Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 15-09-2012, 12:45 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riboflavin
Leave it to Tzu jan li to make something out of nothing. Wish i could do that.

i think the issue raised by tzu is about two extremes of spirituality.
the total control of the seeker in the hierarchy and total freedom of an individual seeker, in which tzu wants to emphasize that there should be balance between the two.

we all know the evils of religion in our history and yet total personal freedom was also a failed experiment during the hippy days. most of them has gone back to the society and its authorities they used to spurn and became responsible employees and parents as well.
Old 15-09-2012, 12:52 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neville
Hello Rustic Sage,

I like the sound of Theonautics, low on dogma and high in cutting ones own swathe.

imo, spirituality ultimately leads to self knowledge.
and subscribe to the most efficient ways to do it.
Old 15-09-2012, 06:18 AM
RusticSage

A Renewed Purpose of Vision

After several posts on Theonautics, and with the suggestions, criticisms, and evolutions that came out of it, this is the direction I am going with it:

Theonautics is a method of viewing divinity or god, that can best be described as Abstract Emanationism

Abstract Emanationism is the idea that:
  • Each person has their own divine personas that they can commune with
  • Each divine persona is without inherent mythology or cosmology
  • Each divine persona is a manifestation of a single divine principle
  • Each divine persona has a myriad of symbolic evolving forms
  • Each divine persona is equal to one another
  • A person can be of *any* paradigm or belief system, and incorporate them
[/list]
To give you a quick example, I have 12 Emanations, that I like to call The Twelve Elders, with the 13th archetype being called "Deity".

Here is my current list:

The Sentinel
The Archivist
The Sovereign
The Emissary
The Craftsman
The Mistress
The Architect
The Magistrate
The Minister
The Oracle
The Healer
The Warrior

Let me know what you think about the idea

Note: This idea is similar to other energetic concepts of divinity such as The Tree of Life, The Seven Chakras, The Nine Worlds, and The Eight Colors/Rays of Chaos, save for the fact that it is suggesting that each person has their own version of the system, and it doesn't presuppose a particular paradigm, language, or culture in order to use it. Unlike my previous attempts to define my idea in the past, this does not require a person to adopt or create an entire belief system from scratch - it is only an approach to a single aspect of metaphysics - Theology.

I am taking this in a less "all-encompassing" direction, because I feel that the point of this idea isn't to force people into creating every aspect of their spirituality from scratch, or to make them adopt a new worldview, but to help people who view deity in a more abstract way by showing them a suitably freeform method of theology - nothing more.
Old 15-09-2012, 11:13 AM
TzuJanLi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RusticSage
After several posts on Theonautics, and with the suggestions, criticisms, and evolutions that came out of it, this is the direction I am going with it:

Theonautics is a method of viewing divinity or god, that can best be described as Abstract Emanationism

Abstract Emanationism is the idea that:
  • Each person has their own divine personas that they can commune with
  • Each divine persona is without inherent mythology or cosmology
  • Each divine persona is a manifestation of a single divine principle
  • Each divine persona has a myriad of symbolic evolving forms
  • Each divine persona is equal to one another
  • A person can be of *any* paradigm or belief system, and incorporate them
[/list]
To give you a quick example, I have 12 Emanations, that I like to call The Twelve Elders, with the 13th archetype being called "Deity".

Here is my current list:

The Sentinel
The Archivist
The Sovereign
The Emissary
The Craftsman
The Mistress
The Architect
The Magistrate
The Minister
The Oracle
The Healer
The Warrior

Let me know what you think about the idea

Note: This idea is similar to other energetic concepts of divinity such as The Tree of Life, The Seven Chakras, The Nine Worlds, and The Eight Colors/Rays of Chaos, save for the fact that it is suggesting that each person has their own version of the system, and it doesn't presuppose a particular paradigm, language, or culture in order to use it. Unlike my previous attempts to define my idea in the past, this does not require a person to adopt or create an entire belief system from scratch - it is only an approach to a single aspect of metaphysics - Theology.

