Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 05-02-2013, 08:04 PM
reigns

Don´t know

Who I really am. Today it hit me that I don´t know for sure, I have just seen a glimpse of what human is. And heard lot of conceptions of truth, but not knowing it really, to know is to really, deeply know, experience it, unfold it.
Old 05-02-2013, 08:35 PM
Master
Don't know who I really am

Live you life in simplicity and peace, and be open to love and happiness. That's who you'll be reigns. You are whatever you do.
Old 09-05-2013, 10:48 PM
goldie08

Quote:
Originally Posted by reigns
Who I really am. Today it hit me that I don´t know for sure, I have just seen a glimpse of what human is. And heard lot of conceptions of truth, but not knowing it really, to know is to really, deeply know, experience it, unfold it.
------------
What makes it difficult at the beginning is that we identify ourselves directly with our physical being - our brain, our sight, hearing, endless thoughts, habits, likes and dislikes, memories. All these tend to tell us we are here because our senses confirm it. What you need to learn is "detachment", to step outside of your bubble, you can say, and move from the limited personal self to the universal, unlimited greater Self. This is done by standing aside from your sense impressions; become aware of the "Observer" - You, the real YOU.

The more you learn to function from the unattached state (be in the world but not of it), the more you begin to live in the eternal "I" awareness. You are not the body, not the mind, not your thoughts. You are "King Life" - Spirit manifesting in a dimension governed by time and space yet not limited by it.

------

Just my way of seeing things. Hope it helps.
Old 09-05-2013, 10:53 PM
amy green

Reigns - do you meditate? If so, this is a simple way to see the difference between ego and spirit/your essence.
Our worldy identity/ID is our ego which can be seen as illusory and in a state of flux.