Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 19-09-2012, 04:58 AM
Henri77

Quote:
Originally Posted by sound
A simple question, inspired by recent comments which have appeared on the boards here and there, together with recent personal experience here on the boards ...
To kick it off, Being loving, for me, entails expressing loving concern (through my actions and reactions) for the well-being of all that which I share my experience with, which also includes being loving to myself ...

*Thanks in advance for all contributions

Why not ask your angels for advice ?
They know what's best for you, to DO.... at your stage of development.
We all have our own challenges, personal history,
and ability to express-accept love.

also
What goes on in our mind has a huge influence on who we become, allow ourselves to be in daily life.

Defining things is entertaining ,but often useless to anyone but ones self.
just my opinion

hope others can offer more useful answers

(I'm just a bit shy, socially ...and can share love far more deeply, at a distance, through spirit... with none of the social restrictions-inhibitions)
Actually not shy about love... but social customs make expressing it a bit akward (in my conservative Norwegian midest area)

I DO miss the trusting, flowerchild era.
Old 19-09-2012, 05:11 AM
Henri77

Many children have no fears-inhibitions ... and like puppys... beam loving enthusiasm
Old 19-09-2012, 07:39 AM
silent whisper

Being loving through the full expression of love entails a very broad spectrum...but for me its foundation comes back to allowing fully....myself and others...in the space of allowing I open my heart fully to allow in and allow outward reflections of love..in the expression unique to myself..and others
Old 19-09-2012, 08:11 AM
Buzz

When you catch a wave you have 2 choices. Tail off at some point or allow the power of it to run it's course and take you where it will.
I have no idea how to make waves but I do enjoy riding them.
Old 19-09-2012, 09:13 AM
amy green

Angel1

Quote:
Originally Posted by silent whisper
Being loving through the full expression of love entails a very broad spectrum...but for me its foundation comes back to allowing fully....myself and others...in the space of allowing I open my heart fully to allow in and allow outward reflections of love..in the expression unique to myself..and others
It's a beautiful way to be....an open heart is golden.

Old 19-09-2012, 10:27 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I usually say, don't try to love, but people try to love me anyway., coz really they dont
Yes that's the key word, "try", if your trying to love someone, well, its never going to be love, at least not while your trying.
Old 19-09-2012, 11:19 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
Yes that's the key word, "try", if your trying to love someone, well, its never going to be love, at least not while your trying.

It's rare I hear anyone agree with me on that, so I appreciate that you do.

Now, what I consider mostly is the spirichul experts who promote this 'other kind of love' or 'unconditional' love or just plain old capital Love.

I think regardless of the truth of a statement, it's best to consider the consequence of it, and I have seen people told what they feel as love is not 'Real Love', and since this comes from an authoritive self styled Guru figure, they might take it to heart.

I have seen threads which disparage love into 'unconditional' and 'conditional', and members become distressed because their own love is somehow a pale comparison to this 'unconditional' thing the preacher 'tries' to convince them of.

I guess I'm being loving in saying this, but also, expressing some hatred for the preaching of a love which is other than the love which is heartfelt by any individual.
Old 19-09-2012, 02:59 PM
silent whisper

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
Being loving to me is being my self, if you have to try and love others, then your not truly loving, your just acting out some part that your not.

We all love from our own space...even the ones trying to love.

I could view your words as you see people who try to love you as not truly loving..yet in trying to love you they are in fact learning to love themselves..by loving you.

If you limit love to loving fully, you miss the many levels of love in this world...and for some trying is the beginning of what might transpire in that flicker...in my eyes its all just different aspects of love
Old 19-09-2012, 03:35 PM
amy green

If we don't feel the love it doesn't have to be a cut and dried static state. Being receptive, i.e. open hearted is like opening the door to the possibility that love may enter. This doesn't have to involve trying to love...just removing the blocks and opening up a space within us to allow possible entry.
Old 19-09-2012, 03:44 PM
Master
Here is how I see it (I am borrowing the analogy but the rest is me):
Imagine we are darkness enclosed in a locked room. In that room we create beauty, love, etc
Then one day true light (those who embody it call it love) unlocks the door and shines in and we see that we were the darkness creating love and beauty within darkness.