I am taking this in a less "all-encompassing" direction, because I feel that the point of this idea isn't to force people into creating every aspect of their spirituality from scratch, or to make them adopt a new worldview, but to help people who view deity in a more abstract way by showing them a suitably freeform method of theology - nothing more.
It seems like another belief system 'about' that which which cannot be contained by a 'system'.. You say "freeform method of theology", but invoke an ideology and a 'structure' suitable for your own understanding.. it seems as if your desire your own 'religion'.. just observations.. it seems like you are writing a script, and looking for actors..

Be well..
Old 15-09-2012, 12:47 PM
Neville

I am liking the basic archetype list , assuming it's a work in progress, many disciplines(is that the right word) seem to go in for archetypes. Now because we are complex, there are a multitude of archetypes and combinations and permutations of aspects of archetypes that make us up e.g part craftsman, part architect.

The propensity exists then , for one to get a little bogged down in the archetype side of theonautistics.
Old 15-09-2012, 03:15 PM
Nada

Rusty,
What is driving you to create Theonautics?
Why do you feel that the society needs another belief system, Theonautics?
Who are the people who are going to join into Theonautics, in your opinion?
Have you talk to anyone who also showed interests in Theonautics?
What market research have you done that justifies the creation of Theonautics?
Why do you think that others will find your Theonautics appealing?
It is not appealing to me at all but I may not be your target market.

All of the above answers should be combined to create Theonautics.

Before creating any service or product, you need to create a business plan.

It seems that you created your "product/service" but you have not explained why we should pay for it and how you are going to attract people.

Any spirituality/religion requires time, efforts, and resources by those who choose to follow/pursue it.

In addition, the followers "pay" for it also with their life consequences due to their belief system.

So, start with the human factors of the potential followers first.

Create a business plan before creating the "product.”

Many ideas fail because people are not going to pay for it due to its lack of usefulness.

In my opinion, you created another belief system that is not any different than already existing. You just renamed all the characters.

Plus, you are still within the classical music format. Not Bach but closer to Stravinsky. No where near Jazz.

Last edited by Nada : 15-09-2012 at 04:44 PM.
Old 15-09-2012, 09:47 PM
RusticSage

What I can gather from this thread, is that with a few exceptions, the majority of posters are intersted in stating that my idea is unoriginal, impractical, and based on my desire to have my own religion with people who agree with me.

You are probably right... this idea isn't very unique, and for most people, its easier to work with familiar historical deities, but I still think this concept is valuable for when I eventually write all my ideas down. I will admit, that I shared this concept to find others who agreed with the concept, but why is that different than having any sense of spritual community, regardless of the manfesttion?

I have no idea who this appeaals to, because I can count the amount of people who work with abstarct deities or archetypes on my left hand. But I will say, that most of them do not share their ideas, because they get picked apart like mine has in this thread.

People hate new ideas, and discount them as just another form of something already established, so they can go on believing something familiar. I just wanted to suggest something different, and find people who were interested - not listen to ** from uninterested people, as usual.

Last edited by RusticSage : 15-09-2012 at 11:00 PM.
Old 15-09-2012, 10:49 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:
Originally Posted by RusticSage
What I can gather from this thread, is that with a few exceptions, the majority of posters are intersted in stating that my idea is unoriginal, impractical, and based on my desire to have my own religion with people who agree with me.

You are probably right... this idea isn't very unique, and for most people, its easier to work with familiar historical deities, but I still think this concept is valuable for when I eventually write all my ideas down. I will admit, that I shared this concept to find others who agreed with the concept, but why is that different than having any sense of spritual community, regardless of the manfesttion?

I have no idea who this appeaals to, because I can count the amount of people who work with abstarct deities or archetypes on my left hand. But I will say, that most of them do not share their ideas, because they get picked apart like mine has in this thread.

People hate new ideas, and discount them as just another form of something already established, so they can go on believing something familiar. I just wanted to suggest something different, and find people who were interested - not listen to ** from uninterested people, as usual.
People love new ideas.. that's the thing, we've seen this 'idea' painted dozens of different colors, same idea, different 'color'..

Be well..
Old 16-09-2012, 02:11 AM
Mountain-Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nada
There are no issues...
...I do not like to waste my time.

This looks like an issue to me.