Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 12-09-2012, 07:25 AM
3dnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulWhisperer
I wasn't sure where to put this post, so I will just fo to the general section. The thing is, in the summer, ants joyfully take control of my backyard. I respect all life and recognize that there is a purpose for everything in nature . So, I leave them be, for two reasons - 1 - I hate killing even the smallest thing, and - 2 - I like to keep as much negative attitudes away from my life as I possible can.

So, to the point. There comes a time when these ants become so bold as to find any little hole they can to inflitrate my kitchen, my cats food and the kitchen's cabinets. I have been avoiding this, and had to see my mother upset
because I let the ants grow in large numbers with my decision not to kill them.

What have I been avoiding you might ask. Spraying insecticide powder around to prevent them from getting inside the house.

What I wanted to ask is... from a spiritual point of view, how negative can this action can be considered, how can this hinder one's spiritual progress, or am I just making too much out of this?

SOULWHISPERER

You are my hero. I am with you. Did you realize that telepathy works with insects? I several times showed the way out (the window) to bees and other insects. When you respect them as if they were human they take you seriously. Thinking that we are superior to insects is totally crazy. Comparison is not possible. They also have a higher self. It is the same life force. They are the sun.

EDIT: But there is no being victim in unconditional love. It is love for yourself and these ants. So the hard way would also be ok to me.
Old 16-09-2012, 01:24 PM
Master
I've not read through this whole thing. I don't know if there's any negative aspects from killing insects. I can't say I don't, but mostly I won't kill if I don't have to. This morning there was a tiny spider in my sink and I took it outside. Most spiders I just leave be in my house. I feared this one would get washed down the drain and I didn't want that to happen.

I do, however, kill flies, mosquitos and fleas ... What are the purpose of mosquitos and fleas? Flies can lay their eggs and the resulting maggots eat up decomposing matter, so that is useful, but I still hate them flying around me.

When I'm out running, I feel connected to the ants I see, the spiders, slugs, worms. I move them off the paths so they don't get trampled, if I see the risk. A friend of mine's son would gleefully stomp ants. It bothered me a lot. I finally sat him down and had a talk.

Oh, I bought stuff to keep fleas out of my house. I spray and do what I have to. I honestly can't imagine not getting rid of them. Do you have a way to do this without killing?
Old 16-09-2012, 01:40 PM
amy green

Sarian - I'm with you on this one. I would also draw the line at fleas and perhaps mosquitoes since they both feast on human blood.

Knightofalbion shows how mosquitoes can be caught when they are very high up, see post #53