Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 07-08-2017, 11:28 PM
Master
Some will get a message to 'turn on the light' and some will get a message to 'surrender to the dark'.

The past week has been an accelerated stage in my growth process and I have also learned that some people are spiritual idealists without any practical application of their ideals, while others are realists and pragmatists, even if they are considered to have a dual-nature because at least they are doing something constructive.

Humans have the habit of demonising any agenda which isn't the current popular one to perpetuate its popularity - they are the orchestrators of the whole 'bandwagoning' phenomenon due to a need to be accepted inclusively.

For ages I thought I had a defect of character because other people could not relate to me...turns out I was trying to be like them when I was far from it. I was not being true to myself, to my inner nature - even if by doing so, it would basically put me at odds with almost everybody on the planet. Turns out I am not here to win any 'popularity contests' anyway.

The light calls people who are attuned to it and the dark calls people who are attuned to it and it's a 'karma thing'. I have also found that those of 'the light' will demonise and criticise those of 'the dark', but those of the dark couldn't care less about what those of 'the light' think - but they never criticise them - funny that.
Old 08-08-2017, 01:00 AM
Master

it crosses my mind... unless you are comfortable enough with the dark to feel your way around, you aren't going to find the light switch anyway.

on the endless talk yeah... surprised you didn't know that already... An awful lot of us just talk and nothing more... but it is hard to get beyond, talk is addictive. Maybe it is hard for you to see that because your background has been very hands on compared to the vast majority of people around.

unfortunately, once someone has claimed they like being part of the 'in' group they have to find someone to place outside the circle... because things work by comparison... they wouldn't get their 'fix' of 'feeling-goodness' if they didn't have someone else to denigrate in relation to their own position. So always, someone gets the short end of the stick.

my own defect is that 'I' couldn't relate to 'them'... which lasted a long time, until I was smart enough to see people deliberately put me in that situation and wouldn't help me out for anything. Now I don't care.

a lot (but not all) people in the light seem to be troublemakers. For many people, it would be much more honest if they would head for the dark places than to continue to behave as they are. But, society values the 'light' so that is where you find people congregate.
Old 08-08-2017, 01:15 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
it crosses my mind... unless you are comfortable enough with the dark to feel your way around, you aren't going to find the light switch anyway.

on the endless talk yeah... surprised you didn't know that already... An awful lot of us just talk and nothing more... but it is hard to get beyond, talk is addictive. Maybe it is hard for you to see that because your background has been very hands on compared to the vast majority of people around.

unfortunately, once someone has claimed they like being part of the 'in' group they have to find someone to place outside the circle... because things work by comparison... they wouldn't get their 'fix' of 'feeling-goodness' if they didn't have someone else to denigrate in relation to their own position. So always, someone gets the short end of the stick.

my own defect is that 'I' couldn't relate to 'them'... which lasted a long time, until I was smart enough to see people deliberately put me in that situation and wouldn't help me out for anything. Now I don't care.

a lot (but not all) people in the light seem to be troublemakers. For many people, it would be much more honest if they would head for the dark places than to continue to behave as they are. But, society values the 'light' so that is where you find people congregate.
Yeah, I was just living in denial, hoping things would get 'better' but I was setting that standard of what was 'better' anyway.

However, when it boils down to who isn't relating to whom, it's like trying to work out which came first, the chicken or the egg - so I put all of that in the 'too hard basket' and moved on.

The realisation came when I surrendered fully to what it was that I am inside...I finally allowed all the labels to stick because they are all self-serving anyway.

I am Aghori...I am Tantrika and you don't simply 'be friends' with us...you don't simply 'love' us. We exist to try and break all attachments in this world, including the attachments to other people, to love, to empathy and emotion to achieve the most grandiose, self-serving aim there is...Moksha.

I have learned that all of this...it's only my previous karma and samskaras going through their final 'death rattle' as I allow myself to settle into the garb of the most hated and feared species on the planet - that of an Indian Sadhu.

There's no point of me trying to feel emotions I simply cannot feel just to 'fit in' and 'make friends' and 'be accepted' and for ages I felt like I had got the 'short end of the stick' and complained bitterly about that, but I also realise that the ultimate end calls for the ultimate sacrifice.

I wasn't comfortable in the dark...reaching around for the light switch, but now I am no longer reaching for that switch and my eyes are slowly growing accustomed to it.
Old 08-08-2017, 08:18 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by SierraNevadaStar
I'm going through something I'd rather not share (for privacy reasons). Also, there's so much to it, it would take ages to write down here. Just the same, it has been a long, dark, steep and highly difficult road for a few years now. It's taken its toll on me to be certain and things have never been worse with it all than they are now. It feels like a great injustice has been done to me so much is wrapped up in countless lies and illusion. It hurts me a lot on a daily basis. I feel I'm being robbed of an important aspect of my destiny and in truth, I am. I am still getting messages to continue, to keep trying, but I feel like giving up.

