Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 06-02-2024, 04:50 PM
Pathfinder

Are we all in the same boat?

Hi everyone. Some recent events in my life have got me to thinking about this. I'm starting to question if there really is anyone that is better off than anyone else.
Is there someone who can't be shaken up? Someone who is indestructible?
Do you think that there is such a person or are we all really in the same boat?
Old 06-02-2024, 05:52 PM
Knower

I like to think we are all in the same boat because I 'm having a hard time. Not in a sadistic way, but one totally neutral.....
Old 06-02-2024, 06:17 PM
I think we are different in many ways..if we are in the same boat, I dunno.

I give the example often: A person goes to their car in a parking and screams and goes crazy finding someone dented his car!
A Buddhist walks out finds the same thing, looks up and says, What beautiful cloud.

Some of us have made our boat with an umbrella and cushions.
Some are rocking it all the time creating problems
My take.

A friend of decades inherited 3+million dollars...she has a Guru for 50 yrs. She is SO unhappy---she tries to be happy ..but man,
she is hard to even be around she is so negative.
And everyone realizes it, also...no one hikes with her , eats with her anymore.
She just complains all the Time! It's an amazing thing. (But she is a good person.)

People with much less money are WAY happier than her.
Same boat?...doesn't seem it.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 06-02-2024, 06:26 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturningMoon
Hi everyone. Some recent events in my life have got me to thinking about this.
Do you think that there is such a person or are we all really in the same boat?

Imo no, but in the same storm
Old 06-02-2024, 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
Imo no, but in the same storm
Deep, smart. :)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 06-02-2024, 07:17 PM
Burntfruit

I sometimes think I have an advantage because of natural intellect. But there are a wide range of talents, and I feel success comes from being kind, determined & having integrity. These traits are available to all, so yes the boat is the same
Old 06-02-2024, 08:09 PM
Administrator
This is difficult to answer why because we are all different.
we may go through traumas no money etc,
but I have always believed that spirit will help you only have to ask

Do we go through times that are tough yes we do we all do.
so in a way as much as we are individuals we are in the same boat

Namaste
Old 06-02-2024, 08:56 PM
Master
It seems like we are all in the same boat...... so do we have volunteers as to who wants to leave because the boat is leaking?

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 07-02-2024, 02:23 AM
Master
Human beings have a lot more in common than we do that is different, although we tend to focus more on our differences. We all have our uniqueness but it is also said that there is someone, or even many, in this world who looks and acts like you.

I searched my birth name online and found dozens of people with the same first and last name as me. Spiritually I feel we are all in the same boat, but some of us are in the front of the boat while others may be at the rear of the boat; some can see ahead better than others.

But no one in my opinion is better, or worst, than others; especially if we separate a person from their behavior. I can not mature without others and they also need people on their earthly journey. So in many ways we are inter-dependant, in my opinion.

Doctors tend to look at what is normal, and normal means the majority; normal, in many cases, is what most people seek. But those who excel go above normal, while those who suffer often seek normal. Lots of people who suffer want to be in the same boat as the majority. In my opinion.
Old 07-02-2024, 02:26 AM
Master
In my view, this earth life in duality offers a wide range of frequencies from the gross to the subtle. We may draw correspondence from the rainbow colours, the chakras within body, the three gunas* (* Satva - purity, Rajas - desire and Tamas - inertia) and so on. As such, we have on this planet, diverse life forms at different levels of evolution, operating at different frequencies.

At human level, it is clear that we stand at different states of being and even in our life span, we can plot the trajectory of our consciousness shifts; some aspects gentled, improved, others deteriorated and some tendencies in a mode of stagnation. Not all wish to improve however, much less even dwell on such matters …

About being shaken up, in time, all will awake no doubt. We are looking at beyond one life time to view this however.

The chakras system in the energy body is possibly the clearest measure of our evolutionary state, with zones below heart being our animal nature, instinctive, in the material and the ones above relating to the ethereal. The heart itself, as seat of soul, is where polarities merge eventually, enabling recognition of the truth of Self in singularity.

Earth life is unique that it’s like a springboard for ascent. It is a great school but it’s up to the student to learn, isn’t it?