“If most human beings truly realized the impact that they have on the whole, they’d be crushed by the realization of it. But what I’m talking about is being thrilled by it. All you have to do is say yes. Don’t make some big project out of it. Don’t make some big deal out of it. Just say yes. You don’t even know what it means to say yes, but you say it anyway. You’ll never know what it means to say yes, but you do it anyway. Freedom and love arise when you die into the unknown mystery of being.”

~ Adyashanti

Old 28-02-2016, 11:19 AM
Master
"'Saving all beings' is not something that you do. Saving all beings is a verb that you become. You become the saving of all beings. That is what you are. In that there is, quite naturally, the very spontaneous and effortless manifestation of love, compassion, wisdom, and a dedication to the Truth above all else. Saving all beings is not what you do; it is the definition of what you are."

~ Adyashanti

Old 28-02-2016, 12:36 PM
Master
"The Ego is an exquisite instrument. Enjoy it, use it - just don't get lost in it."

~ Ram Dass
Old 28-02-2016, 03:40 PM
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olivia13
"The Ego is an exquisite instrument.
Enjoy it, use it - just don't get lost in it."

~ Ram Dass
Exactly!! So many do not understand the ego..it is not all bad!
Good one, Olivia.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 28-02-2016, 03:54 PM
Master
Thanks, Miss Hep!
Old 01-03-2016, 05:40 AM
Master
“The falling away of self means both the falling away of self and Self, as in True Self. It is beyond both individual self and universal self. And yes, it is beyond all distinctions, categorizations, and descriptions. One cannot open the door to no-self by any means, but one can stop holding the door closed.

That is all that is required.”

~ Adyashanti

Old 01-03-2016, 10:47 AM
Master
"I came into the unknown and stayed there unknowing ..."

~ John of the Cross

In deepest solitude I found the narrow way: a secret giving such release…

~John of the Cross