So, more recently, I had one of my 'heavy' and spiritual dreams. While I was waking up and was still in the hypnapompic state, I 'saw' with my inner vision some text before me. What I was able to retain from it was the following: "Turn on the light and the imbalances of truth and justice will withdraw themselves." Then, still in my inner vision, I saw a light go on that shone with a golden glow.

Suffice it to say, I'm very grateful for this insight and as much as I may be well-versed in some aspects of the spiritual, I am not sure if I can ever 'turn on the light' enough to 'turn the tide,' you know? I am not even sure I know how to turn on the light consistently enough to effect grandiose and lasting changes.

The situation I'm in is bad and it's heartbreaking. With a mind that was 'conditioned' to worry, to doubt, and to fear early on, it feels like the odds are against me -- that, and because of my present 'status' in life.

I try to practice creative visualization, but with my aforementioned drawbacks and the colossal size of the oppressive scenario, it's hard to 'make it work.' I'd be crying right about now, but it seems my tears have finally dried up because I just feel so 'spent' with regards to this ordeal and am bordering on hopelessness.

I'm wondering if some of you might have ideas on how to 'turn on the light' and to keep it on. Have any of you been in a tough, dire situation that seemed to be heading for total disaster only to save it in the end by bringing more light and positivity to the situation? I know that a big part of 'turning on the light' is raising one's vibration and I do manage to do that, but only for a short time before I spiral downward all over again. So, in short, I'm getting nowhere.

Thanks to anyone who offers me some advice and/or consolation. I really appreciate it. Blessings to you all!

P.S. I wasn't sure where to post this, but here. If it better suits another board, I'm fine with having it moved!
Its possible you've been too busy trying ...I've found that when you get to the stage where you no longer know what to do, in other words give up, admit you just don't know, let it go, surrender...that's when the light comes on and you see clearly.
Old 08-08-2017, 08:18 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by SierraNevadaStar
I'm going through something I'd rather not share (for privacy reasons). Also, there's so much to it, it would take ages to write down here. Just the same, it has been a long, dark, steep and highly difficult road for a few years now. It's taken its toll on me to be certain and things have never been worse with it all than they are now. It feels like a great injustice has been done to me so much is wrapped up in countless lies and illusion. It hurts me a lot on a daily basis. I feel I'm being robbed of an important aspect of my destiny and in truth, I am. I am still getting messages to continue, to keep trying, but I feel like giving up.

So, more recently, I had one of my 'heavy' and spiritual dreams. While I was waking up and was still in the hypnapompic state, I 'saw' with my inner vision some text before me. What I was able to retain from it was the following: "Turn on the light and the imbalances of truth and justice will withdraw themselves." Then, still in my inner vision, I saw a light go on that shone with a golden glow.

Suffice it to say, I'm very grateful for this insight and as much as I may be well-versed in some aspects of the spiritual, I am not sure if I can ever 'turn on the light' enough to 'turn the tide,' you know? I am not even sure I know how to turn on the light consistently enough to effect grandiose and lasting changes.

The situation I'm in is bad and it's heartbreaking. With a mind that was 'conditioned' to worry, to doubt, and to fear early on, it feels like the odds are against me -- that, and because of my present 'status' in life.

I try to practice creative visualization, but with my aforementioned drawbacks and the colossal size of the oppressive scenario, it's hard to 'make it work.' I'd be crying right about now, but it seems my tears have finally dried up because I just feel so 'spent' with regards to this ordeal and am bordering on hopelessness.

I'm wondering if some of you might have ideas on how to 'turn on the light' and to keep it on. Have any of you been in a tough, dire situation that seemed to be heading for total disaster only to save it in the end by bringing more light and positivity to the situation? I know that a big part of 'turning on the light' is raising one's vibration and I do manage to do that, but only for a short time before I spiral downward all over again. So, in short, I'm getting nowhere.

Thanks to anyone who offers me some advice and/or consolation. I really appreciate it. Blessings to you all!

P.S. I wasn't sure where to post this, but here. If it better suits another board, I'm fine with having it moved!
Its possible you've been too busy trying ...I've found that when you get to the stage where you no longer know what to do, in other words give up, admit you just don't know, let it go, surrender...that's when the light comes on and you see clearly.
Old 09-08-2017, 01:13 PM
Knower
Location: I'm a homesick Californian from Lake Tahoe/Truckee, living in England.
I agree with that, Emm: the more you try, the more the obtainment of the goal of your quest eludes you. When I am able to surrender, to let go, things seem to start improving rapidly for me. I would imagine that if I could just continue in that way, even this (disastrous) situation might well pick up too.

