Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 29-08-2012, 09:24 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alternate Carpark
"We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts we make our world." - Buddha
Hi AC: the quote by Buddha intrigued me for some time, and after some stillness, some looking at what 'is'.. i have concluded that we are not 'what we think', we are 'that' which does the thinking.. thinking or not, there is 'that' which looks, sees, does, experiences, 'that' which 'is'..

We may operate our 'meat-puppets' based on 'thoughts', but.. who/what does the 'thinking', who/what is there when the thoughts are silent and the 'meat-puppets' are dust in the wind? I am 'that', we/us/Life are 'that'....

Be well..
Old 29-08-2012, 09:31 PM
TzuJanLi

Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
Hi Tzu .

I can relate to what you are saying and I would agree that on some level what you believe or what one gives energy too can actual manifest in some shape or form .

What allows one to believe without a doubt?

What mind state can entertain a mind state that allows one to walk on water .

Does one have a choice to entertain that belief .

When one is of the realization there is no-one to choose to be realized .

It just happens because one is at a stage or a point of awareness of that self .

Choices at a point no longer come into the fold .

So where does choices begin and end for an individual . What mind states entertain them .

x daz x
One walks on water, when s/he realizes they are the water..

There is always a choice, the choice to abandon choosing is a choice..

Be well..
Old 30-08-2012, 12:12 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
Hi Guy's .

Plenty of threads kicking about regarding one's choices .. the ability to choose this or that, to choose to be happy or to be free for instance .

Perhaps if one has the choice to do this or that doesn't necessarily allow what that may be manifest .

If something that one chooses to become them doesn't manifest does that point to that perhaps one never really had that particular choice to make ...

Whats your thoughts ..

x daz x

Hi God –Like, a well-considered question to choose, as life itself is shaped by choice, in every moment we live whether we select to use it or not. Who we are as human beings is determined by our choices in any moment. As a subliminal, subtle, subconscious reaction, or with conscious recognition and purpose, or even when we give up that right to choose, accepting to be lead or guided by the prevailing conventions of the majority.

Where obviousness may identify the direct influence choice may have on the individual who chooses, less obvious may be the influence of global interconnectivity and how the choices of billions shape the overall condition of the human race. The currents of life are sourced by the flows of choice selected by us `all` less obvious than their resulting influences on the individual, but more relevant than the individuals personal choices.

Human nature and its material activity manifest`s obvious priorities and aims in the individual, as we are more the same than different. So as variations of choice may seem to be many, they are less in quantity than is recognized, as more often than not we `react` to biological urges rather than choose. Choice may be less what we seek and more what finds us, and how we adapt to its influences.

Whereas a comparable, more subtle or Spiritual aspect of chosen experiences may be even more simplified, as they require a choice of surrender only. Beyond that choice we may only flow in currents that have `no` individual prioritization.

Within that comparison, of having `seemingly` too much choice and no choice the prevailing currents and their flows reflect two natures. One that allows only a flow in harmony/or not, while the other seeks to create millions of individual currents and flows. Seems there is a lesson in there somewhere. Selflessness and selfishness is a choice we all have in every moment.
Old 30-08-2012, 12:24 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuck
I don't believe we can always choose what happens to us but we have some degree of choice over how we respond to it. I say 'some degree' because I still can't see that happiness or joy is going to be a response in every situation no matter how hard we try.

I am uncomfortable with the new age notion that we choose our lives or that the universe responds to our desires. i have not knowingly chosen anything of what happened to me. In fact, in many ways I got the opposite of what i wanted. Perhaps this was fate, a lesson to learn..I don't know. But I haven't chosen my circumstances. That said, I am learning from them and try to remain positive and see the good. I believe we choose our attitudes in many cases but I would not tell anyone that they have a choice over everything.

As I see it, we are complex beings with multiple levels of consciousness. The 'me' that chooses what to eat for dinner or to think more positively is the surface mind.

There are other aspects that consist of sub-conscious programing and don't really choose but react automatically.

There are deep levels of our beings that did choose to come to this world for particular reasons the surface or so-called 'conscious' mind may not (yet) know of.

As far as the surface mind goes, we don't have a choice until we see the alternative to our familiar identity pattern and learn how to shift our attention to it.

Xan

Old 30-08-2012, 12:24 AM
Mountain-Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by TzuJanLi
Greetings..

Hi AC: the quote by Buddha intrigued me for some time, and after some stillness, some looking at what 'is'.. i have concluded that we are not 'what we think', we are 'that' which does the thinking.. thinking or not, there is 'that' which looks, sees, does, experiences, 'that' which 'is'..

We may operate our 'meat-puppets' based on 'thoughts', but.. who/what does the 'thinking', who/what is there when the thoughts are silent and the 'meat-puppets' are dust in the wind? I am 'that', we/us/Life are 'that'....

Be well..
If that's what you think you are...
Old 30-08-2012, 02:45 AM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alternate Carpark
If that's what you think you are...
It 'is', currently.. but, the 'thought' is based on much more than 'thinking', and.. it is not the 'thinking' that determines my perspective or 'who i am' , the 'thinking' translates experience into 'knowledge', the 'first degree of separation', the abstract version of experience, but.. in some circumstances, thinking can equate with experiencing..

Be well..
Old 30-08-2012, 04:38 AM
sesheta

To Alternate Carpark

YAY ! ~hug~ I've been myself, though not back, just visiting while taking an online holiday.

Well, in that case....put your feet up, take an extended vacation, and stay a while
Old 30-08-2012, 04:54 AM
Mountain-Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by TzuJanLi
Greetings..

It 'is', currently.. but, the 'thought' is based on much more than 'thinking', and.. it is not the 'thinking' that determines my perspective or 'who i am' , the 'thinking' translates experience into 'knowledge', the 'first degree of separation', the abstract version of experience, but.. in some circumstances, thinking can equate with experiencing..

Be well..
i partially agree, one's perspective is conclusions derived from thinking about one's experiences.
aka "We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts we make our world." - Buddha
Old 30-08-2012, 04:58 AM
Mountain-Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by sesheta
Well, in that case....put your feet up, take an extended vacation, and stay a while
No can do, as i start my new job Sept 1, that's why i took a holiday from Spiritual Boards to come visit me friends, enemies and the indifferent, here @ SF.

~smiles~ pray tell sesheta, where do i put my feet up, if you have any suggestions?
Old 30-08-2012, 05:05 AM
sesheta

To Alternate Carpark

~smiles~ pray tell sesheta, where do i put my feet up, if you have any suggestions?

NOT on your computer keyboard, or we'll end up with a very garbled message, lololol