Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 07-09-2012, 02:07 PM
Master
Evolution or Creationism ... whats your slant?

This subject has surfaced on the boards recently, and has inspired me to create this thread .. I am interested to read what others 'perceive and/or believe surrounding the origins of Earth, Humanity, Life and the Universe ...

**Thanks in advance for all contributions ...
Old 07-09-2012, 03:05 PM
Sungirl

I have managed to create a nice compromising belief.

I believe that our physical vehicles have evolved from Apes and as our souls have evolved we have hitched a ride on them. I believe our souls come from a great source and will return back to them.

So I see that both philosophies have a kernel of truth, we just need to find the point in the middle.
Old 07-09-2012, 04:02 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sound
This subject has surfaced on the boards recently, and has inspired me to create this thread .. I am interested to read what others 'perceive and/or believe surrounding the origins of Earth, Humanity, Life and the Universe ...

**Thanks in advance for all contributions ...

I don't have a problem with either as both need work..... Evolution can be seen as a continuation and part of itself, hence you really can't be one without the other.

Last edited by lemex : 07-09-2012 at 05:18 PM.
Old 07-09-2012, 04:44 PM
sesheta

Evolution
Old 07-09-2012, 04:54 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sesheta
Evolution

I have a prediction. Science will find the source of evolution is part of DNA. They'll pat themselves on the back. Remember, it was said here before that happens as science always comes around to our side...
Old 07-09-2012, 05:16 PM
Neville

Between 10,000 and 5,000 bc, something very major occurred that to a certain extent goes against the grain of seeing evolution as a gradual process.

Mankind went from hunting and gathering to agriculture, which is as major a transition as one can imagine. about the same time lots of other things were happening, Stone circles, Pyramids, and Cities began to emerge. This time can be viewed as something of a leap in evolution.

I often wonder what precipitated such a transition, in the opening paragraph I clearly indicate that for the transition to become, it may well cover a gap of some 5000 years ..which to some is extremely gradual.. However for Millions of years before that, we were simply hunter gatherers..so when comparing Many Millions of years to 5,000 years renders our very first global revolution a virtually overnight affair.
Old 07-09-2012, 05:40 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neville
Between 10,000 and 5,000 bc, something very major occurred that to a certain extent goes against the grain of seeing evolution as a gradual process.

Mankind went from hunting and gathering to agriculture, which is as major a transition as one can imagine. about the same time lots of other things were happening, Stone circles, Pyramids, and Cities began to emerge. This time can be viewed as something of a leap in evolution.
That didn't just happen ''between 10,000 and 5,000 bc''. There are traces of domesticated plants and animals that date back much further. The famous Pyramids we see today have their predecessors. There is no ''mystery'', and if there is then the rapid technological changes of the past few centuries and of today should also be regarded as mystical. The human species can make rapid progress in civilization so I don't understand why this is considered a mystery. While the progress of civilization is an interesting topic by itself it is also a different topic.
Old 07-09-2012, 05:41 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sesheta
Evolution
Smart girl!
Old 07-09-2012, 05:49 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neville

I often wonder what precipitated such a transition, in the opening paragraph I clearly indicate that for the transition to become, it may well cover a gap of some 5000 years ..which to some is extremely gradual.. However for Millions of years before that, we were simply hunter gatherers..so when comparing Many Millions of years to 5,000 years renders our very first global revolution a virtually overnight affair.

Your right Neville there is a theory that says exactly that. I can't remember the proper theory name so it's certainly not outside playing it's part. You know we think evolution is very slow but at times might be kicked in the pants remembering our historic memory is very very short. Your comment makes me think what do we see as evolution, ourselves or technology. And your point of moving from simple hunter gatherers to agrarian was a social not physical evolution. In social evolution we are recipients of things, things like knowledge and such. Someone comes up with an invention and everyone benefits , everyone moves toward it but did not invent it becoming a part of it. It was one person who presented it and it affected everyone. Social evolution therefore is even quicker, in fact it will take us to the stars I am sure. But what I see about physical evolution there seems to be the fact no one person is more advance. And when evolution happens it happens to the group or whole group like tag, your it. We must remember to evolution happens at the molecular level and once your born your beyond that. Your evolution in no longer you it is (in) your offspring. Evolution is in a range and not permanent only in respect to some future. We obviously don't see evolution because we are in it. Contrary to what we've been taught evolution may at times be very quick, I don't rule it out. Wondering if any can see some sense in this.
Old 07-09-2012, 05:54 PM
Master
There are many cases of species drastically changing in only a few generations (f.i. the finches studied by Grant).