Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 21-08-2013, 05:54 AM
sarahlouw

Unhappy feel really silly for feeling this way :(

I woke up 30 mins ago in tears... my nightmare was myself and a friend were away on a course and a man with short dark hair and a moustache had a go at me about where I had parked my car I remember it wasn't illegal it was just near his house... I stood up for myself which isn't like me I'm normally the quiet one...then I turned my back after when he walked back into his house..minutes later I had a sharp burning pain in my back which when I woke still felt sore. Then I was crying, my husband seeing I was upset hugged me and when I tried to tell him about it I started crying uncontrollably. Now I feel really low and depressed and want to cry. I get dreams that leave me feeling like this all the time and can't cope with it. I meditate and still doesn't help if anyone has any ideas that would help I would really appreciate it. Thank you in advance

Blessed be xxx
Old 21-08-2013, 08:02 PM
Suspended
When you stand up for yourself, don't turn your back. Don't turn your back on lifes problems. Stand up and be a Warrior!
Old 28-08-2013, 03:21 PM
Raven Poet

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahlouw
I woke up 30 mins ago in tears... my nightmare was myself and a friend were away on a course and a man with short dark hair and a moustache had a go at me about where I had parked my car I remember it wasn't illegal it was just near his house... I stood up for myself which isn't like me I'm normally the quiet one...then I turned my back after when he walked back into his house..minutes later I had a sharp burning pain in my back which when I woke still felt sore. Then I was crying, my husband seeing I was upset hugged me and when I tried to tell him about it I started crying uncontrollably. Now I feel really low and depressed and want to cry. I get dreams that leave me feeling like this all the time and can't cope with it. I meditate and still doesn't help if anyone has any ideas that would help I would really appreciate it. Thank you in advance

Blessed be xxx
Dear Sarahlouw: please do not allow your self to feel silly about what is happening. I am so sorry this has been so difficult for you. I know its been a while since you posted this, but I wanted to post a response here to offer some caring support.

What I have done when I was ready to explore these upsetting types of dreams is come at them from my higher self (or whatever term you like to use to describe your spiritual self). Through meditation (which you already do), I've been able to distinguish my "higher self" - the one that is loving, strong, and powerful and KNOWS I am loved and invincible, from my "lower self" which contains my human weakness and ego-based traits and THINKS I am worthless and vulnerable.

I make a little ritual out of preparing to examine the dream - I gather what speaks of comfort and protection to me (sometimes plant medicine, sometimes crystals, or pictures of my spirit guardians, the Wolf and the Raven). I also call on all my guardians and protectors to keep me safe as I go into the exploration process.

Feeling protected and fortified, I then visualize myself as a favourite type of "hero" - any character from a favourite childhood book or movie, or sometimes I see myself as a magical, wise Goddess or (as Thunder Bow suggests) a Spiritual Warrior - strong, powerful, able. I then explore the dream with some input from a dream analysis book or meditative writing; I come at it from this higher self with a mindframe of looking for the gold - something that the dream is giving me to help me grow or strengthen spiritually. I think that's what dreams are: they are either messengers trying to help us grow, or they are psychological garbage that, while upsetting, are just "brain dumps" and have no significance whatsoever to the true value and beauty of our soul selves. From practice, I am able to distinguish guidance dreams and garbage dreams.

Some dreams still upset me, but I am able to soothe myself and relieve myself from the sadness or fear more quickly from this practice; I have managed to work at establishing a "recovery" strategy so these heavy, dark dreams don't drag me down for too long.

Which dreams do you think could contain some guidance about what you need to work on in your waking life to grow some more, and which dreams are just garbage for you to briefly acknowledge then completely let go of?

I hope you are finding comfort and relief from these dreams ...
Old 28-08-2013, 08:55 PM
Administrator
The dream you had is telling you to stand tall .stand up for yourelf dont be the wall flower and let things or people take advantage of you,the shot in the back is a wake up call telling you to toughen up ,put your foot down and dont be afraid to say no.

Namaste