Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 11-11-2017, 07:23 PM
Badcopyinc

Quote:
Originally Posted by WabiSabi
Wow, this thread escalated quite fast. That was certainly not my intent.

I was wondering about your post myself. It came across to me as quite sarcastic, but I didn't respond to it because I recognized that I may be wrong, and I try to not make such assumptions if I can help it. I can also be sarcastic at times, so I was wondering if I may be projecting. I was definitely aware of my intentions when making this thread, but I didn't realize those intentions would upset people.

I truly meant what I posted to you initially. Didn't not mean to come off sarcastic. If everyone only worried about themselves the word selfish wouldn't hold a negative meaning anymore.

I love when people are honest in that way and it makes me smile because that's a huge thing that a lot of people can't do!
Old 11-11-2017, 07:53 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badcopyinc
I truly meant what I posted to you initially. Didn't not mean to come off sarcastic. If everyone only worried about themselves the word selfish wouldn't hold a negative meaning anymore.

I love when people are honest in that way and it makes me smile because that's a huge thing that a lot of people can't do!
You mean like "Putting 'America' first" and so not 'worrying' about what happens to any others (other countries or or to life on the planet at large)? That sure is 'honest', but it doesn't make me smile. I don't see that "not holding a 'negative' meaning." An I am glad that a lot of people "can't" or is it "won't"?) do that, and wish more wouldn't be "positively" (in your eyes?) so.

I respect, but at the same time think and feel that its quite unfortunate, that you (and others) hold/embrace/laud such values (even though they were 'honest' about doing so - like white supremicists 'honestly' not 'worrying' as (you put it) what expressing and acting on the basis of said values actually did to others).

My original point, however, is that I thought and felt that your projecting such 'not-caring-what-happens-to-others' values onto WabiSabi was not only unwarranted but insulting - though you apparently thought you were 'lauding' him by saying those words presumably because you are 'proud' you 'honestly' think and feel that way in relation to others.

Just another case of different characters looking at the same 'reality' and seeing completely opposite 'truths', I think.
Old 11-11-2017, 08:20 PM
Badcopyinc

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
You mean like "Putting 'America' first" and so not 'worrying' about what happens to any others (other countries or or to life on the planet at large)? That sure is 'honest', but it doesn't make me smile. I don't see that "not holding a 'negative' meaning." An I am glad that a lot of people "can't" or is it "won't"?) do that, and wish more wouldn't be "positively" (in your eyes?) so.

I respect, but at the same time think and feel that its quite unfortunate, that you (and others) hold/embrace/laud such values (even though they were 'honest' about doing so - like white supremicists 'honestly' not 'worrying' as (you put it) what expressing and acting on the basis of said values actually did to others).

My original point, however, is that I thought and felt that your projecting such 'not-caring-what-happens-to-others' values onto WabiSabi was not only unwarranted but insulting - though you apparently thought you were 'lauding' him by saying those words presumably because you are 'proud' you 'honestly' think and feel that way in relation to others.

Just another case of different characters looking at the same 'reality' and seeing completely opposite 'truths', I think.

Apologies meant to quote WabiSabi

I fixed it should make more sense now. i shouldn't try to multitask while posting.
Old 11-11-2017, 08:37 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
Ok, I'm going to ask a basic question that happens on the world since it was specially asked is it perfect. We to are part of a thing of the universe. Of course such things don't occur out in space. What about such natural and real things such as birth defects, disease, etc. Reference the thought of "the" plan implies something to. learning. As far as pure perfect why do some suffer (go through) and some do not? Here I'm not talking about perception but natural occurrences.
Good question, IMO, lemex. I think any application of the idea that and so arriving at the conclusion that something or other is 'perfect' (or imperfect) depends on what the person applying such ideas holds to be of 'supreme' value.

The fact that 'death' is an inseparable part of 'life on earth', for instance, may result in some 'seeing' and 'deciding' that 'life' as it is on earth is 'imperfect', while other may 'see' that having 'death' be a natural part of 'life' on earth is a 'perfect' set-up because people are generally so unconscious that they tend not to fully appreciate everything, and, in this case, only learn to value and make the most of 'life' on earth because it isn't something they can completely 'take' for 'granted'.

