Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 08-12-2011, 03:21 PM
Greenlove92

Material objects or a job?

Hi :) i am new to afirmations. I was wondering if it is ethical to ask for material objects. Exemple: a good laptop at an afordable price.
Or should i ask instead for a part time job i enjoy that i can conceliate with studies and that will get me money to aford the things i want?

Hope the question is clear enough... :p thank you for your insights.
Old 08-12-2011, 03:27 PM
Master

If you wonder at all if it is ethical, my hunch is that the affirmation won't even work - your heart isn't going to be in it. The part time job option sounds like it is more likely to work out. It will also help if you combine the affirmations with going out and applying for jobs ;)
Old 08-12-2011, 03:29 PM
Occultist

That is a personal question I think that needs only you to answer but I can try to help you find your views on this.
1. your asking so in a way you feel guilty for asking for material things.'
What faith are you? or what faith does your family practise?.
I mean I think this is a inward question that only you can answer for me I ask for things all the time needs and wants. But thats me.
Old 08-12-2011, 04:10 PM
Greenlove92

Thank you both. I just got my answer when starting to think about my beliefs... :p the answer was right in front of me. Sorry for wasting your time...
I will explain for future reference. :p well i COULD ask for the pc, which i NEED for school kind of NOW! But on the other way, after the pc, i'll need the MP3, the cellphone, the clothes... All of which my parents can't aford. Ever heard that the hungry is better served when thought how to fish then when given a fish to eat? I think it applies here too. I could use some financial independence not only for my own pleasures but to help those i love with the expenses. :)

Thank you for putting me on the right track.

Now i can't actively search for a job (because my dad isn't too much into it) but if i am offered a job without asking then he'll be ok with it (weird dad psichology :p). Yeah, i'm 19 o_o

So how could i afirm that please?

Blessings,
Greenlove.
Old 08-12-2011, 04:14 PM
Master

It would be better to work with your dad than your affirmation right now. Sorry for being practical-minded. Ask him, if the recession gets even worse in a while, if it would be a good thing for you to have a little work experience in your belt when you HAVE to start competing with everyone else for what work openings there actually are left. If I was your dad I would be joyous that you was interested in finding a job at all.
Old 08-12-2011, 04:25 PM
Greenlove92

@whitewarrior
I tried to talk to him before but nay. I have tried the practical way :)