Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 21-02-2011, 05:25 AM
FourtySix&2

New to chakra meditation, looking for suggestions and sharing my experience thusfar

Let me first explain my method of energizing my root chakra, which is the one that I am focusing on at present as I am new to this.

I lay on my back, fully stretched out on the bed with a pillow under my head. Arms are either at my side, or on my chest. The room is dark, the atmosphere is either quiet or I play some ambient meditation tape(just music no voices) by kelly howell or the like.

I begin by relaxing and becoming aware of my entire body. I breath deep through the nose, as deep as possible, deep belly breaths, and then slowly exhale through the mouth. I do this a few times, and then later on I usually repeat this breathing. Because I notice if I do it to many times in a row I get light headed :) . However I try to maintain focus on breathing the entire time.

By this point I am pretty relaxed. I focus on the base of my spine and envision a spinning red flower like disk, and I envision white light and energy from the earth filling this disk with light. I also envision a spark of divine white light at my core and as I breath this expands. I continue to envision myself drawing energy into my body through the soles of my feet, and also from all around me.

After doing this for about 15 minutes, I begin to feel tingling in my legs. So far I have gotten it to travel up to about thigh level. I also notice that as I am drawing energy into my body, I get very warm, especially my hands, they get hot. I sleep in the basement and I am usually very cold.

I also get a warm feeling in the pit of my stomach, and a heat/itch (its hard to describe and its also subtle) at the base of my spine.

Lastly I noticed last night that I had what felt like a pressure headache. Could that be from the deep breathing? I dont know. Basically I would like some advice from more experienced souls who do this kind of thing, what can I improve on, and am I doing anything wrong.

And these strange sensations, what are they?

P.S. After about a half hour I also notice my thoughts tend to center around love, I envision mother earth and I see nature, and my family and I speak words such as "I am one with the earth and all of earths creatures, I am a perfect being of light" , and so on. :)
Old 21-02-2011, 11:51 PM
MYFIGO

Hello, perhaps you would like to try this method of focus.

I use relaxed breathing also, but I don't concentrate on it being so deep as much as I visualize the energy of it passing through various parts of the body as I exhale. For instance, the first set of three is exhaled gently but the focus is on the belly. I visualize the energy of the breath being able to pass through the belly and out into the atmosphere. Then the next set of three breaths is focused going down the arms and out the fingers and beyond. Then the next go through the legs and out the feet. Then, top of the head, front of the head, back of the head, nape of the neck up and down the spinal column and back to the belly again. Finally, the whole body is last.

There is another breathing meditation that I use that focuses on points all around the arms and each leg and is very effective for relaxation. I only use two breaths on this exercise, unless I cannot feel anything and I know the energy pathway is blocked. You should be able to feel a tingle where ever your focus is.

I thought you might also enjoy a free pdf book link that I came across that explains about drawing the energy up through the body. Just going through the first half of the book and practicing the methods was very effective.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/19737965/New-Energy-WaysEnergy-Body-ManipulationDelvelopment-and-SelfHealing-System
Old 22-02-2011, 04:48 AM
FourtySix&2

nice, thanks for the great link I read about 8 pages already, some useful stuff there.
Old 27-02-2011, 05:00 AM
FourtySix&2

bump, any more feedback would be greatly appreciated, thanks guys & gals
Old 27-02-2011, 06:54 PM
star-child

Doreen Virute does a chakra clearing book and CD of chakra clearing meditations, I have the book and have found it really helpful.