Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination > Pendulums and Dowsing

Old 02-10-2013, 06:53 AM
Pathfinder

Used pendulum, 1st time.... Strange after affect

Hi guys. So I used a pendulum for the first time a month ago at the advice of a good friend who gifted it to me. I had a good first experience and asked a deceased loved one to show a sign that she was here. That night and the following night I woke up at 2 and 3 am to the smell of dirty socks and a scared feeling. It only happened those two nights.

Do you think I invited someone else in since I'm inexperienced? Some malevolent spirit? I've heard they don't smell too fresh. Or could it really be my best friend from my childhood? I've been too afraid to use the pendulum again. Lol.
Old 04-10-2013, 09:12 AM
Master

I know very little about pendulums. I am not sure if I believe in them. I bought a pendulum the other day. The person said in the shop said to me, to say before using the pendulum that only good can come from it and other things. She wrote it down for me. I would only ask yes or no questions. I would not ask for a sign as you could be inviting low grade spirits if there is such a thing. I think there are low grade spirits but I never thought you could contact them from a pendulum. I think you have to be careful and use protection. As I said I know very little about pendulums. It is possible that the sign did not come from the pendulum. It could have been something else.
Old 05-10-2013, 09:19 PM
Pathfinder

I agree. It was just very coincidental. I did protect myself beforehand, and I sensed nothing negative at all. I probably did mess up by trying to communicate! Yikes. Thanks for the reply.
Old 25-10-2013, 01:09 AM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonBound
Hi guys. So I used a pendulum for the first time a month ago at the advice of a good friend who gifted it to me. I had a good first experience and asked a deceased loved one to show a sign that she was here. That night and the following night I woke up at 2 and 3 am to the smell of dirty socks and a scared feeling. It only happened those two nights.

Do you think I invited someone else in since I'm inexperienced? Some malevolent spirit? I've heard they don't smell too fresh. Or could it really be my best friend from my childhood? I've been too afraid to use the pendulum again. Lol.
=============================================

there are "Rules" you need to become familiar with.. DON'T make an open invitation to the dead.. you don't know what might show up, you can ask yes and no questions. but before you do read
http://www.lettertorobin.org/Home.html

this book is great.. it explains how to protect yourself.

Spirit Rescue: A Dowser's Ghostly Encounters Paperback – March 13, 2006
by Tick Gaudreau used on Amazon .. worth every penny.

there are some good dowsing forums on the internet.

I've been dowsing for 45 years, try the l rods, made out of wire.. coat hangers.. for finding things outside where a pendulum isn't going to work.
Old 01-12-2013, 07:24 AM
Deactivated Account

hello LondonBound, not sure on the scared feeling part... but maybe with the smelly socks smell your deceased loved one was trying to be funny ?

you don't really need your pendulum to ask your deceased loved one for a sign, just speak to them directly as if you are talking to them, like they are here ... and ask them for a sign, maybe a feather, or a penny or something you will recognize. It might take a little while to receive a sign, but keep believing you will and keep asking

Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 09-12-2013, 02:30 AM
Norligh

I've been using a pendulum for 8 years and one thing I can tell you is try to work on losing your fear early. Surround yourself with light and God and it will all be okay. Don't mess with anything dark but also don't fewr it. Know only your highest good is being watched over when you channel. Keep it about God and you will be fine.
Old 09-12-2013, 11:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norligh
I've been using a pendulum for 8 years and one thing I can tell you is try to work on losing your fear early. Surround yourself with light and God and it will all be okay. Don't mess with anything dark but also don't fear it. Know only your highest good is being watched over when you channel. Keep it about God and you will be fine.
Excellent advice...

Thank you, passnthru2 !

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 12-01-2014, 02:14 AM
cutiepie29

Sorry, just to ask, how are you able to protect yourself whilst using a pendulum?

I have used a pendulum before and have never protected myself as I was not aware that you needed to do so...

Can anyone shed some light on this?
Old 07-02-2014, 04:50 PM
CaityBee

I'm going to assume that using a pendulum to contact spirits is like using an Ouija board, which many people think is a dangerous way of opening up a portal that could be difficult to close.

The problem with contacting spirits from what I have been taught is that you don't know who you are really letting in. There are bad energies out there that will lie to you. I would advise against it, but I definitely understand your curiosity as I have done things like this. Just not with a pendulum.

Use caution!

I don't know too much about protecting yourself while using a pendulum. I always keep white sage handy for smudging. It's always important to ground yourself and let positive energy flow through you when doing anything like this.
Old 19-03-2014, 04:35 AM
Deactivated Account

I just recently started using a pendulum. First thing you need to is call apon ArchAngel Micheal and ask all the Arch Angels to be with you during the time your using the pendulum. DO NOT let anyone else touch or use your pendulum only person who should be using your pendulum is you or else it will pick up other people's energy. Store it some where clean like a table. Don't live it on the mail or any trash because it's likely to pick up junk or some things you'd not want to have. It's pretty much like a sponge to me it absorbs whatever is around it but for the most part if you use for good intentions you get the same back. Don't use it when your tired either