FallingLeaves, you're right. Of course we have to be in some kind of darkness so as to need to 'turn on the light.' I believe we all have light and darkness within us co-existing at the same time. We are one, or the other, and we are also both. Light and darkness both have their purposes and they serve us in different ways. I know I've dwelt more in the darkness too much and for too long, however. Honestly, I'm sick of it. I call this aspect of myself, "Dark Star" (my real name is, "Star" and I don't mind sharing that here.). I really need to be in the light again and here's where "Nature Grows" is right as well...

I do need to turn more toward my inner light. I have lost a lot of faith and that isn't something I'm proud of. I feel doubtful, I worry and I have so much fear. This is because I was 'conditioned' to from an early age on. I struggle with it on a daily basis because I know I have to be patient with myself. For a long time, it felt as though things in this situation were strongly going in my favor. Now, it is the complete opposite and it is hard to stay strong through it all. I know that the negative emotions which I feel are largely due to my reactions which are poor and due to old, negating patterns of thinking and behaving. I'm 'guilty' of constantly observing the situation and 'trying to figure things out' which only ever leads me down a labyrinthine pathway (hence, why I've become lost and 'in darkness').

So, again, like Emm said, I do need to let go. I fully believe in that practice and have experienced it for myself on multiple occasions, that doing so can change EVERYTHING. I've been in a fierce state of resistance for many months now and have been wanting to control things where I cannot. But really, I can control them by letting go; it's an antithesis but is how it works. I've known better all along, but haven't been practicing this 'betterness.' I've been weak.

I don't think it is so much a matter of seeing things 'clearly.' To a degree yes, but I think in my case I already know what I'm supposed to do -- have already been 'shown' or 'told' (I have certain 'abilities') this and that. However, I cannot fulfill these things until I go inside of myself more, uplift myself more. I fathom I do this by surrendering (like Emm said) because I have been in the dark (like FallingLeaves stated) and turning on my so-called inner 'love-light' (like Nature Grows) said.

Also, I do have a sense of humor, Nature Grows! I am fortunate to have that and a lot of strength as well. Indeed, they've both helped to carry me through what has been a very tough life so far. I'm thankful for them, I am. I also have a son and nurturing him seems to help me to remember to nurture myself as well.

I got some (even more) bad news today regarding the aforementioned predicament I'm in. My mood has changed and perhaps it isn't for the better as now I'm just angry -- at myself, at the other people involved, and at those 'On High' and Source too. The injustice continues, the deceit, and what has been stolen/plagiarized from me is still being kept from me. As things stand now, I think I can expect things to get even darker. But I also feel I helped to create what is happening now, back during the wintertime when "Dark Star" was 'shining' ever so darkly. So, we'll try to 'turn on the light ' and then into that 'light' we will go.

Lastly, I appreciate you all for taking the time to respond to my post with such care, compassion and thought. Thanks.

Last edited by SierraNevadaStar : 09-08-2017 at 04:34 PM.
Old 09-08-2017, 10:23 PM
Deactivated Account

I don't have much time to reply so will just get to the point

Often we find that when things go wrong it snowballs gathering momentum of negative thought and feeling until we get to the point where we have to give up or surrender. But there is another way out of this I've found and that's through appreciation of what you do find worth appreciating. Its this feeling of appreciation that kind of slows down this momentum of unwanted energy and slowly turns it around the other way. But it has to be genuinely felt...it doesn't have to be anything profound either any simple thing will do and just go around all day noticing things you do appreciate, gratitude naturally follows....then watch the magic happen. Life is energy, its just a matter of mastering our energy and molding it into something we prefer. Hope this helps.
Old 10-08-2017, 08:38 AM
Knower
Location: I'm a homesick Californian from Lake Tahoe/Truckee, living in England.
Emm, you're fab! ;-)

It is interesting your saying this about gratitude as I've been thinking about adding more gratitude to my daily journaling. I even created a, "Gratitude" board over at, "Pinterest" a few weeks back.

And yes, one of my goals is just that: to, at last, become a master of my own energy and create the life I want!

You've helped a lot and you know what? I am truly filled with gratitude for that. Thank you! Much appreciation!
Old 13-08-2017, 05:23 PM
Deactivated Account
Hi Sierra,

Quote:
and create the life I want!

maybe this can help you further, if you are interested:

The Silva Method's Reality Architects Explained!
Mirror of the Mind Exercise

And maybe A Course in Miracles.

or downloadable version of a ACIM - Sparkly version.
Old 14-08-2017, 06:58 PM
Knower
Dan_SF,

Thanks so much! I will definitely look into those!