Have you ever played the "If I was the 'ruler' of the universe, what would I choose to do ... " game? I was 'surprised' when I came to the conclusion (in my early thirties) that if I could eliminate all of the illness, pain, injustice, suffering, etc. in the world with just a 'snap' of my fingers, I wouldn't do so! Why? Because I 'saw' that if everyone was just hunky-dory 'happy' (by way of themselves and others being 'free' of being 'subject' to such sorts of things), things like 'empathy', 'compassion', 'love' (the 'caring' kind), and 'generosity' would never develop 'in' their 'souls'. And I began and still continue to process of 'seeing' that having such things unavoidably be part and parcel of earthly experience was a 'perfect' set-up because this world is the place where 'new' souls get 'born' and have a chance to develop to 'maturity' (in terms of becoming fully empathetic, compassionate, loving (the caring kind), and generously creative. Such a view (IMO) requires that one view and embrace 'earthly life' as being a 'hard' school, which is benevolent (in terms of ultimate effect), giving each and every soul that incarnates in it both the stimulus and the opportunity to 'grow' to 'maturity' - at which point it 'graduates' from said school and becomes and serves as an 'angelic' spirit-presence forever thereafter.

Hence my woohoo! celebratory gesticulations, as I join with others in celebrating the absolute wonderfulness of life on earth despite the experientally 'nasty' things you mention, which I in no way deny the experiential 'nastiness' of. No other kind of 'system' could more 'perfectly' nurture the actualization of such glorious result to 'fruition', IMO.

There is a long way any soul must go and one has to start 'small' (by taking 'small' steps in such direction) to get there. Based on my 75 years of experience, however, I can say that, despite the many difficulties, frustrations (in terms of what one 'wishes' were the case) and failures one may experience along the way, which are often really 'daunting' (I at least experienced many to be so), one's soul-development process eventually 'grows' in exponentially greater 'leaps and bounds' to the point where it becomes 'ecstatic' (at least in large measure)!

Old 15-11-2017, 12:26 AM
Master
all i no nthn no 1 is perfct we all amk mistks we do

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 15-11-2017, 05:08 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream jo
all i no nthn no 1 is perfct we all amk mistks we do

True dream but and what is the reason. Listen to the original question in it are two perspectives and it is things are not as they should be. When it is said it could be better, what could be better, this was not said. There is the theory of LoA for instance that says we can manifest what is around me and make it real. Was this idea presented to people, probably no. If it was not then then the original statement is true, it could be better. So the question is is there truth. But the idea of the imperfection of a human really has no affect on perfection of that which can be versus what is. What is is a potential but it still exists, it is there. If fact humans can use the perfection that exists because it is a state of potential and one just needs to learn and know the rules of it. Anything can be changed in perfection.

Now does being in the state or journey to it affect us?
Old 16-11-2017, 10:44 AM
Master
I really don't know, but all I can do is drop a quote which made me think long and hard about all of this:

Quote:
How would it be, after you die and you meet God only for Him to say "well, how did you like heaven"?
Old 16-11-2017, 12:55 PM
Master
I think CrystalSong's post in the thread relating to "The meek shall inherit the Earth" is also pertinent to the issue being discussed here:

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...85#post1665285

CS!
Old 16-11-2017, 05:13 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
I really don't know, but all I can do is drop a quote which made me think long and hard about all of this:
You could always answer, " I wasn't sure if it was heaven cuz I couldn't find you to ask" lol

The cessation of identifying with the fluctuations arising within consciousness
Old 16-11-2017, 06:20 PM
Master
Quote:
How would it be, after you die and you meet God only for Him to say "well, how did you like heaven"?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSky
You could always answer, " I wasn't sure if it was heaven cuz I couldn't find you to ask" lol
Speaking of 'come back' lines ... woohoo!